Pages:
Author

Topic: "fossil fuelled cars will disappear by 2025" - page 2. (Read 922 times)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0
Sooner or later it has to happen. I hope that this time will be thoroughly refined techniques for the use of alternative energy sources in automobiles. But oil is the only fuel, but also the main raw material for the chemical industry. How to replace it in this industry is the question.
Activity: 185
Merit: 100
USA is the garbage of the fossil fuelled cars, do you know that? First, USA gotta take a step in this area.
legendary
Activity: 3906
Merit: 1373
... right. And we will have bases on the moon by the 1990s.

Grin
Activity: 21
Merit: 0
This is a joke. However it's inevitable that fossil fuels will run out, or at least become so insufficient that their price will skyrocket beyond what normal people can afford and that will happen in the coming two decades or so. Surprisingly little is being done to prepare some alternative and if this keeps up I'm afraid the golden age of prosperity we're living in will eventually end.
Activity: 157
Merit: 100
I really doubt that will happen, 8 years is simply not enough for such a revolutionary change.
Companies that produce them will not agree with that, im sure it will not happen before 2040.
Activity: 686
Merit: 253
If it's indeed true then it's good news for all of us as we will have our healthy environment once again and begin to live naturally like we used to before these petrochemicals destroyed the ozone later and exposed us to direct sunlight.
legendary
Activity: 1288
Merit: 1087
http://www.stuff.co.nz/motoring/news/92592333/petrol-cars-will-vanish-in-8-years-says-us-report

the predicted timing is laughable however i think the guy will be eventually right a decade or two after that.

but the most interesting thing isn't the end of petrol and diesel, it's the end of car ownership.

i don't enjoy driving so the idea of renting something that'll drive itself to where i wanna go sounds great. i don't know how they'll ever address the legality and security vulnerabilities.

is it an idea you like or will you be sad if it happens?

Pages:
Jump to: