Pages:
Author

Topic: FPGA boards are here - page 2. (Read 3091 times)

Activity: 756
Merit: 500
August 23, 2011, 09:54:45 AM
As much as we're going to continue seeing hyperinflation making the world fiat money useless I think that there is a bubble in gold that will burst at some point. This is the perfect opportunity for cryptocurrencies to take the lead with the simultaneous bursting of both gold and fiat bubbles.  
Activity: 140
Merit: 100
August 23, 2011, 09:26:00 AM

You can the  also consider that the rate of inflation in fiat money is only getting faster and that few lousy grand you dropped on some FPGAs is nothing will be quickly forgotten and you will break even before you know it. 

Break even? This isn't guaranteed. We're assuming BTC keeps increasing against the USD and if it doesn't outperform gold and silver you have just made a terrible investment.
Activity: 756
August 23, 2011, 09:04:15 AM
To be fair you would be a very high volume customer to be spending 60g and I think you would get a reduced unit price.
I have some 300w Tt heatpipe fanless PSU's that would be prefect for this and they don't need a motherboard, cpu, RAM so you are saving money there. They could also be used to help keep alternate blockchains ticking over and for people in countries with high electricity costs. I will be looking into ordering one soon.

You can the  also consider that the rate of inflation in fiat money is only getting faster and that few lousy grand you dropped on some FPGAs is nothing will be quickly forgotten and you will break even before you know it. 
Activity: 602
August 23, 2011, 04:00:03 AM
Nothing much, the initial fronting costs have come down which is good, but they're still crazy high. > $6/MHash at ~2mil difficulty is a pretty difficult investment to make into bitcoin in any kind of volume.

a 10GHash investment would run you $60,000 USD, are you willing to sink that much money for ~$60 a day return (with no guarantee of this being sustainable)? Keep in mind 1000 day return window in an optimistic scenario is almost 3 years to break even.
Activity: 31
Merit: 0
August 23, 2011, 02:40:39 AM
Pages:
Jump to: