Pages:
Author

Topic: Forum moderation policy - page 28. (Read 973854 times)

Activity: 1120
Merit: 279
My blockchain can beat up your blockchain
January 05, 2017, 03:12:33 PM
     This may have been answered somewhere between pages 4 and 19 but I stopped at pg. 4. Sorry, but there are many other interesting threads for one to read here.

Regarding referral links:  There are a few sites that I use that offer a reward for posting your referral link in their thread, sometimes its just a user name they want you to post. There are thousands of pages wasted to this, 10's of thousands of posts. I am a guilty of contributing to this nonsense but the bonuses offered really make a difference in their games.

My Question: Does the posting of one's referral link to a specific thread in which the sole purpose of that thread's creation was for the posting of one's referral                 link hurt one's member status, ranking, or overall reputation as a serious member of the community? 

If you think about posting a referal link, I will find you and I will delete you.
your kidding right? Have you seen the yabtcl thread. There are thousands. I have never posted a referral link outside of yabtcl's thread.
Why not answer my question instead of threaten. As a staff member I would expect you to at least read my post. Unless you have a bot that tracks down any occurrence of the words "referral" or "link" and then stack them with your super powered staff threats.I never said I was going to create atopic myself. I was asking about the ones that already exist.
legendary
Activity: 2270
Merit: 1363
January 05, 2017, 05:16:39 AM
     This may have been answered somewhere between pages 4 and 19 but I stopped at pg. 4. Sorry, but there are many other interesting threads for one to read here.

Regarding referral links:  There are a few sites that I use that offer a reward for posting your referral link in their thread, sometimes its just a user name they want you to post. There are thousands of pages wasted to this, 10's of thousands of posts. I am a guilty of contributing to this nonsense but the bonuses offered really make a difference in their games.

My Question: Does the posting of one's referral link to a specific thread in which the sole purpose of that thread's creation was for the posting of one's referral                 link hurt one's member status, ranking, or overall reputation as a serious member of the community? 

If you think about posting a referal link, I will find you and I will delete you.
copper member
Activity: 1498
Merit: 1499
No I dont escrow anymore.
January 05, 2017, 02:59:37 AM

If you consider receiving a ban for spam as something that hurts your member status, the answer is yes. You are not allowed to create a thread for ref links. Put it in your signature and be done with it.
Activity: 1120
Merit: 279
My blockchain can beat up your blockchain
January 05, 2017, 12:40:59 AM

copper member
November 27, 2016, 10:19:50 AM
Can you please refer me to thread that spell out all the short words or abbreviation that is regular used at bitcointalk post?

-> https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/terminology-126798
Activity: 2408
Merit: 516
November 27, 2016, 10:05:45 AM
Can you please refer me to thread that spell out all the short words or abbreviation that is regular used at bitcointalk post?
Activity: 232
Merit: 100
November 23, 2016, 03:04:28 PM
I have never understood why people are sending spam in such forums is a little what will, and will do more harm than good.
legendary
Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965
Terminated.
November 08, 2016, 06:50:18 AM
are post allowed here like for marketing but in a descriptive manner not really sounds like selling or in short are we allowed to post company brand here.
If it's a new service that you're trying to *advertise* you could open a thread in Service Announcements. If you want to discuss an existing service then use Service Discussion. Just make sure that you do not post in other threads and constantly include the link to such a service as that would likely be considered advertising spam.
Activity: 1
Merit: 0
November 08, 2016, 05:22:28 AM
are post allowed here like for marketing but in a descriptive manner not really sounds like selling or in short are we allowed to post company brand here.
copper member
November 08, 2016, 02:05:19 AM
How many minutes, or messages I need to send or spend here in order to increasy my level from newbie to member? is there a list or reference for this at some place here?

No messages, its about posts and time. Everything over one post in time will not increase your activity and thus not your rank.

-> https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/newbie-readme-177133
Activity: 1666
Merit: 267
Earn bitcoins every hour: USBitcoinServices.com
November 08, 2016, 01:25:17 AM
How many minutes, or messages I need to send or spend here in order to increasy my level from newbie to member? is there a list or reference for this at some place here?
Activity: 70
Merit: 10
October 31, 2016, 02:06:28 AM
The policy to not remove anything worked when the forum was small. Now that we have thousands of posts a day, we can't afford 50% of them being junk. The moderators are now instructed to be less tolerant of low-value posts.

Some guidelines:

1. Free speech - you can say anything as long as it is relevant and presented in a calm and polite manner. Swearing, SHOUTING etc. make your post more likely to be removed.
2. No zero value posts or threads, like "SELL SELL SELL"
3. No pointless or uninteresting threads.
4. No referral code spam
5. No NSFW content

Guidelines are normal. These guidelines are very easy to follow.... and yes thank you for giving freedom to post here on BTC. Those who love BTC will never ever post anything vulgar/uninteresting post.
legendary
Activity: 1932
Merit: 1737
"Common rogue from Russia with a bare ass."
October 26, 2016, 09:35:16 AM

Re: avoiding bans for shit posting, imagine you are in a real life group conversation before you post.
Would you repeat immediately what the two people before you just said? Would you speak without forming a proper coherent sentence? Or would you keep your mouth shut until you felt you had something solid/interesting to contribute?
It's not rocket science.
-ck
legendary
Activity: 4088
Merit: 1631
Ruu \o/
October 18, 2016, 04:16:09 PM
EDIT:  Wait, does +1 count as a zero-value post?
That's correct, it is a zero value post.
Activity: 812
Merit: 1001
October 17, 2016, 10:04:25 AM
It's not a bad idea to remove junk and spam messages. But I would like to know about how post quality is determined and I would be glad to hear about all the factors that makes our post spam.

I too want to know the same. Many user are saying about many factors that makes our post spam. Although my messages weren't deleted every bit i am rather afraid of sick policy. I would be happy if you provide the link or say me about full policy.

As far as i understand , spam post are those post  that are not   on topic and  doesnt even  relevant  into it and  also  its doesnt  contribute anything to the community thats how  i  understand  on a spam post thats why  its one of the  most  important rule  in this  forum on not to commit spams.

Correct. And your post is spam, clearly.
But then you know that. You are an expert in this field.
Any reason you post spam? Well writing multiple posts per day on multiple farmed accounts is time consuming i guess.

Your account is part of the 400ish farmed accounts i have listed here, https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1597201.180
You are on an alphabetical list i see. You are "O".
(i haven't listed you yet, but check later, it will be there. i love alphabet lists, so easy to spot)

legendary
Terminated.
Activity: 1
Merit: 0
October 09, 2016, 03:38:53 AM
where I can learn the rules of this forum?
Activity: 2996
Merit: 609
October 01, 2016, 10:10:26 PM
It's not a bad idea to remove junk and spam messages. But I would like to know about how post quality is determined and I would be glad to hear about all the factors that makes our post spam.

I too want to know the same. Many user are saying about many factors that makes our post spam. Although my messages weren't deleted every bit i am rather afraid of sick policy. I would be happy if you provide the link or say me about full policy.

As far as i understand , spam post are those post  that are not   on topic and  doesnt even  relevant  into it and  also  its doesnt  contribute anything to the community thats how  i  understand  on a spam post thats why  its one of the  most  important rule  in this  forum on not to commit spams.
legendary
Terminated.
September 12, 2016, 02:28:53 AM
There is no fixed answer to that question. There is no exact "policy", nor can there be a policy that is good enough for determining spam/low quality posts. Easy examples of posts that get answered are posts that contain only emoticons, a good amount of posts that contain only 1 word (e.g. "watching"), posts that contain only insults (without any other input), etc. This is definitely not a "sick policy". This is a privately owned forum, and as such can enact any set of rules that the owners decide on. You can read the full (unofficial) list of rules here.
Activity: 882
Merit: 500
September 10, 2016, 03:32:10 AM

Pages:
Jump to: