Pages:
Author

Topic: generalt account hacked - page 2. (Read 718 times)

legendary
Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965
Terminated.
October 13, 2017, 04:51:46 PM
Is it just if a user email and password is changed so he deserves negative trust?
If so then many people will abuse it ,if someone changes his password then someone will make new account and start claiming that his account is hacked.
Wrong. I've said a combination of both, and it's trivial to prove that you're the original owner. If you plan to both change your email and password, you might as well prepare a staked address.

If he has given negative rating based on posting traits and behavioural writing the he must mention it in reference or comment.
Anyways i appreciate his caution as the account in question is dt account but not always all allegations are true and he might end up fighting like tman and ognasty at the end.
This one was the right call from KWH, whether you like it or not.

I would add today's date ASAP.
I think it is adequate as is, given the uniqueness of the message but yeah.
KWH
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1045
In Collateral I Trust.
October 13, 2017, 04:34:59 PM
I would add today's date ASAP.
Activity: 14
Merit: 0
October 13, 2017, 04:17:20 PM
Can you sign a message with: 1GENERAL7QdpxHezWzoToWGXpDX4XuLcR2

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.15472773

-----BEGIN BITCOIN SIGNED MESSAGE-----
Thank you KWH for finding a message with my address!
-----BEGIN SIGNATURE-----
1GENERAL7QdpxHezWzoToWGXpDX4XuLcR2
HGkqofsJnxDFpDZReOYxxp7ZDwBYK0zD8uLak0+3NTJmK1Cx4W/Q5Wqm5gDyCcGN1mNB4EuR4q8O7Bt2gsRfuOA=
-----END BITCOIN SIGNED MESSAGE-----

Activity: 76
Merit: 10
October 13, 2017, 02:52:20 PM

This user's email address was changed recently.
This user changed his/her password recently.

Is it just if a user email and password is changed so he deserves negative trust?
If so then many people will abuse it ,if someone changes his password then someone will make new account and start claiming that his account is hacked.
If he has given negative rating based on posting traits and behavioural writing the he must mention it in reference or comment.
Anyways i appreciate his caution as the account in question is dt account but not always all allegations are true and he might end up fighting like tman and ognasty at the end.
legendary
Terminated.
October 13, 2017, 02:45:23 PM
User KWH  you should not give negative feedback because you feel some might be hacked. IF OP proves he is real user then only you should proceed. Just see how user lauda proceed in such scenarios.
If this continue the ever other day someone change his email tgen some random man will come up and say that he is tge real owner of the account and you dumb will add your feedback to it.
You are in DT so you should use your power judicially just like other users do. Ex : lauda.
I don't see anything wrong with his feedback. Given the data that we've gathered over the last few months/years, the following:

This user's email address was changed recently.
This user changed his/her password recently.
appearing at the same time ended up being a hacked/stolen/purchased account in the super majority of cases. Sometimes it is combined with a very noticeable change in writing. For example, I've tagged someone today who had the following two and started writing Indonesian suddenly even though they were usually writing English & German. The account mentioned in this thread is much more dangerous as it has both trusted and unstrusted positive ratings.
Activity: 76
Merit: 10
October 13, 2017, 02:41:24 PM

User KWH  you should not give negative feedback because you feel some might be hacked. IF OP proves he is real user then only you should proceed. Just see how user lauda proceed in such scenarios.
If this continue the ever other day someone change his email tgen some random man will come up and say that he is tge real owner of the account and you dumb will add your feedback to it.
You are in DT so you should use your power judicially just like other users do. Ex : lauda.
KWH
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1045
In Collateral I Trust.
October 13, 2017, 02:30:41 PM

legendary
Terminated.
October 13, 2017, 02:29:29 PM
Would've been nice but I just did a forum search for the address and nothing came up.  Thanks for the idea though.
Here:
1GSWemBs3EE9v63yxzyXYa1CQ7tnoCvLwh: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.12212041

That's the only one that I managed to find.
October 13, 2017, 02:21:10 PM
You need to sign a message from a staked address posted from that account otherwise this thread/report is useless.

I sent a signed message to him with the BTC address that was in my signature, but this morning whoever hacked the account removed that BTC address so I'm guessing I'm not getting that account back but at least if people search for any information on that account they can find this and know that the account was hacked.

Didn't anyone ever quote your Bitcoin address when you posted It? If so, it really doesn't matter if the hacker has deleted your post, as it would still be preserved in a quote anyway.

Would've been nice but I just did a forum search for the address and nothing came up.  Thanks for the idea though.
copper member
Activity: 686
Merit: 603
Electricity is really just organized lightning
October 13, 2017, 11:59:34 AM
You need to sign a message from a staked address posted from that account otherwise this thread/report is useless.

I sent a signed message to him with the BTC address that was in my signature, but this morning whoever hacked the account removed that BTC address so I'm guessing I'm not getting that account back but at least if people search for any information on that account they can find this and know that the account was hacked.

Didn't anyone ever quote your Bitcoin address when you posted It? If so, it really doesn't matter if the hacker has deleted your post, as it would still be preserved in a quote anyway.
October 13, 2017, 11:37:17 AM

legendary
Terminated.
October 13, 2017, 11:31:22 AM
October 13, 2017, 11:16:23 AM
This is just to let everybody know that my former account generalt has been hacked.  Somebody else now has control of it.  I sent a PM to theymos but I never heard back from him.  Unfortunately they changed the BTC address of my original account so now the signed message that I sent the theymos to prove the account was mine is probably useless.  Please do no do any business with generalt https://bitcointalksearch.org/user/generalt-354479.  I will post back here if I am able to get my account back.  

October 12, 2017, 03:25:27 PM - generalt - password changed

That was not me.   Angry
Pages:
Jump to: