Pages:
Author

Topic: Gas price - page 5. (Read 1740 times)

Activity: 1036
Merit: 273
May 15, 2018, 07:22:09 AM
Any reason for the Ethereum gas price being so high lately?

Here are the posible reasons base on experienced and what I know

1. I think it is because of you amount that you want to transact

Ok I get that explanation but why such a high traffic then?
It's been going on for weeks now.
2. It is because if the traffic many people thousands, billions of peoplw trade, sell and buy exchange and transfer it from time to  time.

It is not just you who do a transaction

Lets say

We have 2 lanes in the cyber space

Line 1

Fee is 1USD

And you have to fall in line  for that transfer

But for line 2 it is 2USD

And you have to fall in line too BUT it is much more faster than the fee of line one

In short the one who pays higher gets a transfer faster but not in one click because like I said many people do a transaction from time to time.
Activity: 44
Merit: 0
May 15, 2018, 06:54:50 AM
 In my opinion the reason is very high amount of ICOs these days that run on Ethereum, and especially the EOS ICO that runs already for half a year and will end up by the end of the month. The amount of traffic that all these ICOs generate is really significant, which consequently affects the gas prices. I think it's one of the reasons that more alternatives to Ethereum platform will soon emerge.
Activity: 210
May 15, 2018, 06:47:21 AM
Ok I get that explanation but why such a high traffic then?
It's been going on for weeks now.
Activity: 378
Merit: 100
ARIZN - Tokenised Crowdfunding Platform
May 15, 2018, 06:43:19 AM
It depends on the traffic. If too many people are sending, the times are getting longer and more gas is needed. Sometimes you must give high gwei, sometimes low. You can check you need gas amount with https://ethgasstation.info Smiley
Activity: 322
Merit: 250
May 15, 2018, 06:40:55 AM

Maybe due to high loads of traffic on Ethereum network, but just ignore those one since if those one is recommended by the network then it will best to anyone to follow it since it could make their transaction more faster, And if you disobey it and lower down the gas then you will surely encounter a long delays of transaction things.
Activity: 210
May 15, 2018, 06:36:23 AM
Pages:
Jump to: