Pages:
Author

Topic: [FS] ◄ Tokina 12-24 f4 DX Canon-mount DSLR lens ► BTC & LTC accepted - page 2. (Read 3627 times)

legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1006
legendary
i honestly wouldnt pay over 50% for a used lens... but thats just me.

How many shots has it taken? What kind of weathering/terrain has it seen, how was it handled etc...

im stickin with 45 btc tbh.

Its in like new condition except for the one quirk I noted in the OP. It belonged to a relative of mine, he's an older gentleman, casual amateur shooter. I seriously doubt he took 1000 shots with it, certainly not in bad weather/terrain.

For a cheap used lens, I'd take a 50% cut. But this is not a cheap lens, its built very very well, and performs & handles as one would expect from a $600 lens.

Gonna pass this off to a friend of mine with a Canon DSLR to take some sample shots. I will also update the shots of the lens itself, as they're not good enough.
Activity: 357
Merit: 250
i honestly wouldnt pay over 50% for a used lens... but thats just me.

How many shots has it taken? What kind of weathering/terrain has it seen, how was it handled etc...

im stickin with 45 btc tbh.

Activity: 357
legendary
legendary
Showcasing a lens IQ with HDR images?  Huh

Wasn't my intention (it didn't register that there was HDR effect), the point is to show the wide field of view. I also helpfully provided a link to a review of the lens, complete with 'brick wall' shots. Check it out.

Upon further inspection I would say only the first image has HDR correction.

HDR function is starting to appear in camera firmwares, so its really a moot point to call me out on posting an HDR image. And how can you really fault me a simple oversight when Nikon's advertising claims that 'the camera matters'?  Cheesy
Activity: 896
Merit: 1000
Seal Cub Clubbing Club
Showcasing a lens IQ with HDR images?  Huh
legendary
legendary
Do i hear 80 90?  Grin

I'd settle for 65.
legendary
What makes this lens so expensive?  

Anyways, I offer 15 BTC.

Thanks for offer. I'll wait for a better one.  Smiley

Wide angle lenses are difficult to design and build, compared to regular and telephoto lenses. They contain a lot more high quality glass and need a big and beefy frame.

Especially this lens, which reaches 12mm on DX (cropped sensor, smaller than full-frame). With traditional full frame 35mm sensor, 12mm gives a much wider field of view, this is why we need wider angle lenses on DX cameras.

This picture gives you an idea of the field of view of a 12mm lens on DX sensor:

Activity: 349
BTCPak.com - Exchange your Bitcoins for MP!
What makes this lens so expensive? 

Anyways, I offer 15 BTC.
legendary
legendary
EDIT 02/09/2013 - UPDATED PHOTOS

Retails for $650-700 USD from various NYC camera shops.

◄  Taking offers  ►

Review here: http://www.bobatkins.com/photography/reviews/tokina_12-24_f4_review.html

Condition:
Very lightly used - there are no obvious blemishes on the lens body, (none on the glass) and was not used professionally.
Comes with caps and hood. I would rate this as near perfect condition with one caveat: it has a tight spot on the focal length ring. When rotated, the focal range sticks slightly in the middle.

Warranty
Don't know about manufacturer's warranty. I do offer DOA warranty with full refund (minus return shipping). I have no reason to believe it is not fully functional. I have a friend with a Canon DSLR, if anyone asks, I will test it out. Beyond that you are on your own.

My Rep:
Forum member since May 2011.
OTC rating: + 30
Heatware

Tech Specs:
Mount availability:    Canon APS-C Digital Only
Recommended Sensor size:    APS-C Sized (23.7 X15.6mm)
CCD or CMOS sensor
(w/1.5-1.6x magnification factor)
Zoom Range:    12-24mm
35mm full frame equivalent Zoom Range:    19.2-38.4mm [Canon EOS]
Maximum Aperture:    F/4
Minimum Aperture:    F/22
Optical Construction:    13 Elements / 11Groups
Coatings:    Multi-layer Coatings
Zooming System:    Rotary-type
Minimum Focus Distance:    11.8 in. (30cm)
Macro Ratio:    1:8
Number of Diaphragm Blades:    9
Filter Size:    77mm
Dimensions:    3.3 in. (84mm) X 3.5 in. (89.5mm)
Weight:    20.1 oz. (570g)
Included Accessories    BH-777 Dedicated Lens Hood
Optional Accessories:    Fitted Case
Suggested List Price:    $899.00

Sample images: (shot with same model lens)

Pages:
Jump to: