Pages:
Author

Topic: [GB] USB ASIC miner - closed and completed - page 34. (Read 151442 times)

Activity: 725
Merit: 503
Activity: 476
Merit: 250
We need a USB Hub experience thread  Cheesy

I'll post some pics when the sticks arrive and are plugged in Smiley

Gives me a little time to prepare everything Wink
yxt
legendary
Activity: 3528
Merit: 1116
We need a USB Hub experience thread  Cheesy
My Exsys EX-1187HMVS usb hub just arrived and it feels rock solid Smiley
Activity: 714
Merit: 500
Are ฿itcoins Radioactive?
News about my 2 USB Gizmos (from parcel # 1) :

© 2012 DHL - All rights reserved
DHL Track and Trace
Shipment number XXXXXXXXXXX
Product / service International Parcel (Portugal)
Status from Wed, 29.05.2013 18:43 hours
The international shipment has been processed in the parcel center of origin
Next step The international shipment is being forwarded to the export parcel center
Recipient Rui Costa
40%
Date/time City Status
Sat, 25.05.2013 01:15 h --- The instruction data for this shipment have been provided by the sender to DHL electronically
Tue, 28.05.2013 16:46 h Germany The shipment has been posted by the sender at the retail outlet
Wed, 29.05.2013 18:43 h Köngen, Germany The international shipment has been processed in the parcel center of origin
Activity: 89
Merit: 10
forgotten:
current list is here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/pub?key=0AkRHbOmCoH9PdGRiMnNmY0ZhVGhraVBvRllqV2llTXc&single=true&gid=15&output=html

if somethings seems wrong email me asap.
Was slightly tired at creation  Wink

Hi, my name is marked yellow. What does that mean?
Activity: 25
Merit: 0
I have made good experiences with http://www.logilink.eu/showproduct/UA0095.htm connection my RPi to 3 wireless devices. It ships with 3.5A power supply, for example via amzn.
How much do the USB miner draw power? In my mind, it is around 500mA .. so the power-supply won't be enough Sad

Personally, I'm a fan of Exsys, which provides devices for industrial purposes.
This one: EXSYS EX-1177HMV have the correct alignment of the USB Ports and can be powered by any external PSU. .. Range  7V - 24Volt ; so you can reuse anything you currently have (PC-PSU, whatever)...

I'm using for rechargeing USB Devices and powering USB Routers this one EXSYS EX-1177 which has enough Power to give every Port 500mA (see Datasheet)

(I know, it is a bit expensive..)
regards Gaim

edit: lol, someone else was faster..
Activity: 522
Hasta la Bitcoin siempre!

Ja deshalb extra so gemacht, hatte die Hoffnung dass sie da noch rausgehen,
sonst hätte ich es von DHL abholen lassen. Dafür glaub leicht unbeliebt gemacht.
Derbe Schlange hinter mir  Grin

Schade. Aber trotzdem Danke.
yxt
legendary
extra noch zu der Filiale gefahren, da Briefe dort um ~17.15 abgeholt werden.
Pakete offensichtlich (zumindest heute) früher. Aber Vorfreude ist ja bekanntlich die schönste Freude.

Oh no. Und morgen ist ja auch noch Fronleichnam.  Sad
Habe mich bisher noch nie über einen Feiertag geärgert.  Cry
Also ist wohl erst Freitag ASIC-USB-Tag.

Ja deshalb extra so gemacht, hatte die Hoffnung dass sie da noch rausgehen,
sonst hätte ich es von DHL abholen lassen. Dafür glaub leicht unbeliebt gemacht.
Derbe Schlange hinter mir  Grin
Activity: 574
Activity: 522
Hasta la Bitcoin siempre!
extra noch zu der Filiale gefahren, da Briefe dort um ~17.15 abgeholt werden.
Pakete offensichtlich (zumindest heute) früher. Aber Vorfreude ist ja bekanntlich die schönste Freude.

Oh no. Und morgen ist ja auch noch Fronleichnam.  Sad
Habe mich bisher noch nie über einen Feiertag geärgert.  Cry
Also ist wohl erst Freitag ASIC-USB-Tag.
yxt
legendary
forgotten:
current list is here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/pub?key=0AkRHbOmCoH9PdGRiMnNmY0ZhVGhraVBvRllqV2llTXc&single=true&gid=15&output=html

if somethings seems wrong email me asap.
Was slightly tired at creation  Wink
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1185
notorious shrimp!
155 units

At which # in the google docs are we? Smiley (Can't access it from work, Google Docs is blocked)

You're in batch #3 Smiley

*Happy dance* Smiley
Merit: 601
155 units

At which # in the google docs are we? Smiley (Can't access it from work, Google Docs is blocked)

You're in batch #3 Smiley
155 units

I ordered these: http://www.exsys.ch/download/catalog/ex_1187HMVS.pdf

Hooking it up to the 12V of an ATX power supply

We'll see how that goes Wink

Right now I have a "Sitecom CN 061 - Hub - 7 x Hi-Speed USB" connected, powering my Pi from it, a USB keyboard and 1 ZTex 1.15y without any problem
Are ฿itcoins Radioactive?
Be aware that the raspi is picky with usb devices. Buy according to this guide: http://elinux.org/RPi_VerifiedPeripherals#Working_USB_Hubs
This AFAIR is only important if you want to run the pi on that hub or the hub has no psu by itself - so it does not matter when you already powered your pi and just extend it with a external-psu powered hub for running the ASICs .

According to this page there are hubs that do funny stuff, such as:

Belkin
  • 7-Port Powered Mobile Hub - device labelled F4U018, packaging labelled F5U701. lsusb reveals it to be two Genesys Logic 4-port hubs based on the GL850G chipset (vendor: 0x05e3 product: 0x0608) ganged together. Yields a lot of "handle_hc_chhltd_intr_dma:: XactErr without NYET/NAK/ACK" errors and device resets in /var/log/messages. Low speed devices such as keyboards work OK, Wi-Fi/mass storage is unreliable or broken. -- No error messages with the latest kernel, but it is still unstable with mass storage devices. Also, leaks current back to the Raspberry Pi (can be fixed by overtaping GND and +5 V pinouts)
  • F4U022 7-Port powered USB hub (powered 5 V, 2.6 A), same as F4U018
    7-Port Powered Hub - device labled F5U237 Rev.3 - ID 050d:0237 Wired Ethernet fails to connect; gives "DWC OTG HCD URB enqueue failed adding QTD. Error status -4008" Result is same as DUB-H7 below.
  • F5U404 Hi-Speed USB 2.0 4-Port Mobile Hub. Faulty/bad design; Leaks current back up the cable to the Raspberry Pi.
  • F5U307 Hi-Speed USB 2.0 7-Port Hub (Powered, able to apply power to Raspberry Pi via micro USB from this hub at same time) It work's sometimes. (Works always without powering the Raspberry Pi, haven't tried that)

So it's something to consider carefully. Specially the backfeed thingie.

@wo0x: looks good, thanks!

If you connect only the USB upper port of RPI to something like my 7 Port USB 2.0 HUB Powered (http://www.ebay.de/itm/230976716952?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649), it doesn't need the power micro USB connector any more. It is then powered by that USB power+data connection. I tried to connect a USB mouse, a USB cabled keyboard and a WiFi dongle to that low cost Chinese HUB and all worked. I will try to connect also 2 USB Gizmos in a couple of days... Tongue
yxt
legendary
155 units
Merit: 601
@yxt; I see friedcat has been online, please please tell me you have some good news for the rest of us finally Cheesy

Was picked up yesterday, as planned
Told you... the excitement was unnecessary.  Grin  Wink

10    Departed Facility in HONG KONG - HONG KONG
-----
parcel2 is pending completion of customs inspection.

But we need another package to work through all orders.

Awesome news Cheesy

Another package!! Ouch!! How many was including in #3 - did he say?

Thanks yxt Smiley
Pages:
Jump to: