Pages:
Author

Topic: Gibraltar War - page 3. (Read 1937 times)

legendary
Activity: 1400
Merit: 1001
April 03, 2017, 09:42:20 AM
There won't be war. The cons of starting military conflict definitely outweigh the pros.
I would understand if that was some economically important piece of land, rich with natural resources but it is piece of solid rock!
Gibraltar, a piece of land less than 3 square mile and home to about 30,000 people, definitely not worth to fight for.
legendary
Activity: 2786
Merit: 1031
April 03, 2017, 09:41:16 AM
#Gibrexit, let the people of Gibraltar choose. Cheesy

England doesn't like people leaving a union if they are the ones in charge of it.

In a few years Theresa May will become the most hated person in England. Cheesy
legendary
Activity: 2562
Merit: 1441
April 03, 2017, 07:45:08 AM
War is expensive, I don't know if any nation can afford it.

The united states threatening russia with war could only mean america is threatening to increase their deficit higher than $20 trillion.

War inflicts more damage to the united states, in terms of deficit & debt, than the damage done to countries they're at war with.

I don't know that european nations are any different. War at this point could deal far more self inflicted economic damage than positive tangible gains.
legendary
Activity: 3290
Merit: 16489
Thick-Skinned Gang Leader and Golden Feather 2021
April 02, 2017, 12:13:41 PM
The UK wouldn't have to go to war, if Spain wouldn't lay a claim on Gibraltar.

War is probably the quickest way to get out of EU :O I'm pretty sure that won't happen though, it's just some tough language to show power. Or an April fools joke.
Pab
legendary
Activity: 1862
Merit: 1012
April 02, 2017, 12:09:16 PM
Theresa May would be prepared to go to war to protect Gibraltar as Margaret Thatcher once did for the Falklands.War between Great Britain and EU countries for some rock on the sea,if that will happen than all kind of friendly relation between GB and EU will be destroyed,financial tornado becouse of London Citi,all financial institution will have leave Citi to make business in EU,normally btc price will sky rocket.even that kind of official comments from top GB politician is pure madness.Lets see markets in monday

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2017/apr/02/britain-and-eu-worse-off-without-brexit-deal-says-michael-fallon
Pages:
Jump to: