Pages:
Author

Topic: GEMZ - Unmoderated thread - page 3. (Read 6182 times)

Activity: 490
Merit: 500
June 04, 2016, 04:05:17 PM
Something I didn't think about. Has all the money been given to Getgems from Koinify. I think if not Koinify could be persuaded that Daniel has let down the project and not really produced the product promised and we could get back some of the BTC?

We should of thought about this earlier...
legendary
Activity: 1568
Merit: 1000
June 04, 2016, 03:36:43 PM
This is absolutely amazing and leaves me flabbergasted. Shocked

The total market cap for Getgems/GEMZ is $176,000.

Daniel stated in the 43North presentation that projected revenues for PayKey is $20 million dollars for 2018.

Is there something wrong here?

I would call this an "anomaly".

You talk about an investment opportunity.

I think you are stating the obvious, Gemz money went into PayKey and now it's abandoned. It doesn't matter that PayKey becomes a unicorn/ 1 billion startup, that doesn't mean that GetGemz will get anything from that, there are completely different projects AFAIK.
Activity: 38
Merit: 0
June 04, 2016, 07:09:54 AM
With the de-listing on Poloniex, that is the real insult. I looked yesterday before the de-listing there were over 60 currencies with lower trading volume and most all had no comparable development. This calls for an immediate re-branding and move to be listed on GDAX. Paykey must be merged with getgems.
Activity: 276
Merit: 250
June 03, 2016, 06:36:04 PM
Close the Gemz thread? Really? Peled, its just disappointment after disappointment with you aint it? lol... Why the hell did you close the thread where we investors gave birth to your poor ass?

So basically start enjoying living in other peoples shadows cause you fucked yourself bigtime m8... face on YouTube and everything ouchh .. That kibbutz must look very appealing now.

PS: Closing the thread will not erase what happened Tongue ..... douche
Activity: 97
Merit: 10
June 02, 2016, 07:11:14 PM
PayKey is fundamentally a bad idea.

You’re not going to convince mainstream users to swap out their default keyboards. Especially when it has nothing to do with typing.

But even if you could, so what?

So you can transfer fiat to another member of your bank without leaving your preferred instant messenger?

Being platform agnostic has little value. Mainstream users just don’t give a shit.

They'll use whatever FB/Apple/Beiber tells them to use, especially if it's already shoved in their face.

PK is a hack to circumvent the big players. It offers nothing but that hack. Which is a major problem.

Everything you wrote above is pure speculation on your part. You may be wrong.  Wink

PayKey is circumventing big players for big players.

Activity: 156
Merit: 100
June 02, 2016, 02:38:17 AM
PayKey is fundamentally a bad idea.

You’re not going to convince mainstream users to swap out their default keyboards. Especially when it has nothing to do with typing.

But even if you could, so what?

So you can transfer fiat to another member of your bank without leaving your preferred instant messenger?

Being platform agnostic has little value. Mainstream users just don’t give a shit.

They'll use whatever FB/Apple/Beiber tells them to use, especially if it's already shoved in their face.

PK is a hack to circumvent the big players. It offers nothing but that hack. Which is a major problem.

legendary
Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167
MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG
June 01, 2016, 10:09:11 PM
I recently transferred gems from polo to gemsapp a couple times in the last two days without problems.

Pay key is such a joke, it's a Frickin keyboard and a lame one at that.  But that's what they are dead set on selling to the world.  Just when I thought I've seen it all.

Dont try transferring them into polo in a few weeks time.

Pay key is such a joke, it's a Frickin keyboard and a lame one at that.  But that's exactly what they are dead set on selling to the world.  Just when I thought I've seen it all.

Not sure...concept seems interesting.
Activity: 135
June 01, 2016, 03:01:48 PM
I recently transferred gems from polo to gemsapp a couple times in the last two days without problems.

Pay key is such a joke, it's a Frickin keyboard and a lame one at that.  But that's what they are dead set on selling to the world.  Just when I thought I've seen it all.

Pay key is such a joke, it's a Frickin keyboard and a lame one at that.  But that's exactly what they are dead set on selling to the world.  Just when I thought I've seen it all.
legendary
Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167
MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG
June 01, 2016, 10:23:07 AM

June 01, 2016, 05:21:56 AM
Well, I put it to the test for my final airdrop withdrawal to Polo.

Going on 4 hours now without it showing...

Activity: 38
Merit: 0
May 31, 2016, 07:32:02 AM
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1048
May 31, 2016, 12:17:39 AM
I would also suggest downloading the app and using it. See for yourself how "awesome" it is. Get your free Gem daily. View the ads in the ad channel and earn more gems. Invite your friends and start getting a daily "airdrop". Don't forget about the bitcoin wallet....store your bitcoin in the app. I'll admit it was a little buggy in the beginning, but it's working flawlessly now and awaiting the masses!! There is much more to come with the Attention Economy and Getgems Keyboard. 155,000 users now, I expect it to keep growing exponentially. Ignore the "Back-seat driving disgruntled trolls" who twist the truth and have no clue about the vision Daniel has for Getgems/Getgems Keyboard/Attention Economy.

Only a fool would store their BTC in the Getgems app. The app is still buggy as evidenced by the decision by Poloniex to delist GEMZ, as many users are experiencing issues transferring their coins. Getgems is only getting attention in the App store because they listed it as 'Telegram with Getgems'. If it was simply 'getgems', the downloads would drop substantially.

That was hilariously harsh, but oh so true. It takes an age and a day to send gems to and from the app, it will be a cold day in hell before i send a satoshi of value to that btc wallet.

Try sending Gemz on-chain. They never got it working right.

The only GG features that are solid are the ones inherent to Telegram.

Everything else is buggy, half-finished, or useless.

That's not true. I wouldn't expect anything more from you.

The problems with transferring Gems has been a Counterparty issue not Getgems. You can't build something like this overnight and have all the bugs worked out. It takes a while and they are definitely close! I have recently transferred some Gems to the app and some out of Polo to different wallets. Everything has gone smooth. I think Counterparty may have fixed things since the threatened delisting. The Getgems team is constantly improving the app with every upgrade.

It's smooth, it's just really, really slow. I'm responsible for some of those faucet sign-up advertisements you see pop up every now and again on the cryptocurrency channel. It takes roughly an hour to send funds from Polo to one's gem wallet. I have not experienced this delay with vfaucet (a counterparty asset faucet). I use polo addresses to receive, I get my faucet earnings in 15 minutes or less (gems, bitcrystals and storj). It would seem to be the app in this particular case, but I certainly may be wrong.
May 31, 2016, 12:10:20 AM
I would also suggest downloading the app and using it. See for yourself how "awesome" it is. Get your free Gem daily. View the ads in the ad channel and earn more gems. Invite your friends and start getting a daily "airdrop". Don't forget about the bitcoin wallet....store your bitcoin in the app. I'll admit it was a little buggy in the beginning, but it's working flawlessly now and awaiting the masses!! There is much more to come with the Attention Economy and Getgems Keyboard. 155,000 users now, I expect it to keep growing exponentially. Ignore the "Back-seat driving disgruntled trolls" who twist the truth and have no clue about the vision Daniel has for Getgems/Getgems Keyboard/Attention Economy.

Only a fool would store their BTC in the Getgems app. The app is still buggy as evidenced by the decision by Poloniex to delist GEMZ, as many users are experiencing issues transferring their coins. Getgems is only getting attention in the App store because they listed it as 'Telegram with Getgems'. If it was simply 'getgems', the downloads would drop substantially.

That was hilariously harsh, but oh so true. It takes an age and a day to send gems to and from the app, it will be a cold day in hell before i send a satoshi of value to that btc wallet.

That's not true. I wouldn't expect anything more from you.

The problems with transferring Gems has been a Counterparty issue not Getgems. You can't build something like this overnight and have all the bugs worked out. It takes a while and they are definitely close! I have recently transferred some Gems to the app and some out of Polo to different wallets. Everything has gone smooth. I think Counterparty may have fixed things since the threatened delisting. The Getgems team is constantly improving the app with every upgrade.

May 30, 2016, 11:17:42 PM

legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1048
May 30, 2016, 10:44:13 PM

Activity: 369
Merit: 250
May 30, 2016, 10:08:04 PM

May 30, 2016, 07:26:20 PM
We need some statistics on how the actual product is doing to get any gauge whatsoever. I checked google appstore it's at like 2k downloads

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.getgemsmessenger.app&hl=en

No marketing apart from maybe 2 crypto articles from 2014

http://www.coindesk.com/gems-bitcoin-app-lets-users-earn-money-social-messaging/

https://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/gems-cryptocurrency-social-network-utilize-telegram-messaging-app-android/

All seem to be part of the crowdsale.

May 30, 2016, 07:09:54 PM
Have you read these development updates? There's usually one every month or month and a half.

https://medium.com/@GetGems
Activity: 1008
Merit: 500
May 30, 2016, 07:05:47 PM
We need some statistics on how the actual product is doing to get any gauge whatsoever. I checked google appstore it's at like 2k downloads

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.getgemsmessenger.app&hl=en

No marketing apart from maybe 2 crypto articles from 2014

http://www.coindesk.com/gems-bitcoin-app-lets-users-earn-money-social-messaging/

https://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/gems-cryptocurrency-social-network-utilize-telegram-messaging-app-android/

All seem to be part of the crowdsale.
May 30, 2016, 07:00:30 PM
If you look at the technology behind the GetGems keyboard and how that is used to create PayKey you would wonder, why isn't this taking off? The answer is, it is taking off. If you do a little research you will see there is huge interest in this technology from large entities mentioned above, and many others including global financial companies. This fintech project has much more substance than the majority of others that poloniex and other platforms pump because of transaction-fee revenue. There are better platforms up and coming that will list GetGems. Keep in mind, GetGems could easily be re-branded to mix with PayKey. Once that happens all the haters will wish they bought and held.

Buy and hold.

You miss the point and also the crime that Daniel committed. He took money from investors here and clearly used it to run around and promote another project that has no profit connection to those investors. Sorry but that is terrible in anyone's book. In my mind he actually stole the investors money.....what else do you call it when you invest in something and the person doesn't put that money into we all invested in but something else....try dong that for say a construction job and see how quickly people try to sue you. Getgems app wasn't bricks and mortar but it was a virtual product we thought we were investing in.

If what you say is true, then it would make sense to merge the two companies, getgems and paykey, creating one powerful company. This would keep everyone happy. those in the beginning, plus new investors.

Getgems and PayKey are one and the same.

Dannyman likes to create his own reality:
In my mind he actually stole the investors money
Pages:
Jump to: