Pages:
Author

Topic: Gigamining math - page 2. (Read 3157 times)

vip
Activity: 1358
Merit: 1000
AKA: gigavps
legendary
Activity: 910
Merit: 1000
Quality Printing Services by Federal Reserve Bank
September 11, 2012, 09:06:28 AM
There is a threshold beyond which high profits become a scam. It seems this apply to the following math:

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.1178669

Can you give any explanation as to what your actual cut is in this, and why it seems you're taking a seemingly insane cut, barring there has been some major issues along the way you forgot to tell us?

I'm an running this bond to make money. I'm not sure where you got the idea that this was a charitable venture. Every bond sale thus far has netted 100% initial capital outlays. I would expect nothing less from the release of the Teramining bond otherwise there is no reason to do it.

I'm not saying I think you're not running this for profit. I'm saying that with 1.5 free terahash by trading your 3 current minirig for half a free ASIC each, and if selling your GPU rig would fetch you for about an extra half the price of an ASIC rig (already paid by investors), you only need another 2 terahash (2 rigs equivalent) to fund the remaining of the TERAMINING hashing at 100 mhash per share.

Or ~5500 BTC (2750 BTC / ASIC rig)

You're asking for about 40000 x (0.30 - 0.40) = 12 000 to 16 000 BTC. A 54% to  65% cut for you. And the new 90% PPS proposed would take 10% more of what's left (about 4% - 5% more). 60 - 70% cut total.

It just seems like the upgrade is actually charging us the full price of the ASICs + cut, completely ignoring the fact the FPGA rigs/GPU were paid for (40 000 BTC I believe?) by the investors on the initial IPO and can partially pay/be traded for the ASICs.

Your cut is seemingly more than twice to quintuple the cut others take, hence why I'd like to know the actual numbers on your side and your actual cut.

I ended up with a similar results right here:
This is one ugly rip-off but as you can see from the following posts, bond is not a equity blaa blaa blaa so he thinks he is actually giving "bond" holders a present.
legendary
Activity: 2352
Merit: 1064
Bitcoin is antisemitic
September 11, 2012, 05:23:55 AM
There is a threshold beyond which high profits become a scam. It seems this apply to the following math:

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.1178669

Can you give any explanation as to what your actual cut is in this, and why it seems you're taking a seemingly insane cut, barring there has been some major issues along the way you forgot to tell us?

I'm an running this bond to make money. I'm not sure where you got the idea that this was a charitable venture. Every bond sale thus far has netted 100% initial capital outlays. I would expect nothing less from the release of the Teramining bond otherwise there is no reason to do it.

I'm not saying I think you're not running this for profit. I'm saying that with 1.5 free terahash by trading your 3 current minirig for half a free ASIC each, and if selling your GPU rig would fetch you for about an extra half the price of an ASIC rig (already paid by investors), you only need another 2 terahash (2 rigs equivalent) to fund the remaining of the TERAMINING hashing at 100 mhash per share.

Or ~5500 BTC (2750 BTC / ASIC rig)

You're asking for about 40000 x (0.30 - 0.40) = 12 000 to 16 000 BTC. A 54% to  65% cut for you. And the new 90% PPS proposed would take 10% more of what's left (about 4% - 5% more). 60 - 70% cut total.

It just seems like the upgrade is actually charging us the full price of the ASICs + cut, completely ignoring the fact the FPGA rigs/GPU were paid for (40 000 BTC I believe?) by the investors on the initial IPO and can partially pay/be traded for the ASICs.

Your cut is seemingly more than twice to quintuple the cut others take, hence why I'd like to know the actual numbers on your side and your actual cut.
Pages:
Jump to: