Pages:
Author

Topic: From holder to spender.... - page 3. (Read 4751 times)

legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001
February 13, 2015, 06:52:34 PM
I installed Mycelium and it looks fine but then I found the Blockchain Android app:
Don't do it. Blockchain.info's web wallet works quite well, but their Android app is a complete distaster. Mycelium is much, MUCH better.
Activity: 254
Merit: 1258
February 13, 2015, 06:52:25 PM
Mixer to a mobile address and possibly create a new address every time if your super paranoid, any regular vendor or merchant won't be snooping through their customers addresses though.
legendary
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1183
February 13, 2015, 06:39:21 PM
Use a different address each time so you dont store btc in the same address.
legendary
Activity: 1372
Merit: 1000
February 13, 2015, 06:00:36 PM
I installed Mycelium and it looks fine but then I found the Blockchain Android app:

https://blockchain.info/wallet/android-app

So if I want to use Blockchain's Shared Coin to pay someone without linking the payment to my main wallet (and I don't want to import my main wallet's private key into a Blockchain account), I should send funds from my main wallet to my Blockchain account and then use Shared Coin to send those funds from my Blockchain account to the final recipient?

Or I could set up a Blockchain account on blockchain.info, send BTC from my main wallet to there, and then use Shared Coin to send BTC from Blockchain to another account (Blockchain, Mycelium, etc) and use that to pay people so I don't have to use Shared Coin every time I want to pay someone.  That might be better because I can't find Shared Coin in the Blockchain Android app.
Activity: 182
Merit: 100
February 13, 2015, 05:52:28 PM

I also don't want everyone I spend BTC with to know my main account's balance.  What is the best way to prevent that from happening?

Just use a mixer, but do make sure the final amount reaching is the right value.
legendary
February 13, 2015, 05:50:33 PM

https://blockchain.info/wallet/android-app

So if I want to use Blockchain's Shared Coin to pay someone without linking the payment to my main wallet (and I don't want to import my main wallet's private key into a Blockchain account), I should send funds from my main wallet to my Blockchain account and then use Shared Coin to send those funds from my Blockchain account to the final recipient?
Activity: 357
Merit: 130
February 13, 2015, 05:09:55 PM
I recommend using mycelium. It's really easy to setup on your phone and works like a dream. I use mulitbit on my PC and every so often I send the required funds through to my mycelium account.
Once you have done it once it's a doddle every time.
legendary
Activity: 1662
Merit: 1050
February 13, 2015, 05:06:34 PM
I've been a BTC holder for about a year and a half but I'm such a miser that I've never spent any of it.  An online shop I want to place an order with accepts BTC so I'm ready to take the plunge.  I'm thinking an Android wallet with a small balance makes sense.  Any recommendations for that software?

I also don't want everyone I spend BTC with to know my main account's balance.  What is the best way to prevent that from happening?

Here you go => https://www.darkwallet.is
Activity: 308
Merit: 250
February 13, 2015, 04:56:43 PM
If i didn't want the people i was buying from to know my main balance then i would send the coin to my address on an exchange then make payment from there.

The andriod question i do not know but would like to know so if you find something could you post here with an update please, thank you.
legendary
Activity: 1736
Merit: 1023
February 13, 2015, 04:49:03 PM
Not sure as far as Android software, but as for the second question, use a mixer service or something like BlockChain's sharedcoin service.
legendary
February 13, 2015, 04:45:11 PM
I've been a BTC holder for about a year and a half but I'm such a miser that I've never spent any of it.  An online shop I want to place an order with accepts BTC so I'm ready to take the plunge.  I'm thinking an Android wallet with a small balance makes sense.  Any recommendations for that software?

Pages:
Jump to: