Pages:
Author

Topic: Freedom of press in Ukraine - not - page 2. (Read 1972 times)

Activity: 518
Merit: 250
August 09, 2014, 06:31:37 PM
This is really bad news, we've seen for a long time that the freedom of the press is under attack. After all, Julian Assange is still stuck in an embassy.
I think this clearly indicates there's some guys in the west making big money from this war.
You haven't shown any logic to justify your conclusions.

I could counter your claim by saying "since some guys in Russia are losing a lot of money, obviously they must be desperate to stop those losses, using any means they can".
Sure, the Russian government can make financial benefit from this too. But, the average Greek or Irishman middle class really has no benefit from this war.
legendary
Activity: 1680
Merit: 1014
Activity: 518
Merit: 250
August 02, 2014, 06:32:56 AM
This is really bad news, we've seen for a long time that the freedom of the press is under attack. After all, Julian Assange is still stuck in an embassy.
I think this clearly indicates there's some guys in the west making big money from this war.
legendary
Activity: 1680
Merit: 1014
August 02, 2014, 04:41:55 AM
RT’s video agency producer kicked out of Ukraine
http://rt.com/news/177440-ruptly-producer-kicked-out-ukraine/

A producer for RT’s RUPTLY video agency has been ordered to leave Ukraine after local authorizes learned that she holds both American and Russian citizenships. The journalist says she has been forced out of the country because of her “Russian passport”.

Traffic on the major regional road has been halted for the past few days as local activists have been protesting against the mobilization of the Ukrainian army. They blocked the highway with benches, flowerbeds and vehicles, not letting any transport, except ambulances and emergency services, pass through.

RUPTLY’s producer has been at the scene with her equipment – camera and tripod which had labels of RT Ruptly.

According to RT’s official statement, one of the Ukrainian journalists, who was also working at the scene, noticed labels of RT RUPTLY and started questioning her and filming with his video camera. This attracted attention of other reporters, who called the police. Security forces arrived along with Ukraine’s Security Service (SBU) representatives.

The Ukrainian journalists are currently more busy with spreading hate and acting as local snitches.
While SBU rounds up anyone who does not follow the rosy official line.

Note that she was filming in West-Ukraine.

Alina has been given until August 4 to leave the country. As she has told RT shortly after the incident, she hoped to catch a plane on Saturday morning and come home.

Eprimian explained she was covering a small protest in Western Ukraine, when another journalist noticed a little RUPTLY sticker on her camera and started shouting “you are Russia Today!” The crowd of around 7 journalists surrounded her and began asking questions.

Then, some 15 minutes later, “3 policemen came and three officials from the national security service of Ukraine.” Eprimian claims that after examining her documents, “they did not believe that [a copy of] my American passport was real.” The Ukrainian officials followed Eprimian to the hotel to examine the original document.

“I did not want to be questioned like that. I did not understand the reason for my questioning,” Eprimian says pointing out that overall the Ukrainian authorities acted “pretty civil.”

“At one point they did tell me that if I was not going to sit down, they were going to handcuff me to the chair,” when she tried to resist questioning, she added.
Pages:
Jump to: