Pages:
Author

Topic: Get YOUR initials minted on the NEW 2016 Bitcoin Penny™ commemorative coin! - page 3. (Read 4249 times)

legendary
Activity: 2210
Merit: 1109
Interesting fact, there are 46656 combinations that could be added to this coin if using a standard 26 letter alphabet, 10 numerals and 3 placeholders.

1.7 million roughly if using 4 placeholders Cheesy

*NOTE: This auction is for our standard mint coin only, which comprises the majority of our 2016 Bitcoin Penny™ commemorative coins. In addition to our standard mint coin, we will also be minting an EXTREMELY LIMITED special mint coin with the initials "SN" (for Satoshi Nakamoto) below the date. We hope this RARE and SPECIAL coin variation adds a little of the classic "coin roll hunting" fun to the Bitcoin Penny™ experience. Our 2016 Short Rolls (20 coins) will each contain 19 standard mint coins (with auction winner's initials) plus one (1) special mint SN coin, while our new 2016 Classic Roll (40 coins) will each contain 38 standard mint coins (with auction winner's initials) plus two (2) special mint SN coins. In addition, we will be producing new 2016 Limited Edition Rolls which will each contain FORTY (40) of our special mint SN coins. Production of our 2016 Limited Edition Rolls will be limited to ten (10) rolls only. Once again, this auction is for our standard mint coins only, which will comprise the majority of our 2016 Bitcoin Penny™ commemorative coins.

It looks like this should answer your question

It doesn't for me, I doesn't say you actualy win a (or several) standard mint coin(s). The way I read it is what you win is that your initials will be minted on all standard 2016 coins, not that you will win/receive any of these coins.
legendary
Activity: 2184
Merit: 1118
Lie down. Have a cookie
Interesting fact, there are 46656 combinations that could be added to this coin if using a standard 26 letter alphabet, 10 numerals and 3 placeholders.

1.7 million roughly if using 4 placeholders Cheesy

*NOTE: This auction is for our standard mint coin only, which comprises the majority of our 2016 Bitcoin Penny™ commemorative coins. In addition to our standard mint coin, we will also be minting an EXTREMELY LIMITED special mint coin with the initials "SN" (for Satoshi Nakamoto) below the date. We hope this RARE and SPECIAL coin variation adds a little of the classic "coin roll hunting" fun to the Bitcoin Penny™ experience. Our 2016 Short Rolls (20 coins) will each contain 19 standard mint coins (with auction winner's initials) plus one (1) special mint SN coin, while our new 2016 Classic Roll (40 coins) will each contain 38 standard mint coins (with auction winner's initials) plus two (2) special mint SN coins. In addition, we will be producing new 2016 Limited Edition Rolls which will each contain FORTY (40) of our special mint SN coins. Production of our 2016 Limited Edition Rolls will be limited to ten (10) rolls only. Once again, this auction is for our standard mint coins only, which will comprise the majority of our 2016 Bitcoin Penny™ commemorative coins.

It looks like this should answer your question
legendary
Activity: 3206
Merit: 3596
I have a question...

If you win the auction, your 3 initials are minted on the 2016 coins and you get 1 roll of the special SN coins. But you don't get a (roll) of the 2016 coin(s) with your initials???

You could always just change your name  Tongue

That is not what I mean. You win the auction and you will receive a roll of SN-coins but NO 2016 coin(s) with your initials on it, you have to buy those.?..

Hmm.... maybe he will be nice and toss in a complimentary roll!! Wink
legendary
I have a question...

If you win the auction, your 3 initials are minted on the 2016 coins and you get 1 roll of the special SN coins. But you don't get a (roll) of the 2016 coin(s) with your initials???

That is not what I mean. You win the auction and you will receive a roll of SN-coins but NO 2016 coin(s) with your initials on it, you have to buy those.?..
legendary
Activity: 3206
Merit: 3596
I have a question...

legendary
I have a question...

legendary
Activity: 2676
Merit: 2203
BitcoinPenny.com
roughly 8 cents a coin if 2000 minted seems more than fair for everyone to have a little GIGL  Cheesy

That's funny stuff. Grin

And now for a Saturday afternoon bump...

Remember, folks...only seven (7) days left in the auction, and so far IBGigglin is the high bidder @ .4 BTC!

Good luck, everyone! Smiley

Regards,
Me
legendary
Activity: 910
Merit: 1006
BCH Advocate.
roughly 8 cents a coin if 2000 minted seems more than fair for everyone to have a little GIGL  Cheesy
copper member
Activity: 3948
Merit: 2201
Verified awesomeness ✔
legendary
BitcoinPenny.com
copper member
Activity: 3948
Merit: 2201
Verified awesomeness ✔
legendary
BitcoinPenny.com
Or if dozerz wins, our NEW 2016 Bitcoin Penny™ commemorative coin may look like this... Wink

Good luck, dozerz!

Regards,
Me
legendary
BCH Advocate.
legendary
Activity: 2238
Merit: 1057
legendary
BitcoinPenny.com
legendary
BitcoinPenny.com
So technically 'TRUMP' wouldn't fit on the coin? Grin

LOL Now that's funny, my friend. Grin

Me
legendary
Activity: 2198
Merit: 1989
฿uy ฿itcoin
What is the max amount of characters?

Great question!

Traditionally, you'll find either two (2) or three (3) characters minted on U.S. coins which represent the initials of the artist who created the artwork / coin design. (Which is the reason we chose "CJB" to be minted on our 2015 coin.) You'll find a one (1) letter "mint mark" on many coins, as well. (Additionally, we placed our "CJB" characters in the space where the mint mark would normally be seen on a U.S. cent.) So if numismatic tradition is important to you, I'd stick with one to three characters (1-3).

Technically, we may be able to fit four or five (4-5) characters below the date. However, those characters may need to be minted smaller or closer together to fit in the available space. And that may make the text a bit harder to read on a small coin.

To play it safe, I'd recommend no more than three (3) characters. On the other hand, if you have two skinny "I" letters as in our "DIGI" example above, then four (4) characters would fit quite easily.

Regards,
Chris

So technically 'TRUMP' wouldn't fit on the coin? Grin
legendary
BCH Advocate.
legendary
BitcoinPenny.com
What is the max amount of characters?

Great question!

Traditionally, you'll find either two (2) or three (3) characters minted on U.S. coins which represent the initials of the artist who created the artwork / coin design. (Which is the reason we chose "CJB" to be minted on our 2015 coin.) You'll find a one (1) letter "mint mark" on many coins, as well. (Additionally, we placed our "CJB" characters in the space where the mint mark would normally be seen on a U.S. cent.) So if numismatic tradition is important to you, I'd stick with one to three characters (1-3).

Technically, we may be able to fit four or five (4-5) characters below the date. However, those characters may need to be minted smaller or closer together to fit in the available space. And that may make the text a bit harder to read on a small coin.

To play it safe, I'd recommend no more than three (3) characters. On the other hand, if you have two skinny "I" letters as in our "DIGI" example above, then four (4) characters would fit quite easily.

Regards,
Chris
legendary
BitcoinPenny.com
Thanks for the bids, Beraturker and IBGigglin!

How about one of these designs? Wink

or

Regards,
Me

Pages:
Jump to: