Pages:
Author

Topic: Generating Bitcoins with your video card (OpenCL/CUDA) - page 3. (Read 135316 times)

legendary
Activity: 1470
Merit: 1005
Bringing Legendary Har® to you since 1952
can you please post the ebuild?

I deleted it already and now i have to re-do it again.
It may take a day or 2.
joe
Activity: 64
Merit: 10
Activity: 73
Merit: 10
Any chance of anyone posting compiled binaries for windows? I'm still having a hell of a time trying to get anything to compile  Huh
Activity: 8
Merit: 0
UPDATE:

I compiled it successfully using a modified ebuild.
It launches and seems to generally work, but at the same speed as normal.

I have 195.36.24 version of NVIDIA drivers (too old perhaps ?).

I guess i will wait for the official CUDA build.
can you please post the ebuild?
legendary
Do you use CUDA-enabled driver or regular one?

It seems I used the normal driver....
Everything is clear now.
Activity: 185
Merit: 100
Do you use CUDA-enabled driver or regular one?
legendary
Yeah i tried using the -gpu switch, nothing happened. Well, actually perhaps something happened - i think the speed was cut in half - i had only 2200khash/sec instead of normal 4500khash/sec or 8500 khash/sec (-4way switch).

I guess then will try the new drivers tomorrow.
LZ
legendary
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1072
P2P Cryptocurrency
You should use the latest driver version. Did you use -gpu switch?
legendary
UPDATE:

I compiled it successfully using a modified ebuild.
It launches and seems to generally work, but at the same speed as normal.

I have 195.36.24 version of NVIDIA drivers (too old perhaps ?).

I guess i will wait for the official CUDA build.
legendary
Nah, still can't compile it.

Successfully emerged cuda-toolkit, patched source (rev 158), used the CMake files (also a success), but compilation fails with following errors:

Code:
bitcoin-svn-rev-158 # make bitcoind
-- Found BerkeleyDB: /usr/lib64/libdb.so
-- Configuring done
-- Generating done
-- Build files have been written to: /home/Bitcoin/bitcoin-svn-rev-158
[  5%] Building NVCC (Device) object cmake-bitcoind/./bitcoind_generated_bitcoinminercuda.cu.o
Scanning dependencies of target bitcoind
[ 11%] Building CXX object cmake-bitcoind/CMakeFiles/bitcoind.dir/__/src/db.cpp.o
In file included from /home/Bitcoin/bitcoin-svn-rev-158/src/db.cpp:5:
/home/Bitcoin/bitcoin-svn-rev-158/src/headers.h:45:20: error: db_cxx.h: Nie ma takiego pliku ani katalogu
In file included from /home/Bitcoin/bitcoin-svn-rev-158/src/headers.h:123,
                 from /home/Bitcoin/bitcoin-svn-rev-158/src/db.cpp:5:
/home/Bitcoin/bitcoin-svn-rev-158/src/db.h:26: error: ‘DbEnv’ does not name a type
/home/Bitcoin/bitcoin-svn-rev-158/src/db.h:37: error: ISO C++ forbids declaration of ‘Db’ with no type
/home/Bitcoin/bitcoin-svn-rev-158/src/db.h:37: error: expected ‘;’ before ‘*’ token
/home/Bitcoin/bitcoin-svn-rev-158/src/db.h:39: error: ‘DbTxn’ was not declared in this scope
/home/Bitcoin/bitcoin-svn-rev-158/src/db.h:39: error: template argument 1 is invalid
/home/Bitcoin/bitcoin-svn-rev-158/src/db.h:39: error: template argument 2 is invalid
/home/Bitcoin/bitcoin-svn-rev-158/src/db.h:152: error: ISO C++ forbids declaration of ‘Dbc’ with no type
/home/Bitcoin/bitcoin-svn-rev-158/src/db.h:152: error: expected ‘;’ before ‘*’ token
/home/Bitcoin/bitcoin-svn-rev-158/src/db.h:163: error: expected `;' before ‘int’
/home/Bitcoin/bitcoin-svn-rev-158/src/db.h:163: error: ‘Dbc’ has not been declared
/home/Bitcoin/bitcoin-svn-rev-158/src/db.h:202: error: ISO C++ forbids declaration of ‘DbTxn’ with no type
/home/Bitcoin/bitcoin-svn-rev-158/src/db.h:202: error: expected ‘;’ before ‘*’ token
/home/Bitcoin/bitcoin-svn-rev-158/src/db.h:210: error: expected `;' before ‘public’
/home/Bitcoin/bitcoin-svn-rev-158/src/db.h:163: error: ‘DB_NEXT’ was not declared in this scope
/home/Bitcoin/bitcoin-svn-rev-158/src/db.h: In member function ‘bool CDB::Read(const K&, T&)’:
/home/Bitcoin/bitcoin-svn-rev-158/src/db.h:54: error: ‘pdb’ was not declared in this scope
/home/Bitcoin/bitcoin-svn-rev-158/src/db.h:61: error: ‘Dbt’ was not declared in this scope
(...)
(...)

Any ideas what's wrong ?

I run an AMD64 Gentoo.

Code:
Linux tuxhost 2.6.34-gentoo-r2 #2 SMP Fri Jul 23 11:42:01 CEST 2010 x86_64 AMD Phenom(tm) 9850 Quad-Core Processor AuthenticAMD GNU/Linux
Activity: 103
Merit: 17
Here's some CMake build files to make compiling this easier.  Just put the bitcoin source in the src directory and run cmake on the top level directory.  You can compile the GUI and/or the daemon with or without CUDA.

CMake files
LZ
legendary
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1072
P2P Cryptocurrency
Hmm.. I am unable to download the full source...
I downloaded it successfully today. You may try get it from my ftp server.

...anyone who was able to download and build this release?
May be if will be free time to do it.
eurekafag, can you build a 64-bit version?
I can't because I use 32-bit only OS'es and see no reasons to use 64 bits for now. AFAIK 32-bit gcc can't crosscompile 64-bit binaries.
Activity: 7
Merit: 0
Here's the latest version of my CUDA client.  I've added some options to fine tune performance, and to allow multiple clients to run on the same machine to utilize more than one CUDA device.

full source

Hmm.. I am unable to download the full source...

Quote from: MediaFire
NOTICE: No servers are currently available with the requested data on them. Please retry your request in a moment.

...anyone who was able to download and build this release?
Activity: 103
Merit: 17
Here's the latest version of my CUDA client.  I've added some options to fine tune performance, and to allow multiple clients to run on the same machine to utilize more than one CUDA device.

Other than -gpu, these are optional when using the CUDA miner.
  • -gpu=X
    • Turns on GPU processing on specific GPU device.  Indexes start at 0.  If you just use -gpu without =X it will pick the device with the max GFlops.
  • -aggression=X
    • Specifies how many hashes (2^X) per kernel thread will be calculated.  Default is 6.  It starts at 1 and goes to 32, with each successive number meaning double the number of hashes.  Sane values are 1 to 12 or maybe 14 if you have some super card.
  • -gpugrid=X
    • Specifies what the grid size of the kernel should be.  Useful for fine tuning hash rate.
  • -gputhreads=X
    • Specifies how many threads per kernel invocation should run.  Useful for fine tuning hash rate.
  • -port=X
    • Specifies the port that bitcoin will listen on
  • -rpcport=X
    • Specifies the port that the rpc server will listen on

patch against SVN 158
full source
legendary
Activity: 3878
Merit: 1193
eurekafag, can you build a 64-bit version?
Yes, that should be easy if you're C++/Boost/BerkeleyDB/CUDA developer and already have all those libraries and SDKs (or at least built BitCoin once). I did not — I prefer python so had to go through it all and discover how to build. I didn't modify makefiles before (because didn't write C/C++ code on linux). So it all took several days to learn. If you have all these skills it definitely would be easy to build and there is no reason to use prebuilt binary (especially if it doesn't run because of missing library or version). You can check it before launching using «ldd bitcoin» or «ldd bitcoind», if there is no «not found» lines then it should work.
legendary
Activity: 1540
Merit: 1001
Thank you!

Yesterday I've built on linux for the first time (I don't do GUI though) and it was a breeze. So anyone that has a cuda enabled device but doesn't want to use eurekafag's binary should have no trouble getting it compiled, but if you can't/won't, then major kudos to eurekafag for putting this out.
Ok, here is a linux build of GUI and CLI clients with CUDA patch by nelisky upon his request on russian forum. Take some precautions and backup your bitcoin data because after this version the official 0.3.12 build refuses to work with the database. Although this build works fine all the time then. wxWidgets are linked statically and the only unusual dependence is libcudart.so.3 (you can get it from NVIDIA CUDA section. Also you should install CUDA developers drivers.

It may not work in your distribution because of different library versions. I personally built it on OpenSuSE 11.3. The modified makefile.unix is included but it should be corrected to point to your build directories of boost and wxWidgets. Also you will need to install Berkeley DB from Oracle site (registration there is required). It's not an easy way because of lots of libraries and it would be quite easy if sqlite and GTK have been adopted instead of BDB and wxWidgets. But I tried to make this process at least possible providing that makefile.unix so you need only to create the build environment by compiling that libraries.

If you trust me then just use these binaries. I promise there are no malware or stealware (like in puddinpops build which steal coins upon generation). But you're not obliged to trust me of course.
legendary
Activity: 1540
Merit: 1001
I am not a programmer, so excuse my dumb question: In a future version, can us common folk expect to see the bitcoin program recognize that I have the right video card, and have the option of generating with it, or is this going to be limited to those who can play code?

It depends on what us, the programmers, are willing to do. Some of us will require coins for our effort, some of us just need to manage time, I personally am bound by the latter and would appreciate help in getting the hardware to test outside my laptop. I almost got it, but then puddinpop's ransom was paid and everything is good now... isn't it?? :p
Pages:
Jump to: