Pages:
Author

Topic: Gamers beware: miners are now painting GPU memory - page 2. (Read 314 times)

legendary
Activity: 3682
Merit: 1694
I am not surprised. They have been doing this for years.

In the past a buddy of mine bought some R9 290 GPU on alibaba because it was "super cheap". It arrived and looked legit. Had a box labelled r9 290 and everything. However upon installation it was something like an R9 270. He complained and got a refund.

They do this because they know that most experienced gamers won't be buying any china brand GPUs. They do this because they hope that some newbie buys this and doesn't notice its a generation lower than displaced and since it still works in games, they don't complain.
legendary
Activity: 1554
Merit: 981
I don't buy video cards from China, because in my country I can buy 3000 series video cards for the same price with a remaining warranty period of 1.5 years or more. But I will never look at the memory color of a purchased video card immediately after purchase. And after 1-2 years of mining, it will not matter.
legendary
Activity: 1638
Merit: 1577
Binance #SWGT and CERTIK Audited
Crypto miners are painting graphics card memory to sell them as new
An investigation from YouTuber Iskandar Souza and computer technician Paulo Gomes has shown that graphics card sellers on Chinese retail platforms are not truthful about selling ‘new’ graphics cards.
https://videocardz.com/newz/gamers-beware-miners-are-now-painting-gpu-memory-to-make-them-look-as-new
Pages:
Jump to: