Pages:
Author

Topic: Germany may slap capital controls on Greece - page 2. (Read 1618 times)

Activity: 770
Merit: 509
It all depends on how much leverage hedge funds and others may have wrapped up in those 'wrong side of the trade' deals. I haven't heard anyone talk about or give a number about how levered anyone is to any trades around Greece.
legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 1005
★Nitrogensports.eu★
The Greek Government's gamble with the future of its country / Europe doesn't seem to be working.
The IMF and Germany have hardened their stand. A Grexit doesn't seem so unlikely now.

what future you are talking about, rising debt service until eternity?
The only real solution is that Greece will leave Eurozone and go back to their own currency. It probably won't happen though because politicians are pussies and would rather keep appearances.
If we accept that Greece is bankrupt and is beyond repair this whole mess would end, instead we have this show of never ending dialog about another batch of credits, social funds and help.

Activity: 597
Merit: 500
The Greek Government's gamble with the future of its country / Europe doesn't seem to be working.
The IMF and Germany have hardened their stand. A Grexit doesn't seem so unlikely now.

what future you are talking about, rising debt service until eternity?
legendary
Activity: 1554
Merit: 1026
★Nitrogensports.eu★
legendary
Activity: 2912
Merit: 1852

Yes, I know that everyone has been screaming about Greece since 2010 without anything happening.  But, *maybe* we may be nearing a denouement:

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2015-06-15/eurozone-impose-capital-controls-greece-if-no-deal-weekend-german-press

Then again, maybe not!

But, the ATMs there in Greece have been busy lately.  Were I Greek, I would be taking money out of the bank as quickly as possible.  And getting some of it out of Greece, and into things like BTC and gold.  Bitcoin is very mobile, and done right, hard to track.
Pages:
Jump to: