Pages:
Author

Topic: Getting scared is useful! - page 2. (Read 388 times)

Activity: 1400
Merit: 655
Bitcoin is achievement
August 15, 2020, 06:07:49 PM
Yeap bro I really in love with your excellent researched work because researching is the basic criteria of development in bitcointalk community, this post really make sense to the readers most especially I.with this mighty illustrations an average observing students or beginners can be able to understand the concept of fear in all ramifications of cryptoccurrency. Fear of scamming through emails, fears of scammers through ponzi scheme investment.
Fears makes people not buy bitcoin and ETH as investment.
Activity: 1232
Merit: 379
August 15, 2020, 05:25:49 PM
One of my scariest experiences was dealing with emotion and how to accept loss. I was so discouraged and disappointed at every drop in price especially when you bought some coins during bear trend. I was waiting and depressed, plans were out of road map but all paid well at the end
The sweet thing about crypto is patient, learn to control emotion. Be ready to accept whatever comes after and lastly avoid being greedy.
I agree with you, the only main factor that yield result is patient, so many disappointment and frustration comes as a result of bear trends on the a particular coin you purchased, it gives a deep sense of anger in investors. The keynote to this euphoria is hodl, despite the fact that the market is against your expectation, be ready to accept it and move on. It just a simple rule to understand.
Activity: 1288
Merit: 504
August 15, 2020, 07:20:33 AM
It makes sense since you should be scared about spending your bitcoins since if you lose it it's like losing real money and you'll feel the burn of a scam but this time there are no chargebacks
Bitcoin is real money the difference is just it's area of operation, being on the web. So applies to every other Altcoins, the way you choose to handle it is strictly up to you but then, no need to be scared. Life is a risk, risk takers get to go through life quite well but, you don't take risk cheapishly.
Activity: 7
Merit: 4
August 15, 2020, 06:07:05 AM
It makes sense since you should be scared about spending your bitcoins since if you lose it it's like losing real money and you'll feel the burn of a scam but this time there are no chargebacks
Activity: 546
Merit: 148
August 15, 2020, 05:30:02 AM
One of my scariest experiences was dealing with emotion and how to accept loss. I was so discouraged and disappointed at every drop in price especially when you bought some coins during bear trend. I was waiting and depressed, plans were out of road map but all paid well at the end
The sweet thing about crypto is patient, learn to control emotion. Be ready to accept whatever comes after and lastly avoid being greedy.
Activity: 2814
Merit: 574
August 15, 2020, 04:24:57 AM
I think my greatest fear in cryptocurrency is holding coins that might get into trouble if market will crash. For now, I need money and just saving it in crypto to get chances to earn or if not just to get to use of it in doing transaction since I have the app that uses crypto to pay bills or literally serves as an e wallet. Anyway, for now I was able to see that my savings increases and I made a line where I need to sell it right away if the coin market price drop to the line or in the line of price I wanted to sell. Just to be more safe just in case another market crash will going to happen.
Why? In the first place you should know by now that crypto is very volatile and if you are going to be a holder, you should have that mental toughness not to be afraid if the price crashes and portfolio going down as well. I think scared is not the term, but paranoid, as once Andy Grove of Intel said, "only the paranoid survive".
Activity: 686
Merit: 125
August 14, 2020, 05:57:55 PM
I think my greatest fear in cryptocurrency is holding coins that might get into trouble if market will crash. For now, I need money and just saving it in crypto to get chances to earn or if not just to get to use of it in doing transaction since I have the app that uses crypto to pay bills or literally serves as an e wallet. Anyway, for now I was able to see that my savings increases and I made a line where I need to sell it right away if the coin market price drop to the line or in the line of price I wanted to sell. Just to be more safe just in case another market crash will going to happen.
legendary
Activity: 1134
Merit: 1597
August 14, 2020, 03:44:58 PM
This actually applies not only to cryptocurrencies but to your entire life: overcome your fears by finding what causes the fear in the first place.

But this stuff doesn't really fit everyone. I guess this could be put in an equality relationship with being open-minded, especially because some people would rather just not know what they're doing wrong at all than learn and fix the issues.

Like, instead of quitting trading because you've always done it wrong, maybe it's time to study more about trading and chart analysis. If you think you can handle more info while maintaining your interest, then just find out the cause of your fear and fix it.
legendary
Activity: 1414
Merit: 1108
August 14, 2020, 03:13:49 PM
It's really nice of you to have seen fear or being scared in this kind of way, as a dare! At least this one has no harm in it if you adhere to speculations. For a fact, there are always signs that most persons fail to read. This could be tide up to not being prepared enough and getting scared can really get you there. Nice of you to remind us of how effective fear could be and turning it to our advantage. Good one.
Activity: 1288
Merit: 504
August 14, 2020, 10:40:51 AM
Your scared, use it!
The cryptocurrency ecosystem could be a very daring one, just like in the Hollywood movies like the Jurassic Park having it's unique ecological niche and diverse extinct animal life intended for amusement turning out to be a biological weapon that can course the most damage. So also is the cryptosphere or as most persons may view it. A coded system on a blockchain that should be exploited for various individual purpose could turn out to damage us in ways unimaginable and unexpected. So, we get scared and are often afraid to take a first step. This is not unusual, with all the menace in the cryptosphere out there to get what you've got and hope to have, it becomes really dangerous to conduct business safely on the web. This is where the concept of being scared becomes useful. Getting scared when you want to test fresh or new waters is normal. Concepts have it that, 'when you approach a new river and desires to swim it, don't go ahead and dive in. First, step on the shoreline to determine it's depth/tide and only then can you swim'. Getting scared is useful that way, it pushes you to research on that which your curious and enthusiastic about.

How to use fear
In my opinion as far as this research goes, there are basically two ways to use fear;

1. Cure your curiosity and feed your enthusiasm
Fear or being scared comes like a dare. Every major intention and success was given birth to by the womb of impossibility. The fear is always going to be there. The fear of;
* Scammers
* Phishing sites/platforms
* Hackers
* Investing in shit coins
* Using unsecured wallets

And a lot of others of these trends.
These elements exist to raise our cautiousness high and push the need for advancement in available models. Fortunately, a lot of the need to know topics on these have been treated and continues to be updated in this forum. Some of them includes;

|
Title
Pages:
Jump to:
© 2020, Bitcointalksearch.org