Pages:
Author

Topic: Free BitcoinTalk notification extension for Chrome & Opera - page 2. (Read 3178 times)

copper member
Activity: 3948
Merit: 2201
Verified awesomeness ✔
there is no extension for firefox or palemoon browser??
No, as they don't have the chrome.* functions needed for this extension to work (nor do they support .crx). OP would have to rewrite the whole script before it can be used in another browser.

Sorry BitcoinLucky for posting this often in your thread. I'll be quiet if you want me to be.
Activity: 195
Merit: 100
★YoBit.Net★ 200+ Coins Exchange & Dice
there is no extension for firefox or palemoon browser??
legendary
Activity: 1470
Merit: 1002
I am going to test this extension on my chrome, but i have a suggestion
Can you add a feature that alert if someone mention you for example in a post that include our nickname ".. lorylore ..."
Pretty same as the facebook mention notification. "You have been mention "here""
I doubt that this will be added as it would mean that the script would have to scan the whole forum, which is a lot of work. It's easier if something like that is added to the forum itself (maybe suggest it in the New Forum section?).

Yeah i understand it's a lots of work to scan even for a single member.
If the number of users is increasing to use this tool than it would take to long -> infinite to solve this kind of task, non-stop and lots of resources to be used.
It's better to be integrated in forum, Ok i am making a thread now in Meta -> New forum software, thank you.
Activity: 336
Merit: 250
Thanks for the extension OP and thanks to Mitchell for checking out the code.

Will be of great use.
copper member
Verified awesomeness ✔
Can you add a feature that alert if someone mention you for example in a post that include our nickname ".. lorylore ..."
Pretty same as the facebook mention notification. "You have been mention "here""
I doubt that this will be added as it would mean that the script would have to scan the whole forum, which is a lot of work. It's easier if something like that is added to the forum itself (maybe suggest it in the New Forum section?).
Activity: 392
Thats a good suggestion IMO, btw does this belong to the bitcoin discussion tho? I would say something like meta or service discussion would be better.
legendary
Activity: 1470
Merit: 1002
Activity: 546
Merit: 500
i always use mail notification, ill try this
Activity: 532
You have eyes but can see Mt. Tai?!
Just one thing I noticed, I dont think anything can be done about it but seems like you get all the notifs. at once when you newly install and start the extension , and other features would be good as well, maybe something like
1) If you don't answer in say 1 hr but you are online, the extension could message the guy who sent a PM like "I'm busy currently, I'll follow up your PM when I am back"
2) Marking threads important, and getting notifs.
Many more I think I can come up with just lemme get back from work to get this damn creative mind to come up with some ideas.
Activity: 686
fb.com/Bitky.shop | Bitcoin Merch!Premium Quality!
Interesting extension, can you make it for Mozilla Firefox?

Anyway the extension is detected the account which already log in on this forum? How if an account forum go offline?
copper member
Verified awesomeness ✔
I've read the source files for the Bitcointalk extension and it's clean. It does only that what it says and nothing more. I downloaded the .CRX with the "Give Me CRX"-extension which gave me the file extension_1_0_1.crx (application/x-chrome-extension) with a size of 1354447 bytes and the hashes:
MD5   705dbe2507bd1e9cb5038aa3106e2500
SHA-1   c00291555f339f49beb66eaaffc775cbcbe80b8e
SHA-256   502090873ae11c4f57f524f461fe8ba32ad6d0c82d06d0000f2fea720297e7ef

It's pretty useful to be honest. I was sceptical at first, but I think I'm going to use this extension, instead of Gmail's popup. This is just as quick and this way I don't need to read a styleless version of the message.

Nice to see your feedback, Mitchell. Thanks for your time, and I hope you enjoy the extension!
No problem. Here to help.

Yes. However, there is a button to send a PM back, according to the screenshot. Extension users, please correct me if I'm wrong (I've yet to try it out).
He asked if he could reply instantly. Pressing on a button to go to your inbox and then pressing another button to reply doesn't sound instantly to me. Anyway, yes, there is a button you can press to go to your inbox and to the correct message.
Thanks for clarifying. If I have time, I might try modifying it so that it is possible to reply in the notification directly.
You could try, but it can't be done using the chrome.notifications as they don't support input fields. You could create an alert box with an input box if you click on a button, but that would take a bit of fiddling around.
Activity: 616
Wow really great extension.  I like it very much.  It must be useful to me, as I am actively participate in BitcoinTalk.
legendary
Activity: 1232
Merit: 1005
Another option is use an email only for this site use outlook or some app for android that will notify when you receive a new email
Activity: 67
Merit: 10
Finally, this is what I've been waiting for. Grin
Can you add the notification for new replies? Smiley

Godd Idea, Jeremy!
Gonna work on it.

you can make it for firefox?
I feel less comfortable with chrome & opera browser

Not yet, Rinhunter. I will put some efforts on some other tips for the extension first.
Activity: 67
Merit: 10
I've read the source files for the Bitcointalk extension and it's clean. It does only that what it says and nothing more. I downloaded the .CRX with the "Give Me CRX"-extension which gave me the file extension_1_0_1.crx (application/x-chrome-extension) with a size of 1354447 bytes and the hashes:
MD5   705dbe2507bd1e9cb5038aa3106e2500
SHA-1   c00291555f339f49beb66eaaffc775cbcbe80b8e
SHA-256   502090873ae11c4f57f524f461fe8ba32ad6d0c82d06d0000f2fea720297e7ef

It's pretty useful to be honest. I was sceptical at first, but I think I'm going to use this extension, instead of Gmail's popup. This is just as quick and this way I don't need to read a styleless version of the message.

Nice to see your feedback, Mitchell. Thanks for your time, and I hope you enjoy the extension!
Activity: 826
Merit: 1000
you can make it for firefox?
I feel less comfortable with chrome & opera browser
staff
Activity: 3374
Merit: 6530
Just writing some code
Yes. However, there is a button to send a PM back, according to the screenshot. Extension users, please correct me if I'm wrong (I've yet to try it out).
He asked if he could reply instantly. Pressing on a button to go to your inbox and then pressing another button to reply doesn't sound instantly to me. Anyway, yes, there is a button you can press to go to your inbox and to the correct message.
Thanks for clarifying. If I have time, I might try modifying it so that it is possible to reply in the notification directly.
Activity: 252
Go figure! | I'm nearing 1337 posts...
Sorry; I worded that incorrectly. I was saying "yes" in the manner of agreeing of what you said, which was that you couldn't reply instantly.
Activity: 584
Is there a way to get this working on more than one account at once ? I'm not a fan of random addons to begin with, but it could
be quite useful. btw thanks for source code checkout mitchell, i was sure this is another cat in the bag before you posted.
copper member
Verified awesomeness ✔
Pages:
Jump to: