Pages:
Author

Topic: GetBitcoin - New Site For Exchanging Bitcoin/USD - page 2. (Read 5251 times)

Activity: 101
Merit: 10
Will it have LR or PP in near future ?Thnk .
legendary
Activity: 2506
Merit: 1010
If I were to place an order of Qty 5, maximum price $16, and send the total of $80 via Dwolla, for example,

and the current market rate was $15.50 (5 X $15.5 = $77.50), what would happen?

Thanks for your question. From the FAQ (https://www.get-bitcoin.com/home/faq):

Q). How much will my Bitcoins cost?
A). We buy Bitcoins for you on the open market the day we receive payment. For example, if you mail us $200 on Monday, and it arrives Thursday, how many Bitcoins you get depends on what the market price is on Thursday evening. To ensure you receive Bitcoins at the price you want, you can set a "Maximum Price" when you place your order. If Bitcoins cannot be purchased for less than the price you name, your payment will be refunded in full.

I don't think that answers my question.  In my example I send $80 and the price ends up being $15.50 so I'll have purchased 5 X $15.50 = $77.50.  What about the remaining $2.50?
Activity: 46
Merit: 0
but is still in beta, so comments/questions/bug reports much appreciated.

If I were to place an order of Qty 5, maximum price $16, and send the total of $80 via Dwolla, for example,

Thanks for your question. From the FAQ (https://www.get-bitcoin.com/home/faq):

Q). How much will my Bitcoins cost?
A). We buy Bitcoins for you on the open market the day we receive payment. For example, if you mail us $200 on Monday, and it arrives Thursday, how many Bitcoins you get depends on what the market price is on Thursday evening. To ensure you receive Bitcoins at the price you want, you can set a "Maximum Price" when you place your order. If Bitcoins cannot be purchased for less than the price you name, your payment will be refunded in full.
Activity: 21

If you already have money in your dwolla, why wouldn't you just use a regular exchange service and skip the 5% fee?
legendary
Activity: 2506
Merit: 1010

Activity: 46
(New account for the site, so posting in newbies forum. Will post to main forum as soon as four-hour time limit is up.)

Hey everyone. I've noticed that, if you've just heard about Bitcoin on the news and want to buy some, it can be pretty difficult - you have to set up a Dwolla account, link it to your bank account, send money to your Dwolla account, wait for that transaction to clear, set up an MtGox account, transfer money from the Dwolla account to the MtGox account, put in a trade order on MtGox, and then transfer the Bitcoin from the MtGox account to your wallet (to name one common route).

So, I've put together a site to try and make it easier for people to buy and sell Bitcoin. The URL is https://www.get-bitcoin.com, and our goal is to make it easy and fast to buy and sell Bitcoin, even if you've never heard of it and just downloaded the software. Site is live and open for orders, but is still in beta, so comments/questions/bug reports much appreciated.
Pages:
Jump to: