Pages:
Author

Topic: Fractalcoin - The most important cryptocurrency innovation of 2014 - page 2. (Read 2473 times)

Activity: 249
Merit: 250
If people would actually care about that....Carrying bags for weeks...

Are you saying you've been carrying bags for weeks? FRAC is only a month old?

Yes... Seems a long time to me.

Naaaa, this is nothing. Smiley

Quark was worthless for 6 months before it hit mainstream interest and shot up like a rocket.

Doge was written off as a joke when it launched, including by me!

It's really hard to predict the timing on these things, but I've never seen an innovative coin that didn't get end up making it big.

Plus the timing is perfect at the moment because people are starting to get sick of all the anon-clones, the market is ready for the next innovation.
Activity: 311

Yes... Seems a long time to me.

Activity: 249

Activity: 311
Activity: 854
Merit: 1000
I would like to bring your attention to Fractalcoin (thread located here: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/ann-frac-fractalcoin-added-to-cryptsy-x11-slingshield-fees-650173) which, in my opinion, has the most important innovation of 2014.  The devs of Fractalcoin have created Slingshield which takes the dreaded 51% attack we all worry about and makes it so that you have to have 71% of hash power to have a successful attack.  They have managed to increase network security SUBSTANTIALLY.  The white paper can be read here: https://mega.co.nz/#!gBEQ3JhQ!0R40rMjdN8jbzxKAtH9X3ZciRx5yuBOsq7KWosGUFgo

Fractalcoin has other excellent innovations with doubtless more on the way but Slingshield is truly amazing.  I suspect we'll see many new altcoins utilizing it in the future.  The greatest thing about all of this is how under the radar this innovation has been.  Fractalcoin currently has a market cap of less than $150,000.  I suspect people either missed the coin in the huge sea of coin releases or don't grasp just how important this is.  I personally have a short term market cap target of $x,xxx,xxx and midterm target of $xx,xxx,xxx but that is of course speculative.  However, as I always say, invest in the dev, not the coin.  And the three devs of Fractalcoin have created the most innovative and important new feature of 2014.
Pages:
Jump to: