Pages:
Author

Topic: Gaining access to my alt coins I mined once - page 2. (Read 298 times)

Activity: 378
Merit: 135
September 18, 2021, 11:22:03 PM
Most of the wallets can be recovered if you have the private keys or the seed for them? I just went through this with BTCP, BTCZ, ZEN, and a few others. You need to save all your wallet.dat files if you have them somewhere safe. Then download the latest wallets for each of those projects.  Once you have done that you may need to add nodes/peers in the console tab to ensure it can sync or download the latest bootstrap from the coins Github pages.  Once that is complete you can replace the wallet.dat in the new coins folder with the one from your old wallet.  That should allow you to see your coins in the new wallet. Then depending on where you live you just need to find an exchange that you can use to trade them. Check Coinmarketcap or Coingecko.  Should work for almost any coin.
Activity: 1397
Merit: 221
September 18, 2021, 04:05:02 PM
Check on any trusted exchange that supports the coin for its current price. If you can't find one the coin
probably has zero value.
You'll need to install the latest version of the wallet for each coin of interest.
You need the wallet key to open the wallet, and maybe a passphrase to make a transaction.
Your addresses are all listed in the wallet.
Activity: 206
Merit: 20
September 18, 2021, 03:43:46 PM
Hi,
In mid 2018, had tried luck with mining with couple of GPUs, however, by end of 2018, things were not good and I gave up mining like many others (only recently to regret). Now I have lost touch of everything however, I had saved access keys / password and wallet address in backup drives and recently I managed to find out that I own couple of hundred dollars of value crypto with some dead and undead coins. Now since the Crypto scene is changed a lot,for me its like starting all over again. Back in days, used ccminer and claymore etc.  Biggest issue I am facing that how to get access back to my crytos.

Currently I think I may have mined following atleast once (as per my backup text file)
ETH
SIA
DECRED -
MONERO
BTCP

I can clearly see that ETH is still going strong but not rest seems almost dead apart Decred and Monero with fair value.

Now I have following doubts, hoping someone familiar with current trends can point me to right direction:
1. How many from above are actually not dead or still relevant (clearly apart of ETH).

2. How to check balance / access following as I don't want to get scammed by providing my credential to some wrong wallet / scam software :

a. SIA -> I don't remember but my backup only has some phrase which is I suppose is required to access SIA wallet .  Its series of words I think was generated when I first created wallet. Is it only thing required to access sia wallet as I suppose we also need wallet address ?
b. Decred --> Same for sia, someohow I forgot to include wallet address but only passphrase / random words ,
c. Monero : Have wallet address, view key. So how do I check balance if I have anything . What is right way, which wallet or process ?
d. BTCP : Have I think SEED and some random string , I suppose its wallet address ( I remember claiming zcl at time of its work when BTCP was created etc.)
e. ETH , I have wallet address and its passphrase . What is proper to claim it , which wallet to download now.

3. If I plan to mind ETH (given its increased price) , what Pool and miner should I use now ?

Clearly, I have access keys but I should have also backup up my claymore / ccminer batch / sh files also but I missed that.

I hope I not have lost it all or do I ?
Pages:
Jump to: