Pages:
Author

Topic: getting past break even - page 2. (Read 359 times)

Activity: 658
Merit: 100
Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!
March 22, 2024, 11:08:56 AM
Using several indicators will be better in carrying out analysis. And make sure you doing a backtest so you can find a higher probability from that indicator. You can use the history of the candle sticks in the market or Trading view.

About pinescript, does this mean you are testing a trading bot? If yes, sorry because I'm really ignorant about that. I heard sometimes Bots only work under certain conditions. For example, a bot for a bullish market, it will not work in a bearish or sideway market. Maybe you have to find a bot that suits market conditions.
legendary
Activity: 1946
Merit: 1157
Undeads.com - P2E Runner Game
March 20, 2024, 07:14:29 PM
I have been testing indicators and strategies for a while trying to come up with profitable ways to trade. But I cant seen to beat a winning rate of about 50% on a 1:1 risk reward. Nothing I tried is giving me an edge ..

You should not focus on one indicator. Try to test several different trading indicators and during the testing process you will be able to select 2-3 indicators that you will use simultaneously for trading.

2-3 indicators will be a good combination for testing, sometimes some indicators do not match the indicators installed. Users must also understand what the advantages and disadvantages of this indicator are. I'm not much of an expert in trading analysis, only using 1 or 2 indicators to determine where the market will go. The OP might create some kind of analysis bot that will give him information about when to buy and sell according to the indicators he uses.
Activity: 1358
Merit: 134
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
March 20, 2024, 06:31:49 PM
Lets make it simple, don't try to achieve 50% winning rate in trade especially if you are new in trading or has only a few years of experience because as we know it is very hard to achive that percentage of win in trading and if you keep on chasing that goal and trying so many things in order to achive it, you may stumble at some point and don't know what to do aymore, it is not bad to do experimental trades because you are exploring different ways in order to have a profitable trade, but if you keep on trying different strategy and indicators just because the previous you have used is not effective then it might be bad, because all strategy and indicators have their own different ways in engaging in the market and based on what you are currently using from other indicators and strategy, it has its different way of approach in the market, I suggest choose only a few strategy and master it in order to have more percentage of winning in your trades.
legendary
Activity: 2492
Merit: 3612
Buy/Sell crypto at BestChange
March 20, 2024, 06:49:58 AM
A profit rate of 50% is very good, as you can exceed the percentage by placing larger amounts for trades that you are certain are likely to achieve profits, versus smaller amounts for trades that do not achieve profits. If you are creating 100 trades and an average of 50% of them are profitable, try to make 70% of them profitable. Your investments average 50% profitable and 30% in less certain investments. This will raise the profit rate to more than 50%, even though the average profit is 50% for transactions.
legendary
Activity: 3738
Merit: 1708
March 20, 2024, 12:21:23 AM
I have been testing indicators and strategies for a while trying to come up with profitable ways to trade. But I cant seen to beat a winning rate of about 50% on a 1:1 risk reward. Nothing I tried is giving me an edge
While testing some pinescript code yesterday using a basic strategy for testing purposes of entering trades when a green candle appears after a red one I also got a win rate of 50%. So I cant seem to beat a coin toss.

Yes this is normal. There is no guarantee way of making money in the markets. That’s just the way it is.

If it was this easy, nobody would work, they would just code some bot and go on vacation.

You need to learn how to trade yourself in real time and see if you can be profitable. Using a bot is not a good way to do that.

Bots will work in certain markets such as bull or bear or sideways markets. But once the market changes the bot will no longer work and by the time you configure it to another market sentiment , you would of had huge losses by then.
Activity: 1722
Merit: 801
March 19, 2024, 11:52:11 PM
I have been testing indicators and strategies for a while trying to come up with profitable ways to trade. But I cant seen to beat a winning rate of about 50% on a 1:1 risk reward.
Winning rate is 50% and risk reward ratio for your entry consideration is 1:1, it is bad for success rate and in risk management it is bad, very risky too.

To manage risk better, the ratio of risk: reward should be 1:3. If you see from your entry to cut loss price, and from entry to take profit price is less than 1: 3, don't open any position from that entry.

Risk to lose your money, even by cut loss, is bigger than chance to get profit.
legendary
Activity: 2268
Merit: 1655
To the Moon
March 18, 2024, 06:56:33 PM
I have been testing indicators and strategies for a while trying to come up with profitable ways to trade. But I cant seen to beat a winning rate of about 50% on a 1:1 risk reward. Nothing I tried is giving me an edge ..

You should not focus on one indicator. Try to test several different trading indicators and during the testing process you will be able to select 2-3 indicators that you will use simultaneously for trading.
Activity: 2898
Merit: 597
Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!
March 18, 2024, 12:20:28 PM
I have been testing indicators and strategies for a while trying to come up with profitable ways to trade. But I cant seen to beat a winning rate of about 50% on a 1:1 risk reward. Nothing I tried is giving me an edge
While testing some pinescript code yesterday using a basic strategy for testing purposes of entering trades when a green candle appears after a red one I also got a win rate of 50%. So I cant seem to beat a coin toss.
What's a pinescript code? I have heard it this time and despite that I am not the greatest trader here but with that term you've mentioned got me curious on what you really trying to do. But if you're trying to beat the market, you can't beat it and that's why you have to be with it and just do what's necessary as an action and keep on testing strategies that will make you profitable and what's more comfortable to you in doing. Not all of them are going to be green days but somehow it is going to be with your few more tests.
copper member
Activity: 2016
Merit: 1783
฿itcoin for all, All for ฿itcoin.
March 18, 2024, 12:16:28 PM
You are going to have to tinker around your risk reward ratio mostly and the take profit percentages. You may also explore other strategies and indicators as well. Also, a market condition matters a lot. Certain trading strategies work so well when the market is trending, while others are far better when the market is moving sideways. Nothing comes easy mate.
Activity: 2310
Merit: 332
March 18, 2024, 11:37:26 AM

I don't really understand what you are about to say but in whatever you do you have to stick with whatever works for you. You don't have to leave your working strategy to seek for advise from another person. If you got a win rate of 50% from your new strategy then you have to build more on it to stabilize your growth and add more profit in your trading experience. So I wish you luck in your strategy.
Activity: 182
Merit: 115
March 18, 2024, 10:50:53 AM

Actually I don't basically don't understand what you are trying to say,  but by the look of things, you are actually a newbie when it comes to trading, and as such, the logical thing to do is to seek knowledge first, because in the crypto industry, you only got what you deserve, if you are making it big, you deserve it because you have the required skill to trade and be profitable, so if you lack knowledge and you decide to engage in trades ignorantly, then it's a must that you will surely learn the hard way after you have been liquidated, and that's what you deserve, so it's best you go for knowledge first, so you can know how to navigate your way in the market and come out profitable.
Activity: 168
Merit: 7
March 18, 2024, 09:58:47 AM
Pages:
Jump to: