Pages:
Author

Topic: General Advice to someone new - page 3. (Read 2456 times)

Activity: 210
Merit: 100
Need To Contact Me? Go To My Site!
July 28, 2014, 04:22:51 PM
You can make a shit load of bitcoin if your good at marketing  Cool

legendary
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1000
Satoshi is rolling in his grave. #bitcoin
July 28, 2014, 04:21:24 PM
I am new to Bitcoin's and looking to get into them.  What is the main advice you wish someone would have told you when you started with Bitcoins?

If you are thinking about investing, understand this first;
you will look at it from one angle when you buy and own them, and from another point when u sell them, and you need to be able to controll yourself about that.
And make a plan on what you are going to do , when to sell , when to rebuy, and then stick to it, dont make panic decisions

good luck
legendary
Activity: 2338
Merit: 1204
The revolution will be digital
July 28, 2014, 03:02:57 PM
I am new to Bitcoin's and looking to get into them.  What is the main advice you wish someone would have told you when you started with Bitcoins?

The first and foremost thing that I'll tell u is Dont get into Alt Coin, however lucrative it seems like.
Activity: 615
Merit: 500
July 28, 2014, 01:54:47 PM
I am new to Bitcoin's and looking to get into them.

Welcome. Smiley

What is the main advice you wish someone would have told you when you started with Bitcoins?

Never ever waste time on faucets.
It took me a few days to figure out I has been wasting hours on them for earning a tiny fraction of the minimum wage...
legendary
Activity: 3066
Merit: 1147
The revolution will be monetized!
July 28, 2014, 01:29:45 PM
Try using bitcoin, not "investing" in bitcoin. While one can hold BTC and may see a rise in value, the real strength of it is utility. So don't waste time and money exchanging for fiat, instead just buy stuff when you want some profit taking.

Don't take or make loans.
Don't get side tracked with alt-coins or investment schemes. They are almost always a scam.
Don't use PayPal to buy or entertain any fantastic offers. Just set up an account at an exchange in your country and after buying move your bitcoins out of the exchange immediately. 

Storing bitcoins anywhere except your machine likely means that you do not really have bitcoins. Sole control of the private must be in your hands. There may be exceptions for small amounts in an online wallet. That allows you to use your phone to buy stuff, so it may be worth a small risk.

Lastly, Know that no one on Earth knows what the price will be in 10mins., much less next week or next month. Do not listen to people telling you it will go up/down. They do not know anything more than you do. They just have a bigger mouth. 
Activity: 36
Merit: 0
July 28, 2014, 01:10:40 PM
Pages:
Jump to: