Pages:
Author

Topic: Forum Word Clouds - Which words are most common in Topics - page 2. (Read 350 times)

legendary
Activity: 2338
Merit: 10802
There are lies, damned lies and statistics. MTwain
what surprised me most is that the word scam is not used more often. i thought that complaints about being scamed are more frequent. or scam accusations. or false scam accusations.

It kind of crops up in the Beginners & Help Word Cloud (near the bottom) and in the Altcoin Discussion (north west of Ethereum), but in a lesser font size since other words are repeated with a higher frequency. It also present in other sections subjects too, but not frequently enough to be drawn.
legendary
Activity: 1498
Merit: 1113
what surprised me most is that the word scam is not used more often. i thought that complaints about being scamed are more frequent. or scam accusations. or false scam accusations.
legendary
Activity: 2338
Merit: 10802
There are lies, damned lies and statistics. MTwain
I have created a word cloud for 9 section/subsections selected at my discretion, using the Topic names only, for the most recent 200 Topics in each of these exercises. Topics get moved around often, so the actual words could change from hour to hour really, but it's not a bad starting point for this analysis.

The idea is to see which are the most trending words in each and see if there are any surprises at all.

1. Bitcoin Discussion

The word Bitcoin rules by far in this section (fortunately), but check out market players: Bill, Gates, Sach, Warren. Government and banks are on the list too ...

2. Development & Technical Discussion

Bitcoin, Network, Blockchain, Lightning, Transaction and Help are at the top.

3. Economics

Bitcoin rules again, followed by cryptocurrency, crypto, blockchain, money and price.

4. Marketplace

Bitcoin, followed by crypto, cryptocurrency, mining, bittrex, bitfinex, market, binance.. and bots!

5. Meta

Merit (no surprise) rules along side account; forum and hacked follow. I didn't see Sir, but maybe Please is replacing it ..

6. Beginners & Help

Beginners is all about bitcoin.. and bounty ..

7. Altcoin Discussion

Etherum/ETH are the main focus in detriment of Bitcoin. Regret is pretty large ..

8. Trading Discussion

Trading is the center. think and strategy are there, but so are fud and dump (I guess the meaning is not what i'm thinking in this case)..

9. Bounty Altcoins

Bounty is the obvious center, followed by Airdrop, Blockchain, Tokens, Campaign, Reward/Rewards (which, if aggregated, would be near the size of Bounty). Icons are a large active to the word cloud too.

Note: The tool I used eliminates numbers (which in this case is good because page numbers would otherwise show up in the word cloud) and dollar signs  amongst others, so $ is not shown..
Pages:
Jump to: