Pages:
Author

Topic: Forum Time Machine - Mining bitcoin with Pentium processor - page 2. (Read 361 times)

Activity: 392
Merit: 13
Sugars.zone | DatingFi - Earn for Posting
based on today's data

1 BTC = $43.594

5 BLOCK = 0.01233 BTC  = 0.01233 BTC = $537

5 BTC = 81.09245 BLOCK

Feb 16, 2016 - Feb 16, 2022

6 Years , 0 Months , 0 Days
72 Months , 0 Days
313 Weeks, 1 Day
2192 Days
52608 Hours
3156480 Minutes
189388800 Seconds

I not a mathematician my guess could be wrong but if calculate the value today, the number is infinite  Shocked  Shocked
Activity: 191
Merit: 55
i now imagine how many more blocks he would have mined if theymos had not switched off his computer again and again.
furthermore, it is a very nice anecdote from the past and you can see how the times and the requirements change Smiley

btw, i mine for fun with my usb antminer u2 Grin
What faculty did theymos study at?

Could it be that during his time in high school and his freshman year, he received such a cool education that he would become technically advanced?
legendary
Activity: 3122
Merit: 7618
Crypto Swap Exchange
i now imagine how many more blocks he would have mined if theymos had not switched off his computer again and again.
furthermore, it is a very nice anecdote from the past and you can see how the times and the requirements change Smiley

btw, i mine for fun with my usb antminer u2 Grin
legendary
Activity: 2212
Merit: 7064
This is small 10th 12 anniversary of Bitcoin Pentium day.
Exactly ten twelve years ago theymos was mining Bitcoin with his computer Pentium processor and he mined five blocks on this day.
You can do the math and calculate how much that is worth today, but it's a shame he had a habit of turning off his computer each night when we was going to sleep  Cheesy

Here is original post made by theymos back than:

I generated 5 blocks today on my Pentium processor. Two of them were within 3 minutes of each other.

I have noticed some slowdown since the adjustment, but I still generate a lot of coins. My computer is off while I'm sleeping, and BitCoin bootstraps quickly when I turn it back on. Do you guys-who-are-having-trouble have the BitCoin port open?

Fast forward ten years, and now we need to have special asic miners for mining Bitcoin that are working non-stop 24/7.
Times change, but Bitcoin is still the same.

Pages:
Jump to: