Author

Topic: Gateless Gate Sharp 1.3.8: 30Mh/s (Ethash) on RX 480! - page 170. (Read 214410 times)

Activity: 588
Merit: 251

AMD Linux drivers are truly an abomination...

I had problems with AMDGPU-PRO 16.40, but fglrx has worked great for me on Ubuntu 14.04.  "apt-get install fglrx" just works.   The only other thing you might need to do (if you want clock control) is "aticonfig --initial --adapter=all" and disable gpu-manager.
Activity: 728
Merit: 304
Miner Developer
Just to let you know, I was able to link the object file of the kernel with libclc. The only remaining step is to convert one big LLVM Bit Code (.bc) file into an OpenCL binary. We will see.

I'd be interested in seeing your complile/link options.  I ran into issues with the linking where it wouldn't find functions like get_global_id(), or when I tried building a different way I was getting duplicate definitions.
It looked like here had been some changes/renaming related to the amdgpu back-end, and I was having a hard time finding documentation on the -x cl and -target options.  I was planning to look through the llvm source but haven't got around to it yet.

I will get to that as soon as I am done fixing my Linux installation.
AMD Linux drivers are truly an abomination...
Just to let you know, I was able to link the object file of the kernel with libclc. The only remaining step is to convert one big LLVM Bit Code (.bc) file into an OpenCL binary. We will see.

I'd be interested in seeing your complile/link options.  I ran into issues with the linking where it wouldn't find functions like get_global_id(), or when I tried building a different way I was getting duplicate definitions.
It looked like here had been some changes/renaming related to the amdgpu back-end, and I was having a hard time finding documentation on the -x cl and -target options.  I was planning to look through the llvm source but haven't got around to it yet.
Miner Developer
I've been crunching more numbers on the GDS performance, and I think for GPUs with more than 4 memory controllers (like Tahiti & Hawaii) that the best performance may be from splitting the row counters between L2 and GDS. With all the row counters in GDS, the GDS bandwidth should get maxed out before the core/L2 bandwidth limit is reached.

That recommendation is consistent with my somewhat informal observations. Thank you so much!
I've been crunching more numbers on the GDS performance, and I think for GPUs with more than 4 memory controllers (like Tahiti & Hawaii) that the best performance may be from splitting the row counters between L2 and GDS. With all the row counters in GDS, the GDS bandwidth should get maxed out before the core/L2 bandwidth limit is reached.
Miner Developer
Zawawa, I've always been a lurker, but had to register to say thank you! Very flexible miner and great work you're doing.

I'm an AMD guy, so I just sent you a few $ as a thank you. Keep up the great work!

Thanks! It's still a work in progress, but I'm glad you liked it.
Miner Developer
my 470 4 gb is getting 680 mh Pascal mining, does that sound about right ? . with  Gateless

That looks about right.
Miner Developer
Here is the PASC support:

https://github.com/zawawawa/gatelessgate/releases/tag/v0.1.3-pre1

I'm still working on the assembly version. Enjoy!

can you fix CPU usage on Nvidia and pascal cards in opencl?

there is no way to run 5 cards rig on any CPU, each card use 30% from i5 CPU

NV 1070 works fine with -w 1024, speed is 1Ghs, but as I sad CPU usage is problem with opencl and NV

zcash did not work on NV

ethash works fine with gpu thread 1, but only HW errors, need to play with settings

That's right. I totally forgot about the NVIDIA CPU usage problem.
I will look into a permanent solution.
Activity: 59
Merit: 0
Zawawa, I've always been a lurker, but had to register to say thank you! Very flexible miner and great work you're doing.

I'm an AMD guy, so I just sent you a few $ as a thank you. Keep up the great work!
legendary
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000
my 470 4 gb is getting 680 mh Pascal mining, does that sound about right ? . with  Gateless
legendary
Activity: 1901
Merit: 1024

can you fix CPU usage on Nvidia and pascal cards in opencl?

there is no way to run 5 cards rig on any CPU, each card use 30% from i5 CPU

NV 1070 works fine with -w 1024, speed is 1Ghs, but as I sad CPU usage is problem with opencl and NV

zcash did not work on NV

ethash works fine with gpu thread 1, but only HW errors, need to play with settings
Miner Developer

Miner Developer
Looks like liblcl, the OpenCL library for LLVM, is a major pain to build as well.
I just hope the inline assembly would really work...
legendary
Activity: 980
Merit: 1001
aka "whocares"
zawawa - PM sent  Wink
rjg
Activity: 29
Merit: 0
Could someone please be so kind to provide a windows build?

Please read 2 posts above yours...
Activity: 574
Merit: 250
Fighting mob law and inquisition in this forum
What calm down? I didn't even get bad or unpatient. I just asked..maybe if you get cold water its hot for you right?
Activity: 254
Merit: 100

Just calm down, it ill be ready very soon Kiss
Can you tell me witch gotchas was it in the cl file?
Miner Developer
I suppose I wasn't very clear. Support for PASC is already in the repo.
(I just ported the suprnova stuff. There were some really nasty gotchas.)
I will prepare a next point release with a precompiled Windows binary today or tomorrow.

I'm building llvm now. So far, so good...
Jump to: