Pages:
Author

Topic: Funakoshi equihash cuda miner is now available - page 2. (Read 2981 times)

Activity: 22
Merit: 0
i didn't see any speed improvements since 4.5 Sad still slower than ewbf
gtx 1060
Activity: 42
Merit: 2
Hi Funakoshi,

I'm testing v.4.7 now on my 16 gpu rig!

Thanks,
Alex
Activity: 99
Hi Funakoshi!

Please add support for snowgem coin (equihash 144.5 same as btg)!

Alex

You can mine snowgem with Funakoshi-Miner. Just
pass the correct pers and algo args in the command line
    --algo 144_5 --pers sngemPoW

Activity: 42
Merit: 2
Hi Funakoshi!

Please add support for snowgem coin (equihash 144.5 same as btg)!

Alex
What is the API for the miner? Trying to use ethcontrol to remote keep an eye on my miner but I get no stats. Thanks in advance.

Funakoshi-miner has no api, however it has a mininal telemetry.

Add argument  -tele-port p  to the command line and specify the port number
on which the miner listens to http-requests and return summary information in html.
The results can be displayed in a browser.

Activity: 12
What is the API for the miner? Trying to use ethcontrol to remote keep an eye on my miner but I get no stats. Thanks in advance.
Activity: 51
Merit: 3
Waiting on pers options 😎

In release v4.5 of Funakoshi-Miner the --pers parameter is supported.

I've tried Funakoshi-v4.5 and EWBF-v0.5 for Bitcoin-Gold mining on 2miners.
Here is my tweet...of course in Japanese:)
https://twitter.com/ohashi3d/status/1038554573357572097
Ubuntu 16.04 with nvidia-396.44(CUDA 9.2), for both the single GTX1070 system and the rig(composed of 8 GPUs).

* Edited *
I'm trying v4.6 now:)

* Edited #2 *
My tweet:
https://twitter.com/ohashi3d/status/1038918179949408256
Though EWBF-v0.5 keeps advantage in my environment,
I feel there is no apparent difference in actual rewards, such as in hashrate.

In release v4.5 of Funakoshi-Miner the --pers parameter is supported.
Activity: 22
Activity: 145
Merit: 1
FYI
one day of test the same rig and same OC settings give me 5.11% advantage of funakoshi VS ZM on avg hashrate reported by pool, mining votecoin (regular equihash)

on equihash 144_5 people reporting significant advantage of EWBF miner.

In release v4.1 of Funakoshi Cuda Miner, there is
a jump in the performance of equihash<144, 5>.

Now on gtx 1080 it is the fastest.

To read more and to download the miner visit my github repository

Hello, what is the speed with 1060 gtx on 144.5 ?

Ps : it would e better for you if this topic was in miner section, isn't it ? i reached it from web Smiley
Activity: 472
Merit: 250
lux8.net
FYI
one day of test the same rig and same OC settings give me 5.11% advantage of funakoshi VS ZM on avg hashrate reported by pool, mining votecoin (regular equihash)

on equihash 144_5 people reporting significant advantage of EWBF miner.
Running 12x1080 and 11x1080 rigs with your miner and noticed that ~8 GPU's load stays at 99% and the rest are 85%.
Tried to run two instances of a miner, but the full load gets only those which batch file I run first.
Is there any limitation in a code and can you look into it?
PS. was running ewfb miner before with 40-41 rock stable sols/s but the payout from a pool was same or less day to day. So I believe there is still some potential to squeeze out from this miner:)

Thanks!
Can you please tell me more about the environment:
    Operating System,
    Command-Line args that you are using to run the miner,
    Version of Funakoshi-Miner?
W10Pro [10.0.16299.492] on H110 BTC+, G4400, 8GB RAM with 60GB virtual
funakoshiMiner.exe  -144 -l Europe.equihash-hub.miningpoolhub.com:20595 -u xxx.xxxx
Miner v3.2
When you run the miner without specifying which cards to use it uses all cards (thats why the first process access all cards).
You can specify in the command-line which cards to use:
     -cd 0 1 2 ... (selects which cuda-devices meaning GPUs to use - starting from 0)
Using this technique you can select different gpu cards for each process.

Hi, that's exactly how I was running two instances with different GPUs. After a little investigation I found out that GPU 0-5 always under 99% load and 6-11 varies from 85% to 95% and never gets 99% except running single card in whole rig.
Running -cd 6 7 8 - all ~97%
Running -cd 6 7 8 9 - ranging 85%-95%
And it is not affected if 0-5 are running or not. Running more instances does not help.

Funakoshi-Miner splits the work evenly between the cards.
I have no idea what may cause this problem, sorry. Maybe
it is a hardware problem.
Activity: 4
Running 12x1080 and 11x1080 rigs with your miner and noticed that ~8 GPU's load stays at 99% and the rest are 85%.
Tried to run two instances of a miner, but the full load gets only those which batch file I run first.
PS. was running ewfb miner before with 40-41 rock stable sols/s but the payout from a pool was same or less day to day. So I believe there is still some potential to squeeze out from this miner:)

Thanks!
    Operating System,
funakoshiMiner.exe  -144 -l Europe.equihash-hub.miningpoolhub.com:20595 -u xxx.xxxx
Miner v3.2
When you run the miner without specifying which cards to use it uses all cards (thats why the first process access all cards).
     -cd 0 1 2 ... (selects which cuda-devices meaning GPUs to use - starting from 0)

Hi, that's exactly how I was running two instances with different GPUs. After a little investigation I found out that GPU 0-5 always under 99% load and 6-11 varies from 85% to 95% and never gets 99% except running single card in whole rig.
Running -cd 6 7 8 - all ~97%
Running -cd 6 7 8 9 - ranging 85%-95%
And it is not affected if 0-5 are running or not. Running more instances does not help.

Thanks!

Operating System,

funakoshiMiner.exe  -144 -l Europe.equihash-hub.miningpoolhub.com:20595 -u xxx.xxxx
Miner v3.2

Thanks!

Operating System,

Miner v3.2

Thanks!

Operating System,

Thanks!
HEllo,
the linux version not working under Ubuntu 16.04 or 18.04, getting message

root@xxxxx:/miner# ./funakoshiMiner

terminate called after throwing an instance of 'std::runtime_error'
  what():  CUDA error 'CUDA driver version is insufficient for CUDA runtime version' at line 50
Aborted (core dumped)

But cuda 9.1 is installed
root@xxxxx:/miner# dpkg -l | grep cuda
ii  libcudart9.1:amd64                    9.1.85-3ubuntu1                   amd64        NVIDIA CUDA Runtime Library
ii  nvidia-cuda-dev                       9.1.85-3ubuntu1                   amd64        NVIDIA CUDA development files
ii  nvidia-cuda-doc                       9.1.85-3ubuntu1                   all          NVIDIA CUDA and OpenCL documentation
ii  nvidia-cuda-gdb                       9.1.85-3ubuntu1                   amd64        NVIDIA CUDA Debugger (GDB)
ii  nvidia-cuda-toolkit                   9.1.85-3ubuntu1                   amd64        NVIDIA CUDA development toolkit

how to fix this ?

Regards
RG

The miner has been compiled using cuda 9.2
Plase try to upgrade to latest CUDA driver from Nvidia website.
HEllo,
the linux version not working under Ubuntu 16.04 or 18.04, getting message

root@xxxxx:/miner# ./funakoshiMiner

what():  CUDA error 'CUDA driver version is insufficient for CUDA runtime version' at line 50
Aborted (core dumped)

But cuda 9.1 is installed
root@xxxxx:/miner# dpkg -l | grep cuda
ii  libcudart9.1:amd64                    9.1.85-3ubuntu1                   amd64        NVIDIA CUDA Runtime Library
ii  nvidia-cuda-dev                       9.1.85-3ubuntu1                   amd64        NVIDIA CUDA development files
ii  nvidia-cuda-doc                       9.1.85-3ubuntu1                   all          NVIDIA CUDA and OpenCL documentation
ii  nvidia-cuda-gdb                       9.1.85-3ubuntu1                   amd64        NVIDIA CUDA Debugger (GDB)
ii  nvidia-cuda-toolkit                   9.1.85-3ubuntu1                   amd64        NVIDIA CUDA development toolkit

how to fix this ?

Regards
RG
Activity: 1
I'm using HiveOS (linux) and I'm getting this error when running it.  How do I associate the right CUDA library to it?

Code:
  what():  CUDA error 'CUDA driver version is insufficient for CUDA runtime version' at line 50      

Pages:
Jump to: