Pages:
Author

Topic: Germany's First STO - Your thoughts? - page 3. (Read 1024 times)

Activity: 1092
Merit: 117
May 07, 2019, 01:26:15 PM
STO is a rebrand of ICO with some upgrades made regarding the security of investors and their money. Honestly I've never participated in one of those projects and don't know exactly how they work but from what I can see they are somewhat better than ICOs even though scams are still possible here and your money are not 100% safe. I think we'll have to wait a few more months until we can take a decesion about STO and how good they are.
Activity: 812
Merit: 11
May 07, 2019, 07:34:54 AM
Hello everyone,

Recently I discovered this STO called Bitbond. They are Germany's first STO with a BaFin (Bundesanstalt für Finanzdienstleistungsaufsicht. It is the German financial regulation authority) approved Prospectus and will be using BitGo’s Business Wallet. I am curious what you think about the project. Do you think STO's are the next evolution in ICOs? Or just a rename? You can look at the article below.  

https://www.bitbond.com/resources/bitbond-works-with-bitgo

Also if you want to visit their website, you can do that by clicking here - https://www.bitbondsto.com

They have already raised 1.8 million Euros according to their website and they are in their fundraising phase.

If this STO already registered in BaFin, i think its good investment and legit cryptocurrency. Not many token registered in financial institution and  its not wondering if already raised 1.8million euros. About IEO or STO, its about held by exchanger and security token registered by regulator
Activity: 714
Merit: 251
May 06, 2019, 04:10:12 PM
Hello everyone,

Recently I discovered this STO called Bitbond. They are Germany's first STO with a BaFin (Bundesanstalt für Finanzdienstleistungsaufsicht. It is the German financial regulation authority) approved Prospectus and will be using BitGo’s Business Wallet. I am curious what you think about the project. Do you think STO's are the next evolution in ICOs? Or just a rename? You can look at the article below.  

Also if you want to visit their website, you can do that by clicking here - https://www.bitbondsto.com

They have already raised 1.8 million Euros according to their website and they are in their fundraising phase.

I am not usually fascinated about country of origin. I don't see it as a major factor to determine the success of a project. STOs are still Overrated and none has shown its worth till date. I rather prefer ICOs/IEOs, buy my coin and trade it for profits
Activity: 406
Merit: 11
May 06, 2019, 03:29:05 PM
To make STO much more difficult than ICO, the project may face a huge number of problems and regulators.Honestly, I would have avoided this project. maybe I'm wrong, it's everyone's business.
Activity: 2240
Merit: 270
SOL.BIOKRIPT.COM
May 06, 2019, 12:15:30 PM
No matter what form of token sale cryptostartup offers. The main factor of success is whether the token has a real use. If it is utility token, then you can be sure that it doesnt have any use.  Smiley
those ideas looks like diversion to me when the markets was down. They have not made any new impression with the STO idea. however, we have not seen more of STO in the market like we expect. Like you said the success is in the use case that can drive the demand volume of the token
copper member
Activity: 224
Merit: 1
May 06, 2019, 12:02:43 PM
Hello everyone,

That looks so crazy to see untrusted platform gets a license from the regulators, STO is not even comparable with ico and IEO people are still choosing ICO rather than STO. Bitbond is such a disgrace in the STO industry about how the platform with a bunch of complaints can run STO. You should check the official announcement and you will see that.

I don't know why people even bother on STO. Less people talk about it and am yet to understand the value it adds to the crypto space. People still prefer ICOs and IEO
Activity: 807
Merit: 251
World's First Crowd Owned Cryptocurrency Exchange
May 06, 2019, 11:30:36 AM
No matter what form of token sale cryptostartup offers. The main factor of success is whether the token has a real use. If it is utility token, then you can be sure that it doesnt have any use.  Smiley
Well, the BNB token is also a token that is used only on the stock exchange and it has no other use than to reduce the commission, but in spite of this the price is constantly increasing
Activity: 560
Merit: 119
May 06, 2019, 11:14:54 AM
Activity: 54
May 06, 2019, 06:53:06 AM
Great article, thanks for sharing the content with the community.

I think IEOs are the hot thing right now, nobody is talking about STOs. This project does look very interesting though, i will keep an eye on it.
Activity: 1848
Merit: 298
Buzz App - Spin wheel, farm rewards
May 03, 2019, 08:54:50 AM
Bitbond has been a leader in P2P loans for quite a time but like every other p2p sites, they faced many problems specially from the borrowers due to the fluctuation of price of bitcoin. If you visit the site now, there are no listings. Either they are shifting their strategy from P2P lending to some other financial strategy or it's just another exit scam.
Activity: 770
Merit: 102
Matrix Built On An Ethereum Smart Contract
May 03, 2019, 08:52:42 AM
Security Token Offerings are only likely to solve one kind of fraud. The kind where the people running the project turn out to be completely fictional. It will do nothing to save you from inexperienced operators that promise more than they can deliver or people who will raise money just to pay themselves a salary while running down the money raised without doing much to complete the project. Don't let it lull you into a false sense of security. You still have to conduct your own due diligence.
Activity: 602
Merit: 12
May 03, 2019, 08:50:54 AM
Fundamentally, an STO is an ICO that complies with securities laws
and make it more secure to investor
look like it will be great movement from bitbond
Activity: 79
Merit: 5
May 02, 2019, 09:00:55 AM
I've invested in all three (ICOs, STOs and IEOs) and they are all flawed. It really depends on the project. I would suggest that if anyone is looking to invest they do their home first.

It doesn't matter what classification they are in, if the project is bad, it will fail. I like the fact they are trying to evolve it though.

This project looks interesting though, They have raised a lot and they are still in the fundraising stage.
Activity: 560
Merit: 109
April 30, 2019, 01:54:03 PM
I think this is another step towards full control over the crypto-market, a free decentralized market is an impossible dream.
legendary
Activity: 2982
Merit: 1069
April 30, 2019, 01:41:22 PM
I'd blindly trust them. Bitbond had been here for quite a long and had done a good business for a long period of time.
But a fixed 4% per annum and probability of getting 4% more won't lure me to invest in it.
There are many other options that provides better return of investment.
Activity: 82
April 30, 2019, 01:38:11 PM
Hello everyone,

It's a decent looking project (The one mentioned above) but honestly I don't see that much of a difference between ICOs and STOs it's the same horse with a different name. Always focus on the project itself, not if it's an ICO, STO or an IEO.

They are raising as well, according to their site they have already raised over 2 million Euros, and they still have 10 days to keep raising, looks a successful project especially in the current market.
Activity: 2128
Merit: 530
PredX - AI-Powered Prediction Market
April 29, 2019, 05:39:40 PM
For me I still don't understand the noise surround all these STOs arrangement, they must be having high  potential to succeed in the space, when there you are a Doctor PHD, Developers most of them are not rely offering something juicy to investors  to make people drop ICOs and now IEO for STO
Activity: 515
Merit: 12
April 29, 2019, 04:07:29 PM
Hello everyone,

Very interesting news, it looks like the crypto world winckles to the german authorities, i wonder what will happen next, perhaps Germany will become a paradise for altcoins? Tongue
Activity: 630
Merit: 10
April 29, 2019, 03:57:18 PM
Will  Bitgo still be a "cryptocurrency" under government regulations?  I don't think it'll qualify as a cryptocurrency with this alone. It can't be a proper blockchain and be regulated at thesame time by government
in any case, I am very pleased with the conversations at the G-20 summit regarding cryptocurrency, where Germany is not the last.  Of course, the fact that the government controls cryptocurrency will be alarming, but we must understand that the blockchain will be introduced into all spheres of human activity, including the emergence of a certain cryptocurrency.  In addition, you can take to the attention of the decision of some States of America, which recognized certain cryptocurrencies as digital securities, including digital assets. 
Ucy
Activity: 2632
Merit: 403
Bisq is a Bitcoin Fiat Dex. Use responsibly
April 28, 2019, 12:41:40 PM
Will  Bitgo still be a "cryptocurrency" under government regulations?  I don't think it'll qualify as a cryptocurrency with this alone. It can't be a proper blockchain and be regulated at thesame time by government
Pages:
Jump to: