Pages:
Author

Topic: Get out of newbie jail while helping Bitcoin! (Info inside) - page 2. (Read 2577 times)

Activity: 7
Merit: 0
Thanks, it is a cool store idea
Activity: 56
The left nav of the site needs a little work. It just goes crazy when I go over it. Perhaps activate it by a click or add a bit of a delay for the expand action.
Good thought! I forwarded it along.

Keep the suggestions coming guys!
How come the site is so slow? Why only sell physical stuff? You could sell vpses and such.
There are other sites that sell VPS. We sell electronics. That's our niche and what we're trying to market to people. If we offered everything, it'd be distracting.

The site is slow because it is in beta. We'll be making it much faster soon.
legendary
Activity: 1094
Merit: 1006
The left nav of the site needs a little work. It just goes crazy when I go over it. Perhaps activate it by a click or add a bit of a delay for the expand action.

How come the site is so slow? Why only sell physical stuff? You could sell vpses and such.
Activity: 174
Merit: 100

legendary
Activity: 1094
Merit: 1006
Activity: 20
I presume he means up your post count via his thread. I think you need 5 posts and 4 hours logged time to get out of jail.
Activity: 37
So wait, how does this get out of newbie jail? If you buy something you get whitelisted?
htc
Activity: 14
I wanna let you help me.

Smiley
Activity: 7
I took a look at your site. Probably one of the better bitcoin e-commerce sites I've come across so far. And the prices are about spot on what I'd expect to pay for most of it.
I'd be interested in hearing how things work out - I'd like to reach out to the bitpay community as well, would be interested in hearing some of the things you've tried.

(On that note - are there any bitcoin-related bloggers out there we can turn into affiliates/give merch to?)

R

Are you launching a store yourself? If so, send me a PM and I can give you a couple pointers.

Cheers,
-Jon
Activity: 22
Activity: 17
I'd be interested in hearing how things work out - I'd like to reach out to the bitpay community as well, would be interested in hearing some of the things you've tried.

(On that note - are there any bitcoin-related bloggers out there we can turn into affiliates/give merch to?)

R
Hmmm. Interesting.

How are you getting the word out?

R

For now we're working on getting out of beta. Some decent ad campaigns will be undertaken though.

We have a couple of tricks hidden up our sleeve as well Wink
what's the purpose of this.. hwy not just buy using cash? what's the incentive of being anonymous when purchasing these goods?
We're the first Bitcoin website that uses the irreversibility of Bitcoin payments to make purchasing goods actually cheaper in Bitcoin.
Activity: 8
That's one pretty sweet website Smiley
legendary
Activity: 4326
Merit: 3041
Vile Vixen and Miss Bitcointalk 2021-2023
what's the purpose of this.. hwy not just buy using cash? what's the incentive of being anonymous when purchasing these goods?
Seriously? The purpose of this is that buying things online is more convenient than having to go all the way to a store. Naturally, you can't pay cash when shopping online, so some sort of electronic payment system is required. And Bitcoin is faster and has lower fees than any other electronic payment system on the planet. That's the incentive. You're not anonymous when purchasing these goods as your name and address is needed to deliver them.
Pages:
Jump to: