Pages:
Author

Topic: Getting listed on Coinbase? - page 2. (Read 268 times)

legendary
Activity: 2338
Merit: 1354
April 02, 2020, 05:54:00 AM
I think you get to use in some big exchanges just like Binance where they list whatever shitcoins. Just like the shitcoins of Justin Sun, e.g. BitTorrent, or other shitcoins especially those altcoins that conducted on the Binance IEO which called Binance LaunchPad which most of those coins are already dumping. It is totally different from Coinbase, it's extremely difficult in Coinbase to compare to other exchanges.
Activity: 70
Merit: 0
April 02, 2020, 05:17:36 AM
Okay so its public knowledge that he is backing the project, but I mean like if he lists it on Coinbase he's basically using his company to get a return on his investment right? Like im sure when he decided to announce it he had some plan to exit and get his money back, whether that involves listing it on the exchange that he owns. That is illegal right? Wouldn't it be the same as if I made an investment into a coin while having inside information that it will be listed on binance for example
HCP
legendary
Activity: 2086
Merit: 4318
April 02, 2020, 04:11:48 AM
So basically the coins that are listed on Coinbase are probably the safest coins to invest in?
No. There are plenty of examples of coins being listed on the "big" exchanges that have "crashed and burned" and are now mostly worthless...

Also if Brian Armstrong invests in a coin since hes the CEO of coinbase , if he were to list a coin he personally invested in on coinbase (im sure he has the power to do that) would that be considered like a conflict of interest / insider trading?
It's definitely not insider trading. Insider trading is using private (aka "insider") knowledge to gain an advantage. Like for instance, say you worked at Company A and knew that Company A had just scored a massive defence department contract worth billions of dollars but the deal had not been publicly announced. Going out and buying as many shares as possible of Company A before the public announcement would be "insider trading".

It could potentially be a conflict of interest... for instance if Brian Armstrong could somehow "force" Coinbase to start massively promoting "Aella" to try and pump the price or something... but I don't see that being a very realistic scenario.

Given that it's public knowledge he is backing it... and also that he works at Coinbase... it would be hard to achieve anything like that without being publicly called out on it.
mk4
legendary
Activity: 2870
Merit: 3873
Paldo.io 🤖
April 02, 2020, 03:58:05 AM
So basically the coins that are listed on Coinbase are probably the safest coins to invest in?
Not necessarily "safe". In fact, I personally think every single coin on Coinbase(besides bitcoin) is a bad investment. You do you, though.

Also if Brian Armstrong invests in a coin since hes the CEO of coinbase , if he were to list a coin he personally invested in on coinbase (im sure he has the power to do that) would that be considered like a conflict of interest / insider trading?
Not sure, but probably? I guess the decision of listing coins doesn't go through Brian Armstrong alone; but I'm not sure.
April 02, 2020, 03:48:38 AM

mk4
legendary
Activity: 2870
Merit: 3873
Paldo.io 🤖
April 02, 2020, 03:36:12 AM
If the article you've read says that it's' backed by Brian Armstrong, then it's backed by Brian Armstrong, not Coinbase.

With that said, it just shows that the project is not a scam(use-case is another thing), and there's more likeliness of it getting listed compared to 95% of existing projects. Don't get your hopes up though, there are dozens and dozens of non-scam(but pointless) projects that aren't being listed on Coinbase. Their standards are definitely higher than most exchanges.
April 02, 2020, 03:01:13 AM
So I recently found a new project (Aella) that was invested in by Brian Armstrong of Coinbase.

Does this mean that it will list on coinbase?

or is that considered insider trading etc and not allowed
Pages:
Jump to: