Pages:
Author

Topic: GAW Miners (Scrypt/SHA256 miners and Hashlet cloud) independent feedback thread - page 22. (Read 82240 times)

Activity: 154
Merit: 100
BTC = FREEDOM IS OUR ONLY HOPE!
...... I will make sure one gets out to you right away Smiley

well you said you were sending me two miners and they never came.... Roll Eyes so now what?
legendary
Activity: 2212
Merit: 1001
Came home to a nice email "your order has been shipped" Smiley
They did in fact meet the advertised deadline, very cool.
Once I get my order and everything checks out , I will do more business with them.
Thanks !
Update. When I clicked on the tracking number yesterday it did not work (common for new tracking numbers) So I waited until
today and it is still a bad fedex number, I called Fedex and was told  "a tracking number was created but nothing was shipped, you should contact the shipper" I contacted GAW and am currently waiting for a working tracking number. I realize these guys must be getting slammed with orders. I am sure everything will turn out fine. I am just a little guy with a small order in the $400 -$500 range like most it is easier to come up with $100 - $500 at a time and build as you go. Once I receive my order I will post a small review of the entire experience for anyone else interested. Threads like this are good I read everything here and based my decision to go with GAW from it.  

Same issue for me,Fedex # no worky  Roll Eyes  I'll wait............

Edit: Uh,on my account page it says USPS,still doesn't work,but it may take another day for tracking to "catch" up  Wink
Activity: 25
Merit: 0
Once I get my order and everything checks out , I will do more business with them.
Thanks !
Update. When I clicked on the tracking number yesterday it did not work (common for new tracking numbers) So I waited until
today and it is still a bad fedex number, I called Fedex and was told  "a tracking number was created but nothing was shipped, you should contact the shipper" I contacted GAW and am currently waiting for a working tracking number. I realize these guys must be getting slammed with orders. I am sure everything will turn out fine. I am just a little guy with a small order in the $400 -$500 range like most it is easier to come up with $100 - $500 at a time and build as you go. Once I receive my order I will post a small review of the entire experience for anyone else interested. Threads like this are good I read everything here and based my decision to go with GAW from it. 
legendary
Activity: 3654
Merit: 8909
https://bpip.org
I got my Week 4 Fury yesterday and somehow it still has the same shitty 5A power brick as blizzards. I'm pretty sure the CEO promised to replace those but now it turns out I need to ask support for a replacement and pay for shipping it back. My favorite part.

On the positive side, it was only 4 days late and works so far (with a proper PSU). Yay.
Activity: 868
Merit: 1000
Awesome!! My order just came to filled status with a tracking # !!! It'll be shipped out tomorrow!!!  Grin Cool

Order # 103xx,yours may be next!!!  Wink

Huh dafuq.. I'm still waiting #92xx  Angry

Yeah, I got a #99## and nothing has been updated yet. Not freaking out but was hoping to get it at least by Monday but it's not looking likely at this point.
Activity: 97
Merit: 10
Money can't buy happiness but it can buy assassins
Awesome!! My order just came to filled status with a tracking # !!! It'll be shipped out tomorrow!!!  Grin Cool

Huh dafuq.. I'm still waiting #92xx  Angry
legendary
Activity: 2212
Merit: 1001

Activity: 192
Not sure where else to write to because support has been non existent for a week now. Ordered on May 22 2014 and still have not received a working miner. Its been over a month and I paid the week 2 prices and have not been able to mine anything. Happy for all of you that had a good experience with GAW, but mine has been hell.

Do you mean that you received a defective one or nothing at all? Did you pay with a credit card or BTC? Did you fill out any of the compensation forms they had available on hashtrader?

I received one that was not working. Sent it back for an RMA. I paid with credit card. I did not know about and compensation forms as support never relayed that information to me. It has been a week since I heard anything from support (and the last update I did get was " I will forward this to an agent" (not very helpful)).

Make sure you sent them the tracking number for your returned package. If you asked for a replacement I would suggest to ask for a refund instead and reorder. Whatever you do don't miss the deadline for a credit card dispute, if this drags on any longer. Keep bugging support via tickets, not sure if this will make them more likely to respond but at least you will have done everything you could.

Yeah, they have an odd way of offering these compensations through a forum that most of their customers probably are not even aware of.

Edit: almost forgot, e-mail [email protected] - he loves customer feedback.

Thank you for the heads up suchmoon!! Josh from GAW Miners has corrected this issue promptly. He has removed all doubts I had from purchasing from them again. In fact, my coworker and I are placing orders with them this week.
Thanks !
Activity: 87
Merit: 10
Falcon is running awesome!  Placed order 6/6 and got it yesterday... though I can't seem to find out where there's a temperature output?  Nowhere to be found on ZenMiner, which is where I would have expected it?
I placed an order with these guys they are local to me. Prepaid for my order (Expected release date is 24th Jun 2014) that is today. It will be interesting to see the actual ship date. Hope these guys are on point with their shipping .
Not sure where else to write to because support has been non existent for a week now. Ordered on May 22 2014 and still have not received a working miner. Its been over a month and I paid the week 2 prices and have not been able to mine anything. Happy for all of you that had a good experience with GAW, but mine has been hell.

Do you mean that you received a defective one or nothing at all? Did you pay with a credit card or BTC? Did you fill out any of the compensation forms they had available on hashtrader?

I received one that was not working. Sent it back for an RMA. I paid with credit card. I did not know about and compensation forms as support never relayed that information to me. It has been a week since I heard anything from support (and the last update I did get was " I will forward this to an agent" (not very helpful)).

Make sure you sent them the tracking number for your returned package. If you asked for a replacement I would suggest to ask for a refund instead and reorder. Whatever you do don't miss the deadline for a credit card dispute, if this drags on any longer. Keep bugging support via tickets, not sure if this will make them more likely to respond but at least you will have done everything you could.

Yeah, they have an odd way of offering these compensations through a forum that most of their customers probably are not even aware of.

Thanks man, Yeah I never had to do a credit dispute before, but I have 60 days through my credit union. I will send Josh an email. Oh, also the compensations are over (at least the threads I found.), but I'm not worried about that. Thanks again for your help.
legendary

legendary

Activity: 798
It seems like something went wrong with my order, it was a week 3 batch and I hadn't noticed it hasn't been shipped.
Support is extremely slow.

Week 3 was delayed almost until week 4 and there were price match/compensation options available but only for a short time. You should still be able to get a compensation for the lost mining time, I don't think that one has a deadline. Ask support about that and keep prodding them daily.

I know, but since I received the tracking number, I didn't pay that much attention to it, and I just realized it has never been shipped, and just "Shipping Information Received".
If they don't reply in the next day, I'll bug them.
legendary
It seems like something went wrong with my order, it was a week 3 batch and I hadn't noticed it hasn't been shipped.

Week 3 was delayed almost until week 4 and there were price match/compensation options available but only for a short time. You should still be able to get a compensation for the lost mining time, I don't think that one has a deadline. Ask support about that and keep prodding them daily.
Activity: 798
Activity: 27
I'm surprised that this hasn't been mentioned anywhere that I can see in these forums, so I'm finding myself in the odd position announcing for GAW  Grin

https://hashtrader.com/t/let-me-be-the-first-to-introduce-the-vaultbreaker/1220
http://www.gawminers.com/categories/products/litecoin-scrypt/by-brand/gaw-miners/generation-j-new.html

tl;dr 250-500 MH/s Scrypt miners, pre-order, ~ 3rd-4th quarter 2014 delivery, 2W per MH/s, $20 or less per MH/s, hosting options available too.

Fury and seeds will be worthless.

To be fair they are kind of worthless already Wink

Here are some numbers I looked at over the weekend. The Flower/Ensilica/whatchamacallit stuff that GAW's new miners seem to be based on are about 4 months out (October). If you look back four months to February you'll see the Gridseed cupcakes were selling close to $300 each, a staggering ~$800 per MH/s. Now you can get Zeus for ~$70-80 and SF for ~$100-110 per MH/s. That's a nearly tenfold decline in price in four months.

It's not impossible then that come October we'll have IN STOCK / NOT PRE-ORDER hardware at $10 per MH/s. No, the Fury probably won't be selling for $12, but the next one up that's ~12 MH/s could be around $100, and the SilverFish 28 MH/s could be around $300, and a handful of other vendors could pop up between now and then. Anyone getting ready to put down $20 per MH/s on preorder hardware needs to weigh it really carefully, including power consumption, inevitable profitability decline etc.

i think the best bet right now is to hold off on purchases, and then as we get closer and closer to Q3/Q4 see what equipment is out there and then make a selection from what is available.

I agree.  3 months out before you can get 1 of these new miners is way too risky with how the profitability is going down seemly faster everyday.

I am going wait a while and see what happens.

1 thing i will say about GAW is that they said they offer a full refund up untill the point of shipping. so at least  you have the option of cancelling
Pages:
Jump to: