Pages:
Author

Topic: Gemini Hits daily volume of 1000btc - page 2. (Read 2642 times)

legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1007
DMD Diamond Making Money 4+ years! Join us!
October 30, 2015, 03:34:05 PM
The volume is over 2300 now. Gemini is doing very well. The recent price rise might be related to the open of Gemini. Wall Street client will tend to use Gemini more than other exchanges.

This.

Wall Street is the key. This is why having a fully compliant exchange is EXTREMELY important. Let us see how high can it go.
legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1001
October 30, 2015, 11:51:45 AM
The volume is over 2300 now. Gemini is doing very well. The recent price rise might be related to the open of Gemini. Wall Street client will tend to use Gemini more than other exchanges.

Its growing its volume very fast, it can be one of the clues behind the climbing price on bitcoin, new investors not people that one to have only one bitcoin. Investors that buy almost 100 bitcoins to invest.
Activity: 462
Merit: 250
October 30, 2015, 11:17:13 AM
Activity: 167
Merit: 100
October 29, 2015, 03:18:55 PM
Just hit 1500 50% increase in 2 days.
tss
Activity: 742
Merit: 500
October 28, 2015, 11:14:40 PM
Wow that volume sprung up nicely, been watching it the past few days mostly very low volume.  Looks like some bigger player has signed up at that exchange.
Probably a big investment company who is going to start using the blockchain for something.

That was a first thing that has crossed my mind. Hopefully nearly all of these 1,000 BTCs are institutional money getting into Bitcoin ecosystem. I think that we have grown enough to earn anybody's trust and big companies and institutions are what we need to get this party really going!

$200,000 is too small to be anything institutional.  it is nice to finally see any volume on gemini.  the starter customers they attract will grow and spread to the big players sooner than okcoin or bitstamp.
October 28, 2015, 06:09:50 PM
I know alot of people think that this is no different then any other exchange but they have to realize that insitutional investors can't just open up an OKCoin account and start trading .  Finance firms have compliance, legal and risk management departments that they need to contend with. I'm sure there are wall street traders that would like to get into bitcoin but can't unless they get approval internal from risk and legal.  Having a wallstreet based firm run by well know people will go along way in getting approval.
Activity: 336
October 28, 2015, 04:48:32 PM
I think one of the important things to also remember is the fact that this volume is most probably 100% legit and not pumped up like on some other exchanges where they inflate the volume by selling/buying to themselves.

Still very early days for Gemini, they can still easily become one of the major players in this ecosystem in so far as exchanges are concerned. Will be keeping an eye on them in future.

What gives you that assumption?

The fact that they are regulated to some extend so somebody will be checking the books so to speak. Not saying it cannot or will not happen just that it is less likely to happen than on some of the non-regulated exchanges.
legendary
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1000
Satoshi is rolling in his grave. #bitcoin
October 28, 2015, 04:35:43 PM
Take 10 btc and trade them back and forth a hundred times a day. Grin

Or is it 100btc 10 tmes a day? Cheesy

Trades being made on their site are often of a volume larger than few btc per trade, but there's not many of them, and by the looks of it,
it doesnt look manipulated if we compare buy and sell orders made.
The only thing that bugs me is that the last trade shows to be 3 hours ago  Roll Eyes
Activity: 574
October 28, 2015, 04:09:49 PM

What's the difference? Literally nothing since all trades are a % fee.
legendary
Activity: 1120
Merit: 1004
October 28, 2015, 03:05:19 PM
That's really nice ! I hope that it will have a postive effect on the Bitcoin price Wink !
legendary
Activity: 2184
Merit: 1011
Franko is Freedom
October 28, 2015, 03:04:39 PM
I think one of the important things to also remember is the fact that this volume is most probably 100% legit and not pumped up like on some other exchanges where they inflate the volume by selling/buying to themselves.

Still very early days for Gemini, they can still easily become one of the major players in this ecosystem in so far as exchanges are concerned. Will be keeping an eye on them in future.

What gives you that assumption?
legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1002
October 28, 2015, 03:03:22 PM

legendary
Activity: 4270
Merit: 4534
October 28, 2015, 02:55:52 PM

That's nothing if we compare it with Chinese exchanges , they should at least reach something like 40k BTC to be better then Bitstamp  , Itbit , Bitfinex & Coinbase .
In my opinion the only reason that Gemini don't have big volume is because it's only in USA , they don't even allow you to register which is not the case for the other trading platforms .

gemini has not been running for 2 years.. so calm down, give it time.. after all it takes 3-5 days for people to get approved and move funds in.. so come back ina few days/weeks see the volume difference then and then make a chart to estimate the time scale to reach the 40k mark, i bet it will be less than 2 years
Activity: 798
Merit: 1000
Move On !!!!!!
October 28, 2015, 02:52:24 PM
Wow that volume sprung up nicely, been watching it the past few days mostly very low volume.  Looks like some bigger player has signed up at that exchange.
Probably a big investment company who is going to start using the blockchain for something.

That was a first thing that has crossed my mind. Hopefully nearly all of these 1,000 BTCs are institutional money getting into Bitcoin ecosystem. I think that we have grown enough to earn anybody's trust and big companies and institutions are what we need to get this party really going!
October 28, 2015, 02:51:16 PM

That's nothing if we compare it with Chinese exchanges , they should at least reach something like 40k BTC to be better then Bitstamp  , Itbit , Bitfinex & Coinbase .
In my opinion the only reason that Gemini don't have big volume is because it's only in USA , they don't even allow you to register which is not the case for the other trading platforms .

Gemini may attract institutional clients which have the potentional to trade in huge volumes its not fair to compare an exchange that has been open less then a month to the established exchanges.  At the rate they are going they will be a major exchange by next year.
Activity: 574
October 28, 2015, 02:49:57 PM
was a nice increase from close to 0 to something, but still low comparated to other big exchanges(bitfinex for example has 30x more)

Why are you comparing exchanges that are not limited?
This one's limited to US only.

and it's brand new.. why even compare?

Obviously it's not gonna have 20k btc 24h volume in the first weeks, if it would than it would be shady as fuck and people would expect the twins to be playing with it themselves.
October 28, 2015, 02:48:57 PM
was a nice increase from close to 0 to something, but still low comparated to other big exchanges(bitfinex for example has 30x more)

As its already been stated all exchanges start at 0.  Gemini is starting from scratch, this is a big milestone for them as they have now reached a tipping point where they have enough volume to attract bigger fish.
Activity: 336
October 28, 2015, 02:48:49 PM

staff
Activity: 3500
Merit: 6152
October 28, 2015, 02:47:05 PM

That's nothing if we compare it with Chinese exchanges , they should at least reach something like 40k BTC to be better then Bitstamp  , Itbit , Bitfinex & Coinbase .
legendary
Activity: 2590
Merit: 3014
Welt Am Draht
October 28, 2015, 02:42:43 PM
Well why poloniex isnt listed there?Anyway is good to see another exchange with a good volume daily of trades,meaning the interest is being shared between exchanges.

The Poloniex USD market is microscopic and it's through Tether. They have $3300 in buys on the order books and 3 BTC in sells. They'd have to work a load harder to catch the attention of the big market sites.
Pages:
Jump to: