Pages:
Author

Topic: German retail bank announces negative interest rates - page 2. (Read 2503 times)

Activity: 700
Merit: 100
Soon this will affect all non-bitcoin users. Bitcoin is not fad. It is serious future.  Cool

The protocol is, maybe not bitcoin in its current state and form.

I think in the next few years a new payment processor similar to bitcoin will take over.
legendary
Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000
You're joking, right? Bitcoin has lost 70% this year, and it has volatility up to 15% a day. How is that superior?
No. I don't think you understood what I wrote. I said it was a reason. I didn't say anyone should buy Bitcoin, or that it had been the best investment in recent months.
What I did say is that Bitcoin is superior over this kind of bank deposit in as much as you don't get penalised merely for storing it.

Activity: 1246
Merit: 261
★ Investor | Trader | Promoter
Berlin (dpa) - A German retail bank announced Wednesday negative interest rates for big deposits, meaning it will charge 0.25 per cent to keep the customer‘s money if an account goes over 500,000 euros (635,000 dollars).
http://en.europeonline-magazine.eu/german-retail-bank-announces-negative-interest-rates_361835.html

Another reason why Bitcoin is a superior place to store wealth

You're joking, right? Bitcoin has lost 70% this year, and it has volatility up to 15% a day. How is that superior?
legendary
Activity: 1386
Merit: 1016
The problem is that the bitcoin price is too volatile and the conversion rate to fiat is decreasing so end up the total value of their bitcoin holding in terms of fiat is still losing. There is still no strong reason to incentivize ppl to hold bitcoin.
Activity: 658
Merit: 500
Soon this will affect all non-bitcoin users. Bitcoin is not fad. It is serious future.  Cool
legendary
Activity: 1008
Merit: 1001
Let the chips fall where they may.
About 10 years ago, I experimented with a negative interest personal loan. The person had little incentive to make payments Tongue

The reason I was interested in trying such a thing was to prove my Economics Professor wrong when he said negative interest rates are essentially impossible. Little did I know, I simply had to wait~13 years for actual banks to do it.
legendary
Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000
Berlin (dpa) - A German retail bank announced Wednesday negative interest rates for big deposits, meaning it will charge 0.25 per cent to keep the customer‘s money if an account goes over 500,000 euros (635,000 dollars).
http://en.europeonline-magazine.eu/german-retail-bank-announces-negative-interest-rates_361835.html

Another reason why Bitcoin is a superior place to store wealth
Pages:
Jump to: