Pages:
Author

Topic: Future vs Spot Trading - page 4. (Read 430 times)

copper member
Activity: 2114
Merit: 1813
฿itcoin for all, All for ฿itcoin.
August 24, 2021, 06:28:19 PM
Futures is a gamble.

That's why I've never stepped on it, I'll choose the usual gamble where I've got better chance than it. But there are traders that I've seen who really are good with it.

And for you, I'll suggest to stick with spot first.
If futures is a gamble, the spot trading is a gamble too. The only difference is one is more risky than the other

OP look at it this way
1. Spot trading - Less risky but less rewarding too
2.  Futures trading - More risky and more rewarding if win right.

The question is are you willing to lose more money or even liquidate your account in case things don't work out in your favor? Because you must always look at the risk more than the reward.
Activity: 2884
Merit: 579
August 24, 2021, 06:10:58 PM
What is better and which one would you guys prefer. I have been doing spot trading but i haven't made much money, so i was kind of making up my mind to jump in future trading but a lot of my friends are asking me not to as they think that i can loose big. So what you experienced traders prefer?
Futures is a gamble.

That's why I've never stepped on it, I'll choose the usual gamble where I've got better chance than it. But there are traders that I've seen who really are good with it.

And for you, I'll suggest to stick with spot first.
Activity: 1694
Merit: 516
August 24, 2021, 03:48:16 PM
What is better and which one would you guys prefer. I have been doing spot trading but i haven't made much money, so i was kind of making up my mind to jump in future trading but a lot of my friends are asking me not to as they think that i can loose big. So what you experienced traders prefer?

I tried future trading only a few times back in university and had mixed results with it. The biggest issue I had with future vs spot trading is that you can trade with much more debt and have a higher exposure than with owning the asset itself. Personnally I wouldn't recommend to go into future trading because of the risk. Becoming a good trader in the spot market is easier in my opinion. Once we make a good profit consistently we could consider switching the market.
copper member
Activity: 2856
Merit: 3071
https://bit.ly/387FXHi lightning theory
August 24, 2021, 02:33:19 PM
What's the reason you're not making a profit with spot? If it's fees you COULD try futures trading - just don't put a lot down. If you're making trades that you close within a few hour or a few days then futures might be good for you - just check you're actually turning a profit before investing too much into it and mål sure you can mamange risk (if you're risking more than a few % on each position/trade, you might be risking too much).
Activity: 1260
Merit: 102
August 24, 2021, 02:09:10 PM
Pages:
Jump to: