Pages:
Author

Topic: Fuck you ledger - page 5. (Read 1022 times)

Activity: 2296
Merit: 755
Bitcoin = Financial freedom
October 11, 2023, 05:34:11 AM
Did they admit that? If so, how can this be seen as a secured wallet? If I am not wrong, Ledger claims, "Here at Ledger we strongly believe in open source. It's one of our core values, a great philosophy that advocates openness, and verifiability. Open source allows developers and security experts to review the code and ensure it is secure and not malicious. Open source means you don't need to trust" [1]

If they are open source, can't developers verify that the Ledger has a chance to steal users' private keys? Did nobody try it? Now, I am curious about it. Do you remember the recent hack of Atomic Wallet, where thousands of users reported that their wallet was hacked and they did not use any phishing? If users did not use phishing, how was their wallet hacked? These wallets are not non-custodial anymore.

It's proven that Ledger Live has the ability to extract the recovery seeds from the Hardware wallet also they admitted that they share the details with the third party which isn't right when you expect complete security for your crypto assets.

Discussion : Ledger Recovery Service.

Also, they lied about their status being open source : Ledger Open Source Fakery?!

So whoever wants to keep their crypto now should boycott Ledger as well as Trezor.
Activity: 462
Merit: 767
#SWGT CERTIK Audited
October 11, 2023, 04:56:39 AM
Many have a bad impression of Ledger since the last changes. But it's not mandatory anyway.
If you're referring to the firmware update that allowed the Recover "option" to work, it doesn't matter if you sign up for it or not; Ledger admitted they can pinch your private keys out of the secure element at any time, which they had previously said wasn't possible (and someone please correct me if I've got any of that wrong, but what I wrote is my understanding of what Ledger did and how it works).

Did they admit that? If so, how can this be seen as a secured wallet? If I am not wrong, Ledger claims, "Here at Ledger we strongly believe in open source. It's one of our core values, a great philosophy that advocates openness, and verifiability. Open source allows developers and security experts to review the code and ensure it is secure and not malicious. Open source means you don't need to trust" [1]

If they are open source, can't developers verify that the Ledger has a chance to steal users' private keys? Did nobody try it? Now, I am curious about it. Do you remember the recent hack of Atomic Wallet, where thousands of users reported that their wallet was hacked and they did not use any phishing? If users did not use phishing, how was their wallet hacked? These wallets are not non-custodial anymore.
Activity: 2296
Merit: 755
Bitcoin = Financial freedom
October 11, 2023, 04:33:43 AM
Yes it's electrum , l learned lot of stuff here and about cold wallet , really very cool

I hope you know how to make a cold wallet aka air-gapped wallet using electrum on a completely offline device so that you never ever have to come online from the device where seeds are stored which makes it invulnerable to potential attacks.

I wrote how to do it, so take a look at it and see if you did everything right

Download the latest version of Electrum from https://electrum.org/#download and then verify the signatures before installing it.

[GUIDE] How to Safely Download and Verify Electrum

Then copy the downloaded file to your air-gapped device and install it, then restore your wallet with your seeds "Standard Wallet -> I already have a seed".

Then go to  "Wallet -> Info" and get your "Master Public Key"

After this go to your device which is connected to the internet create the "watch-only" wallet (Standard Wallet -> "Use a Master Key)

By this method device will be never connected to the internet so you no need to worry about your seeds being exposed to malware or anything.

legendary
Activity: 3234
Merit: 6706
Proudly Cycling Merits for Foxpup
October 11, 2023, 04:19:11 AM
Many have a bad impression of Ledger since the last changes. But it's not mandatory anyway.
If you're referring to the firmware update that allowed the Recover "option" to work, it doesn't matter if you sign up for it or not; Ledger admitted they can pinch your private keys out of the secure element at any time, which they had previously said wasn't possible (and someone please correct me if I've got any of that wrong, but what I wrote is my understanding of what Ledger did and how it works).

OP, good for you for dumping Ledger.  I am curious as to what you did exactly with Electrum, because I don't understand based on what you wrote.  I've been wondering myself why hardware wallets are necessary, and the impression I get is that simply using Electrum leaves you vulnerable to getting hacked, which wouldn't be possible when using a HW wallet (or at least much harder if you're paying attention when doing transactions).  If you could elaborate, I'd appreciate it.  If not, I still like to hear "fuck Ledger" as many times as I can.  I'm rooting for them to swirl down the toilet and go bust, because they're just plain dishonest.
Activity: 24
Merit: 24
October 11, 2023, 03:59:59 AM
Yes it's electrum , l learned lot of stuff here and about cold wallet , really very cool

I really concerned from the last changes oof ledger and their narratives about they can get your private key  , in addition to they always update software because of their shitcoins ,I finally  moved my fund from ledger wallet to software  cold wallet and learned how to deal with cold wallet and transfer  transactions  partial signing  online and then signing offline and broadcast it 😏 , and   learned some coin control and going to learn some privacy coinjoin , it work so  great , why they don't tell us about cold wallet from begining instead of wasting our money on a fucking signing device ,really I enjoyed the experiment and fuck you ledger ,🖕,, and I want to thank you Gus because you helped me so match

Nice to know that you have learned many things about cold wallet. But I am unsure if you are talking about Electrum or not. Or how Electrum is related in your post. Because you have created this thread in the Electrum wallet section. Many have a bad impression of Ledger since the last changes. But it's not mandatory anyway. Still, it questions the legitimacy of their honesty and how concerned they are about users' security. I don't know if they think it's a smart move from them or a dumb move from them. I don't know many things about wallets yet. But since I learned about Electrum, I have been using it and I am satisfied with it. I had a plan to buy a hardware wallet but unfortunately, I am unable to buy from my location and they do not deliver to my country as well.
Activity: 462
Merit: 767
#SWGT CERTIK Audited
October 11, 2023, 03:10:05 AM
I really concerned from the last changes oof ledger and their narratives about they can get your private key  , in addition to they always update software because of their shitcoins ,I finally  moved my fund from ledger wallet to software  cold wallet and learned how to deal with cold wallet and transfer  transactions  partial signing  online and then signing offline and broadcast it 😏 , and   learned some coin control and going to learn some privacy coinjoin , it work so  great , why they don't tell us about cold wallet from begining instead of wasting our money on a fucking signing device ,really I enjoyed the experiment and fuck you ledger ,🖕,, and I want to thank you Gus because you helped me so match

Nice to know that you have learned many things about cold wallet. But I am unsure if you are talking about Electrum or not. Or how Electrum is related in your post. Because you have created this thread in the Electrum wallet section. Many have a bad impression of Ledger since the last changes. But it's not mandatory anyway. Still, it questions the legitimacy of their honesty and how concerned they are about users' security. I don't know if they think it's a smart move from them or a dumb move from them. I don't know many things about wallets yet. But since I learned about Electrum, I have been using it and I am satisfied with it. I had a plan to buy a hardware wallet but unfortunately, I am unable to buy from my location and they do not deliver to my country as well.
Activity: 24
Merit: 24
October 10, 2023, 08:03:18 PM
Pages:
Jump to: