Pages:
Author

Topic: Georgia Becomes First Country to Register Property on Blockchain - page 2. (Read 1114 times)

Activity: 1470
Merit: 655
i opened this up thinking this is another one of those articles saying blockchain and has nothing to do with bitcoin but it seems like i was wrong.
i am still a little bit skeptical of why they chose bitcoin blockchain for that. but it is always good to hear a real world usage for bitcoin.

well if I'm not wrong georgia is also one of the main mining countries of bitcoin also they host a lot of bitcoin nodes... so...

you are correct sir, they have a very big percentage of the hashrate these days.
Activity: 364
Merit: 250
From my twitter feed:

Georgia Becomes First Country to Register Property on Blockchain

On Tuesday, in Tbilisi, the government of Georgia signed an agreement to use the Bitcoin Blockchain to verify property transactions.

Last April, the Georgian government and Bitcoin company BitFury initiated a project to record land titles on the Blockchain.

This is the first time a national government is using the Blockchain to safeguard and authenticate state operations, therefore ushering in a belief in the technology that has wrongfully been painted black.

https://cointelegraph.com/news/georgia-becomes-first-country-to-register-property-on-blockchain

Another step towards mainstream acceptance, but the involvement of Bitfury is a bit worrying...
Activity: 308
Merit: 250
well if I'm not wrong georgia is also one of the main mining countries of bitcoin also they host a lot of bitcoin nodes... so...
Activity: 1764
Merit: 584
I hope other countries, especially the less developed ones like the one I live in need to follow this. There are actually people here going around with fake titles to claim land who's titles are missing because of stuff like the land registration office burning down. I somehow feel that those people are in cahoots with those that work for government agencies that keep the records since there's no way they would know which records got destroyed. With blockchain they'll find it harder to go one with this practice.
legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1009
No doubts on who owns what now... No excuses for archives about that getting destroyed or error in the states digital achieves. Nice initiative Smiley
legendary
Activity: 3080
Merit: 1353
From my twitter feed:

Georgia Becomes First Country to Register Property on Blockchain

On Tuesday, in Tbilisi, the government of Georgia signed an agreement to use the Bitcoin Blockchain to verify property transactions.

Last April, the Georgian government and Bitcoin company BitFury initiated a project to record land titles on the Blockchain.

This is the first time a national government is using the Blockchain to safeguard and authenticate state operations, therefore ushering in a belief in the technology that has wrongfully been painted black.

https://cointelegraph.com/news/georgia-becomes-first-country-to-register-property-on-blockchain
Pages:
Jump to: