Pages:
Author

Topic: free electricity what would you do? - page 2. (Read 374 times)

Activity: 266
Merit: 2
March 29, 2018, 11:43:31 AM
A MAN CAN DREAM!!!!
Go dreaming alone. And don't forget to buy all GPUs and ASIC in your dream. Dreaming is free, sound like this post title, isn't it?  Lips sealed

Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry
Activity: 386
Merit: 251
March 29, 2018, 11:37:44 AM
GPU prices are still too high.  Even people who arent mining enough ETH to pay for the electric are trying to ask insane prices for their used rigs.  If you could buy a 6x 1070 rig for $1500 that would be a good start, but good luck finding someone at those prices
legendary
Activity: 4158
Merit: 8049
'The right to privacy matters'
March 29, 2018, 11:33:20 AM
imagine  you have free electricity  and you have 5k

in this prices and market situation

what is your plan than ?

buy new gpu or not?

I would buy 7 bitmain coupons  and then buy 7 antminer L3+

and then solo mine here

http://ltc.tbdice.org/users.htm

I should hit a few blocks 3.5gh   vs 188000 total = 1 block  every 54000 blocks  but 2016 blocks every 3 ½ days

so 54000/2016 = 27  so a block  should come buy in  27 x 3.5 = 94.5 days

about 4 blocks in a year  a little good luck   you hit 5 or 6 .

no power cost means you are stuck just the  5k
Activity: 210
Merit: 174
BookiePro.Fun - The World's Betting Exchange
March 29, 2018, 11:25:26 AM
A MAN CAN DREAM!!!!
Go dreaming alone. And don't forget to buy all GPUs and ASIC in your dream. Dreaming is free, sound like this post title, isn't it?  Lips sealed
March 29, 2018, 11:13:39 AM
So, what is the purpose of this post? Just for fun? This kind of post didn't give positive influence and contribute nothing to the forum. Better to discuss something useful.
Rather read a post like this over the hundreds of threads about people complaining over daily profits and screaming mining is dead  Wink

+1 on going balls deep with buying GPUs...but don't overpay! Wait for prices to go down or buy off some panic selling rookie. Next gen is also around the corner but tbh it's never as big of a jump in mining capability as people make it out to be.

Nothing better with that kind of post. We need to face the fact.
Suggestion on this thread means nothing, it just "imagine" when I have this, and do this. Then what we expect with this kind of discussion?  Huh

A MAN CAN DREAM!!!!
March 29, 2018, 11:08:59 AM
So, what is the purpose of this post? Just for fun? This kind of post didn't give positive influence and contribute nothing to the forum. Better to discuss something useful.
Rather read a post like this over the hundreds of threads about people complaining over daily profits and screaming mining is dead  Wink

+1 on going balls deep with buying GPUs...but don't overpay! Wait for prices to go down or buy off some panic selling rookie. Next gen is also around the corner but tbh it's never as big of a jump in mining capability as people make it out to be.

Nothing better with that kind of post. We need to face the fact.
Suggestion on this thread means nothing, it just "imagine" when I have this, and do this. Then what we expect with this kind of discussion?  Huh
Activity: 406
Merit: 255
March 29, 2018, 11:07:41 AM
Now the profitability of mining GPU has decreased to such a level that even the availability of free electricity does not guarantee you income. I recommend you take a wait-and-see attitude now. If mining the GPU will remain relevant the price of the GPU drops because it decreases profit. If prices do not fall, they will not grow either. The situation is too uncertain to make any decisions now.
March 29, 2018, 10:51:18 AM
if i had free electricity i'd buy all the gpus and all the asics
Activity: 82
Merit: 0
March 29, 2018, 10:32:54 AM

March 29, 2018, 10:24:18 AM
Activity: 672
Merit: 154
Blockchain Evangelist.
March 29, 2018, 08:28:20 AM
Many people are selling their rigs after the FUD of ETH asic miner. so if you would like to mine with 2nd hand rigs, you should collect them with reasonable prices, even 2nd hand GPUs (I think most of them just were used in 6 months not more) could last few years more. You have free electric, it means you already get profit then nothing to be regret, you will have ROI for sure but not that fast, so if you think of long term, just wait a bit more, GPU's prices are going down then collect as much as you can. I've started selling some ETH recently, I just want to be ready to buy more GPUs at my expected prices (my electric price is ~0.075-0.08$/kwh).
Activity: 1036
Merit: 606
March 29, 2018, 07:54:20 AM
GPU prices are still too high, but I would check eBay or locally to see if you can find a good deal. Lots of people started new rigs at the peak of when coin prices were going up thinking the profitability was going to remain the same. Now with the continued downturn, they will be thinking the same thing and many will want out. Especially those that got in over their head or with credit.
Activity: 364
Merit: 106
ONe Social Network.
March 29, 2018, 07:45:49 AM

what is your plan than ?

buy new gpu or not?

i would sell the electricity to miners Grin
Activity: 182
Merit: 10
March 29, 2018, 07:38:37 AM
GPU overload hahaha  imagine we have our own power plant just like the man in Kenya imagine  we created a  big salt lamp that can    creates a volt of electric  or we have a wide solar panel or  wind panel imagine we can mine a lot of btc

just imagine
Activity: 131
Merit: 13
In the fray since 2013.
March 29, 2018, 07:30:15 AM

what is your plan than ?

buy new gpu or not?

BUY as many GPU as you can. Until you run out of space.
Activity: 152
Merit: 0
March 29, 2018, 07:22:38 AM

what is your plan than ?

buy new gpu or not?

Pages:
Jump to: