Pages:
Author

Topic: GekkoScience is finally building a 16nm Pod Miner - page 5. (Read 1314 times)

Activity: 439
Merit: 297
www.amazon.com/shops/MinersSupply
We will be taking orders for the new pod miners, so please feel free to inquire within, or contact us via our new storefront here: www.amazon.com/shops/MinersSupply
legendary
Activity: 3318
Merit: 1848
Curmudgeonly hardware guy
I know what you're thinking. This post is going up April 1 and you can't trust anything you see on April 1

Well you're wrong.

(homemade samples of case branding/labeling)

I still need to do some fine-tuning on the housing, and slap a big fat logo on it, but this here is a fully functional prototype of the all-new Terminus R606, building on the work of both the R808 and NewPac USB and progressing in secret since January.

The theoretical peak hashrate of this guy is upwards of 1100GH but that's not guaranteed, and may require a fan upgrade.  This fellow is designed for cool, quiet and convenient. Worry not that it's a wimp, though, because the stock settings should get you upwards of 600GH (close to 700GH with ASICBoost enabled) from a 12V 5A power brick. My tester is pulling 820GH from 12V/6.1A right now with a heatsink temperature of 50C and I almost can't hear it running.

R808 users will notice a few obvious improvements over the original. First and foremost, it's completely enclosed. Makes it quite a bit safer and easier to handle, for sure. Second, dual heatsinks. Cooling is much more effective. Third, standard 80mm quiet case fan is easy to upgrade without having to track down exotic hardware, and it also cools the Vcore regulator for improved overclock stability.

The familar jacks are still present - USBA 5V output for powering a small controller, plus 12V in from a barrel (8A rated, upgraded from the 5A jack on the R808) and 6-pin PCIe. Next we've got a nifty new feature, push-button voltage control. Instead of having to turn a knob and guess at your settings or dig for a meter, now you can adjust from 390mV/chip to 460mV/chip in 10mV increments with the push of a button, and your current setting is counted off on the 3-bit binary LEDs. (yes there'll be a user guide with further details on this feature)

This is not a for-sale announcement, but we're prepping to start manufacture literally right now and they should be shipping soon. I don't have any in-house sales rep this time around, so talk to your favorite reseller and let 'em know you're interested.
Pages:
Jump to: