Pages:
Author

Topic: [FS]*UPDATED 2/22* $200 or less Gridseed G-black 25MH ASICs,PSU & rasberry pi - page 2. (Read 9530 times)

Activity: 650
Merit: 500
Pick and place? I need more coffee.
Did you buy the rest of them?
Activity: 144
Merit: 100
deal reached with quakefiend420, will update the thread once received.

quakefiend420 confirmed payment and will ship tomorrow.  so far nice and smooth.
Activity: 144
Merit: 100
Four sold, four left.

JUST DROPPED THE PRICE AGAIN, SOMEONE TAKE THESE OFF MY HANDS!! Smiley

Each of these is a 4U case with 5 blades, a raspberry pi, and an 850w Gold Seasonic PSU all in one unit.  10 LEDs on the front for an easy look at the status of each unit(5 blades with 2 boards per blade).  It runs at 25MH and consumes around 420w on 240V power and around 450-460w on 120V at an ambient of 70F(measured with my killawat@120V and my metered PDU@240V).  The cooler you keep these, the less power they seem to consume in my experience.  I have some in my garage that are in the 55-60F range and they pull more like 410w on 240V.  These are more efficient than the Gridseed blades(5.2MH@120w), pods(.36MH@9w) or the Zeusminers(30MH@1000w for first gen or 38MH@1000w for 2nd gen), or anything from GAW, too.  The only more efficient gear that you can get your hands on are Innosilicon or KNC Titan, and the Titan has proven to be extremely unreliable and KNC's support frankly sucks.  Also you're going to pay a lot more for those...

These are complete self contained units, plug into power and ethernet, enter pool info, and start mining immediately.  I have 4 available and would prefer to ship to the USA, as they're rather heavy at 37lbs each.

Looking for $200/ea in BTC/LTC each plus actual shipping cost(you can also send me your label if you have a hookup on cheap shipping, 37lbs, 22X22X10 ea).  Justification is Scrypt HW has been selling for $10/MH or so and these also include an excellent PSU(which is selling on eBay for $60-80 by itself) as well as the raspberry pi/internal USB hub and are the best of the bunch so far as efficiency goes.  Or make me an offer, if you're buying more than one I'm a lot more willing to negotiate.

Note, these are used, have been shipped more than once, and will show as such.  Scratches, dents, dust, etc.  Guaranteed fully functional, however, which is what we all really care about, right?  These will pull from my mining farm and will ship immediately.  Any questions, just ask!

deal reached with quakefiend420, will update the thread once received.
legendary
Activity: 784
Merit: 1000
Can you quote shipping to 78259 for me, please?

You're close by, so shipping is cheap for you, $25 per unit. Smiley
Activity: 377
Merit: 250
https://keybase.io/magicmann
Can you quote shipping to 78259 for me, please?
legendary
220 shipped?

Shipping is high on these due to the weight(37lbs), I really can't go that low.  Shoot me a PM with your location and we can try to work something out, though!  If you wanted to forgo the case(heavy steel) and just get the blades, PSU, cabling, and pi it would be cheaper to ship.  Not sure how much though, as I've never weighed one without it.
legendary
Activity: 2282
Merit: 1072
https://crowetic.com | https://qortal.org
legendary
if i want blade and control with out case and power supply ?

It will definitely reduce shipping costs, the case and PSU are pretty heavy.  PM me with an offer.
legendary
Activity: 1015
if i want blade and control with out case and power supply ?
legendary
Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069
do you sell the balde separately?

I'd really prefer to sell as whole units.  You're looking to buy a single or a few blades by themselves?

looking to buy a few blades, but i need that every blade has its own usb

They do. Each blade has two hashing units, and each hashing unit has a mini USB cable.  You do understand how the power connections work on these, right?  It's not a barrel or PCIe connector.

yeah i have two of those, i know how they work, so inside that thing there are just 5 g-blade?

Ok, just wanted to make sure you're aware.  Yes, there are 5 blades to a case.  Each blade has two hashing boards on it, with 40 chips per hashing board.  How many did you want?  So you just want the blades themselves and not the case/PSU, right?  How much were you looking to pay per blade?

i'm looking for 6 blades at the moment, just the blade inside the case nothing else

1 btc for the 6 units, but from where are you shipping?
legendary

I'd really prefer to sell as whole units.  You're looking to buy a single or a few blades by themselves?

They do. Each blade has two hashing units, and each hashing unit has a mini USB cable.  You do understand how the power connections work on these, right?  It's not a barrel or PCIe connector.

yeah i have two of those, i know how they work, so inside that thing there are just 5 g-blade?
legendary

I'd really prefer to sell as whole units.  You're looking to buy a single or a few blades by themselves?

legendary
legendary
Bump, 4 sold and 4 left.  Don't be afraid to make an offer, worst I can say is no!
legendary
Wish I had the funds to take these off your hands. I love the 2 I have already.

Yeah, they're great little units.
Activity: 527
Merit: 500
HiveNet - Distributed Cloud Computing
Wish I had the funds to take these off your hands. I love the 2 I have already.
legendary
I managed to get it working.

I used an image from highoncoins.com and put it on another 16 gig sd card. I'm able to hash into it and change things now so thats good.

I also tried minera and could see that the miner was working but couldnt get into the web page even with that software. I tried another pi and was able to get into the minera webpage so I guess something is odd with the pi that came with the device. No worries though, I'm up and running and can ssh into it to see whats its doing so thats all I need.

I also changed those front fans to +7VDC rather than +12VDC. They were way too loud at +12... I added 2 120mm fans on the back of the blades to help pull air through. So far they are running at right around 42C still.

Glad you got it working.  That's really strange that the pi worked fine with SSH and only had trouble with web pages, even with a new image and that another one works just fine.

Yeah, I have a few in the house for heat, I disconnect the front fans entirely and put 120mm fans in the back, as long as the house isn't too hot it stays cool enough and is noticeably quieter.
Activity: 440
I managed to get it working.

I used an image from highoncoins.com and put it on another 16 gig sd card. I'm able to hash into it and change things now so thats good.

I also tried minera and could see that the miner was working but couldnt get into the web page even with that software. I tried another pi and was able to get into the minera webpage so I guess something is odd with the pi that came with the device. No worries though, I'm up and running and can ssh into it to see whats its doing so thats all I need.

I also changed those front fans to +7VDC rather than +12VDC. They were way too loud at +12... I added 2 120mm fans on the back of the blades to help pull air through. So far they are running at right around 42C still.
legendary
NoScript is a browser plugin that prevents webpages from running scripts by default, for security reasons.  If you don't know what it is you probably don't have it.

I could walk you through manually editing the pool info through SSH, but it's not really very user friendly...

It's odd that you can't get the web interface to work, are you sure that you're going to the right IP?  Where did you get that IP from?  What hands out DHCP addresses on your network?

On a Windows machine, do this:

Start--->Run--->cmd

ping -a 192.168.0.24

See what it comes back with as a hostname.  If it's not "miner", it's likely not the g-black, but something else.

You can also do arp -a.  Look for 192.168.0.24 in the list, if the MAC doesn't start with B8-27-EB it's not a raspberry pi, and therefore definitely not the g-black.

A computer tech friend of mine gave me a program that pings the entire network and lists everything thats connected to it. That program is finding the pi at that address and as far as I know its the only pi I have on my network. Is it as simple as typing the web address into a browser address bar to get into the thing or am I missing some text? For example, should "192.168.0.24" get me in or is the login similar to FTP over the internet where you have to type something like "[email protected]?"

I have a DSL router handing out the ip address.

Thanks for the help. If I cant figure it out I'll PM you my phone number.

It really should be just that simple.  Type the IP into a browser window and that's it, no login needed.  I do see it popping up on my Clevermining account, so it's definitely mining.  If we need to do a teamviewer session or something I can poke at it and figure out what's going wrong, guessing there's something weird going on with your network as I can't see how just the httpd software on the pi would have been damaged in transit but cgminer and everything else are just fine.

If you SSH into it and run the top command do you see httpd and cgminer?
Activity: 440
OK, so I've verified that x.x.x.24 is the miner and is the only RasPi on my network. I can ping it from my Win7, Win8 and Mac computers but cant gain http access from any of them. The Mac will SSH into it, I dont have putty installed on any of the Win machines. I can tell for sure that the miner is mining as its drawing close to 430 watts from the wall.

Thanks for the help.
Pages:
Jump to: