Pages:
Author

Topic: Forum moderation policy - page 38. (Read 963617 times)

Activity: 588
Merit: 500
April 01, 2014, 06:16:10 PM
+1 is a place holder so I can go back edit the post and have it higher up in the thread can I not do this any more?
Activity: 28
Merit: 0
April 01, 2014, 04:14:03 AM
How about a policy to ban sociopathic liars and people who try to provide themselves with positive trust rating by running potentially ILLEGAL slandering campaigns just as josh (inaba) is doing to this site WITTHOUT the full permission of theymos who seriously has the biggest case of cognitive dissidence I've ever seen!

Oh no, there fine! Can't ban them but anyone who points out that there scummy sociopathic liars gets banned as they pay (Jan 2014 and before at least) this site a good amount of them stolen btcs!

How about some fucking banning hammers on these dirty filthy cockroaches! I mean just look at this shit and tell me what sane person would actually organise something like this!

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/bfl-bringing-down-the-trust-rating-549403

Seriously! If admins gave a fuck he would have been banned over 12 months ago but he was paying good money to keep his sheep rearing campaign going! 1 sick mother fucker and who employees such a cockroach dirtbag!

Seriously people, stop being chumps you sheeple!
Activity: 56
March 28, 2014, 07:29:53 AM
activity based on my post or something else?
how to add activity? im soo newbie.
i dont know why not all my post don't count as activity..
sory if repost... Grin
The first day of the active value can be up to 14 second days rose to 28 after the need to go through the moderator of the certification to be upgraded
Activity: 714
Merit: 503
March 28, 2014, 04:15:19 AM
sory if repost... Grin

Activity is based on how long you are a member for the most part, not how many posts you make.

It's explained here: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/newbie-readme-177133

Activity: 42
March 28, 2014, 02:18:19 AM
sory if repost... Grin
Activity: 518
Merit: 521
March 12, 2014, 06:44:32 AM
One of the things that intelligent people do, when they try to determine if Bitcoin is a system with a future, is to read what is written in this forum.  Diversity and variety is good.  Dishonesty and meaness is not good.  Bitcoin is more about freedom than it is about conformity.

Thanks. Good to see that some people still understand:

“Those who would give up Essential Liberty, to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety" - Benjamin Franklin (one of our founding fathers)

For the increasingly popular viewpoint in AmeriKa:

http://3dblogger.typepad.com/wired_state/2012/05/those-who-use-this-benjamin-franklin-quote-deserve-not-to-be-taken-seriously.html
legendary
Activity: 905
Merit: 1000
March 03, 2014, 02:43:09 AM
One of the things that intelligent people do, when they try to determine if Bitcoin is a system with a future, is to read what is written in this forum.  Diversity and variety is good.  Dishonesty and meaness is not good.  Bitcoin is more about freedom than it is about conformity.
Activity: 93
Merit: 10
February 25, 2014, 11:32:38 PM
Such a big forum but there are no clear rules on the forum thats a shame.

The fewer rules the better.     If you don't need the rule to have a chat with a few friends, why should a forum need it?    Forums, where the furniture police have set out 100+ rules are not a pleasure to participate in.

You want civility,  on-topic adult discussion with minimal distraction,  and high signal  encouraged by deleting things that don't add potential value.

I do agree, that signatures which are long or contain graphical banners  or large images are distracting and don't add to discussion.

Someone could make a rule of thumb,  about when the signature is just too much over the top.
But should it be in a list of rules?   Probably not.
Activity: 588
February 20, 2014, 10:44:40 PM
Its bad when people have 3 lines of billboards. Makes it so hard to even find what they wrote for the post.
legendary
Activity: 1204
Merit: 1000
February 20, 2014, 12:59:14 PM
FYC: While reading the forum I'm constantly bumping into some huge colorful "signatures" (they look more like bilboards) that make reading difficult sometimes.  
Yes, those are annoying. I'm tempted to write a Firefox plug-in that hides all posts with advertising signatures. Since people are paid for those posts, they're spam.
legendary
Activity: 3430
Merit: 1280
English ⬄ Russian Translation Services
February 20, 2014, 10:04:06 AM

This is obviously a lawless and primarily self-moderated forum, and this is likely one of the reasons why it has grown that big...

Is that a shame really?
Activity: 532
Currently held as collateral by monbux
February 20, 2014, 09:51:21 AM
legendary
Activity: 2212
Merit: 1199
February 15, 2014, 07:22:00 PM
Love is not only for beautiful people, and Bitcoins are not only for intelligent, wealthy people. -TippingPoint

I absolutely love your point.  U r my hero

Smiley That is so true and we can see it around forum Cheesy
Activity: 3
February 15, 2014, 12:14:08 PM
Love is not only for beautiful people, and Bitcoins are not only for intelligent, wealthy people. -TippingPoint

I absolutely love your point.  U r my hero
Activity: 144
Merit: 100
January 20, 2014, 08:49:39 AM
Anyone had their membership status dropped by one? Is this related to above?
Activity: 17
Activity: 17
January 09, 2014, 09:12:23 PM
I've posted about my stolen bitcoin from my multibit wallet while off and password protected, however my post was removed. I was wondering if this is an illegitimate topic or where could address this issue for having more info? Thanks
Activity: 266
Merit: 250
January 06, 2014, 05:34:25 AM
The policy to not remove anything worked when the forum was small. Now that we have thousands of posts a day, we can't afford 50% of them being junk. The moderators are now instructed to be less tolerant of low-value posts.

Some guidelines:

1. Free speech - you can say anything as long as it is relevant and presented in a calm and polite manner. Swearing, SHOUTING etc. make your post more likely to be removed.
2. No zero value posts or threads, like "SELL SELL SELL"
3. No pointless or uninteresting threads.
4. No referral code spam
5. No NSFW content

I most like the item number one. I feel here is freer place than many other forums. Staff is really pushing hard.

Pages:
Jump to: