Pages:
Author

Topic: Getting around KYC for ICOs - page 2. (Read 684 times)

Activity: 252
Merit: 101
Global Risk Exchange - gref.io
January 23, 2018, 05:52:02 PM
I am not directly effected but I don't understand what the need is for this for ICOs. I mean I think it does more harm than help and besides if the ICO is a scam it will only hurt and not help anybody.
Activity: 364
Merit: 100
January 23, 2018, 05:47:16 PM
Very interesting....I wonder who would've done this for Polymath's airdrop lol.
Activity: 189
Merit: 13
Filter the wheat from the chaff.
January 23, 2018, 05:32:28 PM
Many ICOs have KYC requirements now and do not allow people from several countries (incl. USA, China, etc).  In case anyone is affected by this, pls have a look here: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/ico-kyc-sanctions-buster-2805785

i have done one campaign last year and until now i havnt paid yet because the manager said that the KYC nt yet release. i laways encounter this word KYC. what thus KYC mean?

Banking terminology for Know Your Client.  Usually requires identity verification (and in the case of banking, verifying source of funds).
Activity: 165
Merit: 10
BitSong is a decentralized music streaming platfor
January 23, 2018, 05:26:18 PM
Many ICOs have KYC requirements now and do not allow people from several countries (incl. USA, China, etc).  In case anyone is affected by this, pls have a look here: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/ico-kyc-sanctions-buster-2805785

i have done one campaign last year and until now i havnt paid yet because the manager said that the KYC nt yet release. i laways encounter this word KYC. what thus KYC mean?
January 23, 2018, 04:27:31 PM
Many ICOs have KYC requirements now and do not allow people from several countries (incl. USA, China, etc).  In case anyone is affected by this, pls have a look here: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/ico-kyc-sanctions-buster-2805785

Hey sorry for the trouble but was hoping to send you a pm from a new account but I'm getting this...

"User 'ICO-Master' has not chosen to allow messages from newbies. You should post in their relevant thread to remind them to enable this setting."

I have fixed the setting and you can now send me PM.  Please fix your setting under Personal message Options so I can reply.
Activity: 3
Merit: 0
January 23, 2018, 02:21:09 PM

Hey sorry for the trouble but was hoping to send you a pm from a new account but I'm getting this...

"User 'ICO-Master' has not chosen to allow messages from newbies. You should post in their relevant thread to remind them to enable this setting."
copper member
Activity: 183
January 23, 2018, 02:10:06 PM
Why do some countries like the US banned from ICO's? https://crypterium.io/ was a large ICO and took USA residents so why can't others?
Activity: 3
January 23, 2018, 01:58:07 PM
Would you be open to taking suggestions on potential investments in certain ICO's?
January 23, 2018, 10:29:25 AM
I will advice you get some credibility on the forum before thinking of doing that. you are still a newbie and I don't think community will trust you on that.
Atleast get to a hero member then people might try to believe you. As a newbie or even a jnr member. That's a red flag for me.
my opinion

Member accounts are bought and sold like candy here and provide no credibility for a transaction.
Activity: 336
January 23, 2018, 08:58:53 AM
I agree with the KYC policy. I worked in a bank before and this KYC policy would help a lot in the identification (true identity) of clients. They can easily be tracked if there are problems and possibilities of fraud will diminish. This policy will also avoid fraudulent activities and scams. However, there should be a standard regulations for this e.g IDs as what others are concerned of.
Activity: 406
Merit: 11
Until the end of time
January 23, 2018, 08:52:41 AM
I will advice you get some credibility on the forum before thinking of doing that. you are still a newbie and I don't think community will trust you on that.
Atleast get to a hero member then people might try to believe you. As a newbie or even a jnr member. That's a red flag for me.
my opinion
Activity: 546
Merit: 251
January 23, 2018, 08:52:14 AM
There are pros and cons in kyc, but i disagree with this kyc. Because I think many difficult investors to do this verification and some ID Cards from the state can not be accepted in kyc, this is obviously detrimental to investors. We can see from the utrust project, there are many investors who complain of not being able to verify their account and there are investors who ask for their investment funds to be returned.
Activity: 322
Merit: 103
January 23, 2018, 08:50:57 AM
No, I think they need KYC to collect the knowledge who exactly are their clients to select the target audience.
They need KYC because some countries have different restrictions on ICOs (not to the general concept of ICO but on the specific fields of the current ones).
Is it safe to whitelist someone's ethereum address on your personal data? It seems too easy to avoid this step. Also I still can't fully understand this because the further token transfers are not controlled by KYC and cand be blocked.
January 23, 2018, 08:41:20 AM
KYC its good for excluding multiaccounts, but we must know about it from beginning before bounty campaign.
Many users want to keep anonymous, and second reason dev's can lost documents on hacking

And why does the development team don't like multiaccounts? What the difference for advertisement of the project if there are two persons or just one?
No, I think they need KYC to collect the knowledge who exactly are their clients to select the target audience.

Probably they don't like multiaccounts when they have individual limits.
Activity: 120
January 23, 2018, 07:45:25 AM
For me this kind of general rule that they need  KYC for ICO is just a kind of hassle thing but to think it more safier and more secured and maybe as I think they only deflect people with mulitiple accounts, so that it won't easily allow to apply for their ICO's .
Activity: 84
Merit: 4
Cryptocurrency Wallet - Denaro.io
January 23, 2018, 07:38:44 AM
KYC its good for excluding multiaccounts, but we must know about it from beginning before bounty campaign.
Many users want to keep anonymous, and second reason dev's can lost documents on hacking

And why does the development team don't like multiaccounts? What the difference for advertisement of the project if there are two persons or just one?
Activity: 98
January 23, 2018, 07:24:45 AM
I agree with this idea, the problem is the trust issue of the one who is offering this service. Since you are a newbie it'll be hard for investors to trust their money with you. I guess you need to have some proofs of this. An escrow would be a good idea.
January 23, 2018, 07:10:54 AM

agree
Activity: 420
January 23, 2018, 05:52:26 AM
January 23, 2018, 05:36:41 AM
I would trust to do this kind of problem long-standing member of this forum, with positive trust. When such offers are a beginner, trust not very much.

Well I understand your thought, but the reality is member accounts on this forum are bought and sold like candy.   Though I have been a member for a while, and use my real account to gain information and post questions , I made a new account specifically for this purpose (ICO subscription).

Pages:
Jump to: