Pages:
Author

Topic: Gambling is like day trading ? - page 21. (Read 2839 times)

asu
legendary
Activity: 1302
Merit: 1136
March 16, 2020, 07:30:23 AM
We know that day trading or short time trading is like playing with wild fire, not may can handle it. That's y most player's end up in loss and very few are successful day traders.
Is that hold true for gambling also?

Ahmm, probably it can be. If we're going to consider the risk of doing both (gambling and day trading) because day trading requires a lot of fundamental and it's hard to do it without the proper knowledge, while in gambling it just all based on luck. Both risky to play, you know...

Are there gamblers here who are in profit overall?
Pretty much, there is.

I'm in quite lucky last week and earned some good amount on it.
Activity: 2576
Merit: 666
I don't take loans, ask for sig if I ever do.
March 16, 2020, 07:30:22 AM
Day trading is based on personal opinion, on how the market works. On this sense, some factors can easily be seen that could affect the market, such as what are the prospects of the coin, what are the possible factors that could affect it and the like. It could be clearly seen but it honestly depents on the person himself on whether he could actually determine the future movement of the market depending on the factors. As for gambling, its kind of the same but different as well. On games, there 's always a random algorithm followed which makes the game truly random in of itself, thereby giving you no chance to actually formulate a strategy for it. As for gambling on games, well, those gives you clear odds regarding each team, depending on their performance and such but it isn't that rare for a black horse to suddenly come out and completely reverse the odds given.
Activity: 644
Merit: 364
In Code We Trust
March 16, 2020, 06:53:31 AM
What do you mean? Because in day trading, I actually oppose the idea of playing with fire though there is a risk in losing fund because that is still an investment. But the case here is day trading is quite safer than long term hodling IMO, why? because day trading allows you to see the market every time and you will not miss out the opportunity to sell when you already see the profit. And comparing that to gambling, I don't think there is a seasonal time where you could lose allot or win. The reason is because in gambling, there is no assurance and your winnings will depend in your luck.

However, there are some sites that provide the chances of winnings or the odds for you to consider playing.

Let's take this as an example:

from this resource

Even though they've provided the odds of winning, there is no assurance that their system is really following a standard for randomizing numbers.

Meaning, betting will be based from your luck and not seasonal.
Activity: 2730
Merit: 632
March 16, 2020, 06:34:57 AM
We know that day trading or short time trading is like playing with wild fire, not may can handle it. That's y most player's end up in loss and very few are successful day traders.
  There are posts here that gambling is addiction and how to get rid of.

You got some points but they are entirely different when it comes to risk level.Gambling is for entertainment and Trading is for long term investment they would never be the same.

The time on when trading can be considered as gamble if you do just simply trade up without any analysis or basis regarding into your buying or selling position.They do differ when you play or trade
smart and wisely.

I highly believe that there are more successful traders rather than successful gamblers.What you think?

There are actually some gamblers who do make money but most of the time or the ration is heavily obvious in talks of lossers than winners.
Activity: 52
Merit: 32
March 16, 2020, 06:28:18 AM
  There are posts here that gambling is addiction and how to get rid of.
Pages:
Jump to: