Pages:
Author

Topic: [FUD] China prohibits banks providing settlement services to Bitcoin Exchange - page 2. (Read 18499 times)

Activity: 132
Merit: 14
Co-Founder of TheStandard.io & Vaultoro.com
Dam it! We need to employ Chinese translators this whole episode is so confusing.

we have 3 issues

1: OK coin in some kind of meeting with regulators

2: BTCCHINA now charging .3% is it because there is going to be a run and they finally want to make a profit?

3: BTCCHINA withdrawl issues but this seems to be a browser bug in IE and firefox. google chrome working?

Whats going on?

legendary
Activity: 1890
Merit: 1078
Ian Knowles - CIYAM Lead Developer
I think that the [FUD] prefix added to the topic is a good call for now.
Activity: 78
Merit: 10

Either way it is interesting watching the market, not to mention worrying about my minuscule investment.
Activity: 658
Merit: 500
Small Red and Bad
legendary
Activity: 1344
Merit: 1000
Just sounds like the same announcement from before - and as I checked RMB withdrawals (at least) are still working fine from btcchina (and apparently from okcoin also).

So how do RMB withdrawals work? What effect do China's capital controls have on westerners trying to arbitrage between btcchina and Bitstamp?

as long as you had enough liquidity it wouldn't do anything, the only problem is if they shut down the exchange and confiscated everything

China has specifically said it ok to trade on the exchange, just not buy sell food

technically that means they should also enforce large speedy capital exchanges to allow you to quickly sell your coin to make large cash purchases

once again if you can't confuse them with brilliance baffle them with ....

legendary
So how do RMB withdrawals work? What effect do China's capital controls have on westerners trying to arbitrage between btcchina and Bitstamp?

I am not sure about the rules in terms of westerners (I am not personally trading on btcchina but am in close touch with Chinese people that are).

Arbitraging is never as easy as it appears in any case as there are always problems of delays (for a start the 6 confirmations to transfer BTC and then normally daily fiat withdrawal limits).
Activity: 714
Martijn Meijering
Just sounds like the same announcement from before - and as I checked RMB withdrawals (at least) are still working fine from btcchina (and apparently from okcoin also).

legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1001
the head of Chinas people bank Mr. Zhou invited to a meeting where to discus the risks of bitcoin especially regarding money laundering and consumer protection. the central bank also prohibits any bank or financial institution to offer services regarding bitcoin.
i got it translated from a friend from China

I think the one key point they're hinging on is whether the People's Bank of China is going to try to cut off money from moving into and out of the chinese exchanges. 

Part of me fears the worst, but if they do then I suppose good riddance for now.  If it turns out to be no big deal after all, then sheesh people here have some trigger happy sell fingers.

Or people with inside information are selling early.
legendary

I think we have seen some FUD and opportunism but will not know if any change has actually happened until we get a more "official" statement.
Activity: 367
Merit: 250
Find me at Bitrated
the head of Chinas people bank Mr. Zhou invited to a meeting where to discus the risks of bitcoin especially regarding money laundering and consumer protection. the central bank also prohibits any bank or financial institution to offer services regarding bitcoin.

I think the one key point they're hinging on is whether the People's Bank of China is going to try to cut off money from moving into and out of the chinese exchanges. 

Part of me fears the worst, but if they do then I suppose good riddance for now.  If it turns out to be no big deal after all, then sheesh people here have some trigger happy sell fingers.
Activity: 588
Activity: 168
Merit: 100
If have to say the following: It is really great news, that there are finally fees on BTCChina. This will be VERY good for the market as it will calm it down immensly and attract more serious investors.
This. After the dust settles, it will be quite interesting to see the trade volumes.
Activity: 362
Merit: 250
If have to say the following: It is really great news, that there are finally fees on BTCChina. This will be VERY good for the market as it will calm it down immensly and attract more serious investors.
legendary
Is there any legit english coverage on this?
In the meantime my orders are waiting around $550ish..  Roll Eyes

yeah but its never going to get that low, never seen anything trade with so many death defying drops that seems to hits a springboard everytime
Activity: 196
Merit: 100
Is there any legit english coverage on this?
In the meantime my orders are waiting around $550ish..  Roll Eyes

donator
Activity: 2772
Merit: 1019
Weibo : http://e.weibo.com/okcoin

Terrible translation: "We still do not quote, and wait for the end of today's meeting of the third party payment."

Now let's see what the 'real' volume is like (IF they report the correct numbers)..

If it turns out to be really not possible to withdraw or deposit RMB then you can expect to see btcchina disappear pretty soon.

Or could make price inflate like Gox  Huh

Here is what started it all: http://tieba.baidu.com/p/2763806115

Can someone explain in English for those of us who don't understand Mandarin?

Google translate it

doesn't help. Shows english words, but mandarin meaning. Wink
legendary
It was also reported on major news sites so who knows. I know some banks here in Canada are shutting down accounts that are used for Bitcoin

What reasons do they give when they do that? Is it legal?

Why is it legal or not?

Its their service they can terminate bank acct as they want.

doubt it they are governed by pretty strict rules and if the government isn't out there

with loudspeakers blaring bitcoin is illegal which they would never do, then the bank is at fault and

very liable, even in the China case the statement was almost totally contradictory

"not money continue to trade as money"  Huh
Activity: 658
Small Red and Bad
Now let's see what the 'real' volume is like (IF they report the correct numbers)..

If it turns out to be really not possible to withdraw or deposit RMB then you can expect to see btcchina disappear pretty soon (hopefully the truth is just website bugs and some rather poor timing followed by some rather clever FUD).

thats the bitcoin world, haha  Cheesy

one guy posted something and alot of people get crazy but nobody knows anything. we are in the very early phase of bitcoin  Wink
Exactly, no real news but everybody's selling, especially on "bitdump".
Pages:
Jump to: