Pages:
Author

Topic: Forum activity by year - Chart 2009-2022 - page 2. (Read 376 times)

EFS
staff
Activity: 3696
Merit: 2065
Crypto Swap Exchange
January 24, 2023, 10:28:55 PM
Bitcoin_Arena pretty much summed it up. 2018 was the year when Bitcoin peaked both in price movements and in interest. If you check Google search statistics for Bitcoin you probably see similar pattern. Many people met Bitcoin at that time and started researching it. New ICO's are always introduced here. Most of the messages sent back then were also unnecessary spam posts. Even after 5 years, we clean them when they are reported.

Even if the Bitcoin price rises to new ATH's, the forum won't be that active again. Most of the attention has shifted to other platforms on social media. Bitcointalk will no longer be the platform where cryptocurrencies are discussed most actively, but it will remain a boutique venue.
Activity: 56
Merit: 20
January 24, 2023, 10:02:55 PM
almost 90% of bitcointalk users are inactive on forums in 2022, will they ever be active again?
or they completely quit the forum.

maybe people who are active on the forum in 2018 are just following along with what's trending, they just want to know what's interesting in this forum, and after they get bored, then slowly stop again from the forum.
Don't take it seriously, I'm just assuming.
legendary
Activity: 2436
Merit: 1561
January 24, 2023, 07:59:38 PM
Airdrops and bounties were so profitable to bounty hunters at that time, and it's probably a period where there was a very high account registration rate ever. It took a lot of time in 2018 for so many to realize that the bear market had set in after the rally.

Heh, I completely forgot about that. You're probably spot on here.
Those were the golden times when you could just quickly put together a lousy website, create a token, and then use it to pay desperate 3rd worlders to hype it up, creating value at zero cost.
copper member
Activity: 2030
Merit: 1788
฿itcoin for all, All for ฿itcoin.
January 24, 2023, 07:18:21 PM
Bitcoin's all-time high at that time happened around 17th December 2017, Ethereum would achieve it's all-time high in that bull run in early 2018. I think it was January. It sparked off a massive altcoin rally and ICOs, bounties, airdrops, spamming, account farming and scam were the thing of the time

Airdrops and bounties were so profitable to bounty hunters at that time, and it's probably a period where there was a very high account registration rate ever. It took a lot of time in 2018 for so many to realize that the bear market had set in after the rally.

The spamming went on for a long time, and it led to the introduction of the merit system later on in 2018

What you see afterward are a result of ;

- Death of ICO hype,
- Less profitability of bounties and Airdrops,
- The long crypto winter from 2018 to 2020,
- Less account farming and spamming due to the introduction of the merit system,
- much improved moderation where one-liners that were a thing back then will get deleted in no time etc
legendary
Activity: 2436
Merit: 1561
January 24, 2023, 06:11:57 PM

Edit: replaced original link with talkimg one
source: ninjastic.space

I was compiling the forum activity stats for my own amusement and thought I may just as well share them here (as couldn't find any similar topic).

What strikes me the most here is the enormous levels of activity in 2017 and most of all, 2018. This cannot be a coincidence and there's got to be a reason behind it. I reckon the simplest explanation would be the 2017 rally to almost $20k region (in December 2017) sparking massive interest in BTC and by extent - this forum. But it doesn't really add up, as for most of 2018 the price was free falling and the enthusiasm couldn't be too high. Also, we didn't see any significant increase with the 2021 pump.

Any theories?
Pages:
Jump to: