Pages:
Author

Topic: Gate.io shaddy activity - page 2. (Read 323 times)

copper member
Activity: 2030
Merit: 1788
฿itcoin for all, All for ฿itcoin.
May 18, 2022, 07:29:36 AM
That's not an excuse! He is right to claim foul Play here. If deposits were suspended on 10th of may, all deposit option for that coin is suppose to be removed effectively and immediately disabled for users.

Mr okorieemmanuel, How sure are you that the deposit option was still active?
What was the point of gate.io announcing suspension of deposit if they still left the deposit option active?
Is OP the only person who fell victim? Why are we not seeing more of such complaints about the "foul play" on Twitter, their Reddit or Trustpilot?

Bitcoin_Arena is correct when he says that an announcement was made that deposits and withdrawals will be suspended 4 days before OP sent those coins. But as okorieemmanuel rightly said, users of Gate.io shouldn't have to go search on Twitter or Gate.io articles whether or not they can deposit, withdraw, or trade their assets. Such instructions need to be available on the wallet page, which shouldn't allow you to display a receiving address at all due to the suspension in trading.

When it comes to accusations of the exchange doing arbitrage trading, that has to be proven, and I doubt OP can do that.
it's also possible that OP just made a deposit of Luna into the exchange using his Luna deposit address that he already has saved somewhere.

For example, I have my Binance or Bybit deposit addresses saved in my noncustodial wallet. I can send coins to my account minus checking my deposit option via the  exchange, which is a very bad practice in case they have disabled deposits, and I am not aware.

legendary
Activity: 2730
Merit: 7065
Farewell, Leo. You will be missed!
May 18, 2022, 05:38:02 AM
Bitcoin_Arena is correct when he says that an announcement was made that deposits and withdrawals will be suspended 4 days before OP sent those coins. But as okorieemmanuel rightly said, users of Gate.io shouldn't have to go search on Twitter or Gate.io articles whether or not they can deposit, withdraw, or trade their assets. Such instructions need to be available on the wallet page, which shouldn't allow you to display a receiving address at all due to the suspension in trading.

When it comes to accusations of the exchange doing arbitrage trading, that has to be proven, and I doubt OP can do that.
Activity: 269
Merit: 4
May 18, 2022, 02:11:25 AM
Hi i deposited luna before deposit was getting disabled price was 0.0005 they didnt credit my account  (withdraw is always enabled ) that was on 14 may 
But they did make an announcement that they are suspending deposits and withdrawals on the 10th May. You are to blame for making a deposit on 14th even after the announcement, that why it wasn't credited

https://www.gate.io/article/26475

and price on gate.io was always high than other markets and now the price is down to normal price so what i think gate io was doing arbitrage  and selling there coin in there market  and now price is 0.00019 so they just blocked our coins to sell there coins stay away from this shitty exchange
The price difference was because the withdrawals and deposits were disabled. This is common. Do you have any proof that they did any arbitrage trading?

That's not an excuse! He is right to claim foul Play here. If deposits were suspended on 10th of may, all deposit option for that coin is suppose to be removed effectively and immediately disabled for users. If gate.io system will malfunction under any circumstances then that should be a concern.
It could be used as an excuse to scam individuals
copper member
Activity: 2030
Merit: 1788
฿itcoin for all, All for ฿itcoin.
May 17, 2022, 07:11:02 PM
Hi i deposited luna before deposit was getting disabled price was 0.0005 they didnt credit my account  (withdraw is always enabled ) that was on 14 may 
But they did make an announcement that they are suspending deposits and withdrawals on the 10th May. You are to blame for making a deposit on 14th even after the announcement, that why it wasn't credited

https://www.gate.io/article/26475

and price on gate.io was always high than other markets and now the price is down to normal price so what i think gate io was doing arbitrage  and selling there coin in there market  and now price is 0.00019 so they just blocked our coins to sell there coins stay away from this shitty exchange
The price difference was because the withdrawals and deposits were disabled. This is common. Do you have any proof that they did any arbitrage trading?
Activity: 1247
Merit: 295
Palestine
May 16, 2022, 07:58:12 AM
Hi i deposited luna before deposit was getting disabled price was 0.0005 they didnt credit my account  (withdraw is always enabled ) that was on 14 may  and price on gate.io was always high than other markets and now the price is down to normal price so what i think gate io was doing arbitrage  and selling there coin in there market  and now price is 0.00019 so they just blocked our coins to sell there coins stay away from this shitty exchange
Pages:
Jump to: