Pages:
Author

Topic: Gateless Gate Sharp 1.3.8: 30Mh/s (Ethash) on RX 480! - page 92. (Read 214410 times)

Activity: 728
Merit: 304
Miner Developer
I stalled newest version and its still displaying the number of gpus wrong. Atleast its down to 9 from 17 lol. If i run it they all mine but crash pretty quickly

There must be something different about your system... Could I see the output of clinfo?
Activity: 5
Merit: 0
Current Roadmap (Subject to Change)
3. On-the-fly memory timing mods and other optimizations (two weeks?)

I've been thinking of doing that since I wrote my strapmod uitilites several months ago.
https://github.com/nerdralph/strapread

strapmod.py makes a few changes that improve performance, and seem to be safe on Samsung, Elpida/Micron and Hynix RAM.  Modifying other parameters in a generic way is much more problematic.
I'd be interested if you find anything that can identify the specific RAM type.  Utilities like amdmeminfo can tell you a card has H5GC4H24AJR memory on it, but not if it is -ROC or -T2C.

yes i am using your strap mod (well it was on the web tools before server gone away and i did write it down)
for 570 it gives me 880H at 1100/1950 which was kinda good
more core or memory clock did give little improvement about 7-10H per 25 core / 50 memory  clock

much thanks =D
and people say there are better strap for cryptonight and i stilll unable to figure it out , how actually a card or strap bottleneck the hash rate =D

also GGS was a good stuff too
lots of update and bug fixes , i will be happy if the update button was added in the miner +__+
Activity: 430
Merit: 250
I stalled newest version and its still displaying the number of gpus wrong. Atleast its down to 9 from 17 lol. If i run it they all mine but crash pretty quickly
Activity: 4
Great job Zawawa!
On your miner gateless gate v0.1.3-pre1 I was able to achieve my rx570 nitro+ (hynix) card up to 900-915 hash. (Works without interruptions for two weeks non stop. Much better than Claymore 11.2)
Thank you very much.
Go on...
Miner Developer
Tighter timings can't be pushed as far, so I suspect that is really the issue.  i.e. I think it is safe to apply the strapmod changes (RRD=5, FAW&32AW=0, ACTRD=16), but you won't be able to overclock the memory as much.  If 2150 is stable without the strapmod changes, then I bet 2050-2100 should still be stable with the changes.
But will strapmod give more speed than 100MHz overclock? And for wich algos strapmod gives more speed?

Probably for ethash.  And probably for equihash too, though there is room for more tweaking when it comes to equihash.  I haven't tested cryptonight.
Memory will consume 5% less power at 2050 vs 2150, and so the memory will also run cooler.

See, I did months of experiments with memory timing mods, and I didn't find these strapmod changes particularly safe, at least with RX 470/480. 32AW=0 was especially dangerous, and I also found that ACTRD=16 to be too low in some cases. With Equihash, anything below ACTRD=23 hurts performance IIRC. I cannot wait to get back to these mods. We will see...
Activity: 30
Gateless Gate Sharp 1.1.21 beta
https://github.com/zawawawa/GatelessGateSharp/releases/tag/v1.1.21-beta

* Fixed fan control.

Here it is!

Thank you very much!!. Works fine now.
Miner Developer

* Fixed fan control.

Here it is!
what about neoscrypt? Cheesy i still can't use your miner in hawaii and 1070ti... i anly tested in 1 rig... 40 to go Cheesy

See I don't have 1070 Ti right now... I have 1080 and 1070, though. Let me see if they work...
copper member
Activity: 416
Merit: 105

* Fixed fan control.

Here it is!
what about neoscrypt? Cheesy i still can't use your miner in hawaii and 1070ti... i anly tested in 1 rig... 40 to go Cheesy
Miner Developer

* Fixed fan control.

Here it is!
Miner Developer
GGS takes control of gpu-fan speed... and I unchecked "Enable" in "Devices" tab. I prefer Afterburner control but GGS don't let it.

I got to fix that one for sure... I will push a fix in 10 minutes or so.
Activity: 1484
Merit: 253
Tighter timings can't be pushed as far, so I suspect that is really the issue.  i.e. I think it is safe to apply the strapmod changes (RRD=5, FAW&32AW=0, ACTRD=16), but you won't be able to overclock the memory as much.  If 2150 is stable without the strapmod changes, then I bet 2050-2100 should still be stable with the changes.
But will strapmod give more speed than 100MHz overclock? And for wich algos strapmod gives more speed?

Probably for ethash.  And probably for equihash too, though there is room for more tweaking when it comes to equihash.  I haven't tested cryptonight.
Memory will consume 5% less power at 2050 vs 2150, and so the memory will also run cooler.

Thanks, I will try it.
How knows what timings in straps is more important for cryptonight?
Activity: 588
Merit: 251

Probably for ethash.  And probably for equihash too, though there is room for more tweaking when it comes to equihash.  I haven't tested cryptonight.
I've been thinking of doing that since I wrote my strapmod uitilites several months ago.

strapmod.py makes a few changes that improve performance, and seem to be safe on Samsung, Elpida/Micron and Hynix RAM.  Modifying other parameters in a generic way is much more problematic.
I'd be interested if you find anything that can identify the specific RAM type.  Utilities like amdmeminfo can tell you a card has H5GC4H24AJR memory on it, but not if it is -ROC or -T2C.

I didn't sure that strapmod is safe for Hynix MJR VRAM. I try it and memory became unstable. Miners start to BSOD all system.

Thanks for the info.  Any idea which change was the problem?  I've heard some people say it's not always safe to zero FAW & 32AW, but couldn't find a card that failed.  I've got cards with H5GQ4H24MFR and H5GC4H24AJR , but not H5GC8H24MJR.
Yes, zeroing FAW & 32AW leads to bugs. But situation is next:
1. I use good strap for hynux mjr.
2. I try to overclock and undervolte.
3. Recieving stable config, f.e. memory clock 2150 at voltage 0.9V
4. After try to apply strapmod, flashing bios and restarting. And after this my config became unstable.

I think that if take native bios and apply strapmod, it will work at 2000MHz and will give more speed. Maybe it even will work at good strap at 2000MHz, but it's mean that maximum stable clock is down with strapmod. And I don't know - zeroing FAW & 32AW gives more speed than higher memory clock...

I didn't sure that strapmod is safe for Hynix MJR VRAM. I try it and memory became unstable. Miners start to BSOD all system.

Thanks for the info.  Any idea which change was the problem?  I've heard some people say it's not always safe to zero FAW & 32AW, but couldn't find a card that failed.  I've got cards with H5GQ4H24MFR and H5GC4H24AJR , but not H5GC8H24MJR.
4. After try to apply strapmod, flashing bios and restarting. And after this my config became unstable.

I think that if take native bios and apply strapmod, it will work at 2000MHz and will give more speed. Maybe it even will work at good strap at 2000MHz, but it's mean that maximum stable clock is down with strapmod. And I don't know - zeroing FAW & 32AW gives more speed than higher memory clock...

strapmod.py makes a few changes that improve performance, and seem to be safe on Samsung, Elpida/Micron and Hynix RAM.  Modifying other parameters in a generic way is much more problematic.
I'd be interested if you find anything that can identify the specific RAM type.  Utilities like amdmeminfo can tell you a card has H5GC4H24AJR memory on it, but not if it is -ROC or -T2C.

Thanks for the info.  Any idea which change was the problem?  I've heard some people say it's not always safe to zero FAW & 32AW, but couldn't find a card that failed.  I've got cards with H5GQ4H24MFR and H5GC4H24AJR , but not H5GC8H24MJR.

Activity: 30
GGS takes control of gpu-fan speed... and I unchecked "Enable" in "Devices" tab. I prefer Afterburner control but GGS don't let it.

strapmod.py makes a few changes that improve performance, and seem to be safe on Samsung, Elpida/Micron and Hynix RAM.  Modifying other parameters in a generic way is much more problematic.
I'd be interested if you find anything that can identify the specific RAM type.  Utilities like amdmeminfo can tell you a card has H5GC4H24AJR memory on it, but not if it is -ROC or -T2C.

Thanks for the info.  Any idea which change was the problem?  I've heard some people say it's not always safe to zero FAW & 32AW, but couldn't find a card that failed.  I've got cards with H5GQ4H24MFR and H5GC4H24AJR , but not H5GC8H24MJR.

Activity: 98
Merit: 2
NeoScrypt performance is too low for 980 Ti.

300 kh/s with GGS, and 730 kh/s with ccminer...

Pages:
Jump to: