Pages:
Author

Topic: Geopolitics and Crypto - page 2. (Read 1050 times)

legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1009
February 04, 2016, 05:05:19 PM
I don't think anyone in front of any government would/will buy Bitcoin in the name of their government or country. Some may do it at a personal level and in an undisclosed way, though, why not?

I don't think governments buying into Bitcoin is a good idea... I hope they don't even touch it in any way.
Activity: 211
Merit: 100
February 04, 2016, 04:51:23 PM
It would be fun to see a national bank (state owned) publishing the increase in holdings to various assets with the addition of Bitcoin on the list.
A well known country with diverse holdings like Switzerland with its huge stake in Apple could perhaps dip a toe.
Gold stockpiles are reported although one could guess not every country publishes its stake very accurately.
Is it possible that some clever finance ministers start accumulating and perhaps don't bother with putting it on the books? Is it even possible to buy in any reasonable quantities?
It could fail, but if it doesn't, they could buy a huge stake of power in international finance for pocket money. That would require the dreams of the Church of Satoshi coming true.

Just remember that countries last a long time and can hodl for a long time.

Crypto-revolution antifragility V CHECK

It would be very embarrassing to show they bought into an obsolete money with hard earned and taxed cash.
Pages:
Jump to: