Pages:
Author

Topic: Gab wants to make a browser rewarding you in BTC - page 3. (Read 556 times)

Activity: 1120
Merit: 30
Bisq Market Day - March 20th 2023
Gab is creating its own web browser using Brave’s open-source code replacing the BAT token with Bitcoin Lightning Network integration :

https://decryptmedia.com/6719/gab-forking-brave

"The company has built its own web browser—a forked version of the open-source Brave browser—and will be releasing it within the next few weeks"

That will be a plus to the company and many will like to use the Browser too. One thing i personally love about Brave browser is, that of the unsolicited ads that will never show up while browsing the internet, like others. Many will use the Browser in as much they will get paid for doing so, hope this will be general and not restricted to a particular region or zone.
Activity: 1834
Merit: 759
Actually, I've been using Brave for the past couple of days and I don't see the ads and don't have to click on anything. I still get paid though, about 1 BAT per day.

Wait, how does that work? Don't you have to opt-in to their rewards program? That should mean they'll be showing you non-obtrusive ads.

If you're a fan of that business model though, then this would be better. BAT is essentially useless and IIRC they have plans to introduce KYC measures in the future.
Activity: 882
Merit: 595
Brave will give users a 70 percent cut of its advertising revenue, which Eich estimates could work out to about $5 a month.

At 5$ a month, and that is most likely for US citizens or at least Western world I doubt many will take the offer since right now I would probably pay myself 5$ to not see all those annoying ads every time I browse around  Grin. I've never understood people that don't use adblocking add-ons
Besides, I wonder how long is going to take before they are overrun by bots: one, two days?

Actually, I've been using Brave for the past couple of days and I don't see the ads and don't have to click on anything. I still get paid though, about 1 BAT per day.

So you are using brave browser and getting 1 BAT per day?
While a few days ago i just install brave browser and i found the BAT wallet but the ads section just written coming soon

If GAB make a new web browser like brave i would definetly try it
Activity: 658
Merit: 851
Brave will give users a 70 percent cut of its advertising revenue, which Eich estimates could work out to about $5 a month.

At 5$ a month, and that is most likely for US citizens or at least Western world I doubt many will take the offer since right now I would probably pay myself 5$ to not see all those annoying ads every time I browse around  Grin. I've never understood people that don't use adblocking add-ons
Besides, I wonder how long is going to take before they are overrun by bots: one, two days?

legendary
Activity: 2828
Merit: 6108
Blackjack.fun

Activity: 658
Merit: 851
Gab is creating its own web browser using Brave’s open-source code replacing the BAT token with Bitcoin Lightning Network integration :

https://decryptmedia.com/6719/gab-forking-brave

"The company has built its own web browser—a forked version of the open-source Brave browser—and will be releasing it within the next few weeks"
Pages:
Jump to: