Pages:
Author

Topic: Fun fact about bitcoin that not everyone knows - page 3. (Read 577 times)

Activity: 1344
Merit: 261
Interesting facts, I really like the way you constructed your post here and the way you put your sources and made your post attractive and it made my attention, especially #1 there would probably be a lot of hackers that are trying to breach in there  Grin and I didn't know that Vancouver was the first city to have a BTC machine, I got one question though, when did this exactly happened? and when was it established?
Activity: 252
Merit: 1
Its great to read some of these especially number 11 which goes to show that even these current prices starring at us will also go
Activity: 308
Merit: 11
interesting number 1, I have had a look at that address and your right- 1FeexV6bAHb8ybZjqQMjJrcCrHGW9sb6uF does show as having almost 80k bitcoins, perhaps the owner has lost the key or has sadly passed away, but whatever it is they are sat on a s..t load of cash.
Activity: 434
Merit: 9
Been looking for some fun fact about bitcoin and thought of sharing here since some of them are new to me and maybe other can also learn something from it. I listed top 12 favourite  which I find amusing and interesting.

1. A dormant account 1FeexV6bAHb8ybZjqQMjJrcCrHGW9sb6uF that has 79,957.19633625 BTC continously received bitcoin but nothing was sent out and remain inactive since it's created in 2011.

2. Google and Richard Branson invested in 2017 in Blockchain wallet.

3. Bitcoin started to get the attention of China when an actor Jet Li received  230 bitcoin as donation for his foundation in 2013.

4. Lamborghini is the first car company to accept bitcoin as payment for a car....now we know where "When Lambo" came from.

5. Mel B of Spice Girls is said to be the first musical artist to accept bitcoin as payment for her music.

6. In P2P foundation website, an account named Satoshi Nakamoto state that his only 43 today. If you look at some of his old post back to 2009 he said about bitcoin "'Ive developed a new open source P2P e-cash system called Bitcoin".

7. Bitcoin is not totally untraceable even with the use of VPN...this is proven when Silk Road was busted . Another fun fact about Silk Road, it is said that it's still unknown how many bitcoin Ross Ulbricht have.

8. Vancouver is the first city to have bitcoin machine.

9. Many financial institution already studying and exploring how to successfully use Blockchain. This is according to the survey made simultaneously by Accenture, Infosys and Deloitte last May 2018.

10. You can go to space using bitcoin as payment. In 2013, Virgin Galactic announced that Virgin Galactic customer can choose to pay with bitcoin.

11. In Feb 2018, many people were devastated when bitcoin fall to almost 53% in just one day but did you know that this is not the biggest fall of bitcoin in history? In April 2013, bitcoin price fell down 83%, from $259 to only $45.

12. In 2013, a physical bitcoin was minted by a man named Mike Caldwell and called it Casascius bitcoins (most known images used by many)  but shut down by US government due to anti-money-laundering and financial crime regulations.

How about you? What is your favorite fun fact about bitcoin?

***Source
entrepreneur.com
p2p foundation
cnbc.com
forbes.com
americanbanker.com
coindesk.com
ccn.com
bitinfocharts.com
virgin.com
Quora
uselessdaily.com