Pages:
Author

Topic: Generate an address - page 3. (Read 3036 times)

Activity: 728
Merit: 500
September 10, 2013, 06:23:51 AM
Hi Basically I would like to open my own savings wallets without worrying about it.  These will be cold storage with the private key written in code that only myself or family know.
I only have a mac laptop that I have used for many many things that I could not trust 100% in order to generate an address on. Without actually buying a new laptop and using an off line www.bitaddress.org to generate an address please can someone tell me the most secure way of generating an address and private key for cold storage please?

Create a bootable Linux USB stick, use that to boot your laptop, open bitaddress.org, disconnect from the internet, generate the address and write it down / print it in whatever way you want.
legendary
Activity: 1372
Merit: 1000
September 10, 2013, 06:07:19 AM
Hi Basically I would like to open my own savings wallets without worrying about it.  These will be cold storage with the private key written in code that only myself or family know.
I only have a mac laptop that I have used for many many things that I could not trust 100% in order to generate an address on. Without actually buying a new laptop and using an off line www.bitaddress.org to generate an address please can someone tell me the most secure way of generating an address and private key for cold storage please?
Pages:
Jump to: